Author Topic: Trump hits Bush: Invading Iraq 'the single worst decision ever made'  (Read 2557 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump hits Bush: Invading Iraq 'the single worst decision ever made'
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2018, 04:03:38 pm »
Ditto

Why are you trying to silence the President?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2018, 04:05:06 pm »
I could say the same thing about Trump supporters. 

@Applewood

Of course you could. You are likely to babble all sorts of nonsense.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2018, 04:05:39 pm »

Can you imagine what it would be like if Trump went an entire day without saying something stupid?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2018, 04:07:06 pm »
Can you imagine what it would be like if Trump went an entire day without saying something stupid?

@catfish1957

Posted by someone who is a Boy Jorge supporter and thinks he is a "Ultra-Conservative".

« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 04:07:52 pm by sneakypete »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2018, 04:08:22 pm »
@catfish1957

Posted by someone who is a Boy Jorge supporter and thinks he is a conservative.

BS.  Show me a reference where I said that.  I was NOT a Bush fan bubba.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 04:13:35 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2018, 04:09:08 pm »

:silly:

How ridiculous.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2018, 04:09:42 pm »

9999what

How am I silencing the POTUS...take a look at the forum....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2018, 04:10:47 pm »
@Applewood

Of course you could. You are likely to babble all sorts of nonsense.

And your saying that I shouldn't be allowed to vote isn't nonsense? 

Maybe it isn't.  Maybe you and your human traffic cone god would really like to deny me and any other non-worshipers our right to vote.  Like your idol, you have no knowledge of or respect for the Constitution either.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2018, 04:12:45 pm »
9999what

Myst.....

DJT's supporters (IMO) are starting to feel the fatigue of defending someone who they can't defend anymore. 

When it starts unraveling, its really going to get ugly.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2018, 04:16:47 pm »
9999what

You're not.  But you'd like to whenever he brings up the failures of Dubya.

My point is:  The President has a right to his opinion and like the rest of us, the right to express it.

Can you "ditto" this?

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2018, 04:17:10 pm »
Myst.....

DJT's supporters (IMO) are starting to feel the fatigue of defending someone who they can't defend anymore. 

When it starts unraveling, its really going to get ugly.

*****rollingeyes*****

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2018, 04:28:11 pm »
You're not.  But you'd like to whenever he brings up the failures of Dubya.

My point is:  The President has a right to his opinion and like the rest of us, the right to express it.

Can you "ditto" this?

No I can't ditto this especially re the Iraq  War where everyone thought there were WMD..My family only gave up 4years others gave the ultimate sacrifice and blaming this on just one man is not fair.

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline corbe

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2018, 04:32:03 pm »
Sept. 11, 2002: Howard Stern asks Trump if he supports invading Iraq. Trump answers hesitantly. “Yeah, I guess so. You know, I wish it was, I wish the first time it was done correctly.”

Jan. 28, 2003: Trump appears on Fox Business’ “Your World with Neil Cavuto,” on the night of President Bush’s State of the Union address. Trump says he expects to hear “a lot of talk about Iraq and the problems,” and the economy. He urges Bush to make a decision on Iraq. “Either you attack or you don’t attack,” he says. But he offers no opinion on what Bush should do.

Cavuto: If you had to sort of breakdown for the president, if you were advising him, how much time do you commit to Iraq versus how much time you commit to the economy, what would you say?

Trump: Well, I’m starting to think that people are much more focused now on the economy. They are getting a little bit tired of hearing, we’re going in, we’re not going in, the — you know, whatever happened to the days of the Douglas MacArthur. He would go and attack. He wouldn’t talk. We have to — you know, it’s sort like either do it or don’t do it. When I watch Dan Rather explaining how we are going to be attacking, where we’re going to attack, what routes we’re taking, what kind of planes we’re using, how to stop them, how to stop us, it is a little bit disconcerting. I’ve never seen this, where newscasters are telling you how — telling the enemy how we’re going about it, we have just found out this and that. It is ridiculous.

Cavuto: Well, the problem right there.

Trump: Either you attack or you don’t attack.

Cavuto: The problem there, Donald, is you’re watching Dan Rather. Maybe you should just be watching Fox.

Trump: Well, no, I watch Dan Rather, but not necessarily fondly. But I happened to see it the other night. And I must tell you it was rather amazing as they were explaining the different — I don’t know if it is fact or if it is fiction, but the concept of a newscaster talking about the routes is — just seems ridiculous. So the point is either you do it or you don’t do it, or you — but I just — or if you don’t do it, just don’t talk about it. When you do it, you start talking about it.

Cavuto: So you’re saying the leash on this is getting kind of short here, that the president has got to do something presumably sooner rather than later and stringing this along could ultimately hurt us.

Trump: Well, he has either got to do something or not do something, perhaps, because perhaps shouldn’t be doing it yet and perhaps we should be waiting for the United Nations, you know. He’s under a lot of pressure. He’s — I think he’s doing a very good job. But, of course, if you look at the polls, a lot of people are getting a little tired. I think the Iraqi situation is a problem. And I think the economy is a much bigger problem as far as the president is concerned.

https://www.factcheck.org/2016/02/donald-trump-and-the-iraq-war/

Trump was for it before he was against it...

@Right_in_Virginia was he full of $hit then or is he full of $hit now?  Can you please enlighten your Friends here that don't drink the Orange stuff?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2018, 04:36:37 pm »
BS.  Show me a reference where I said that.  I was NOT a Bush fan bubba.

@catfish1957

Boy Bush Fan/fellow traveler. What't the difference?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2018, 04:37:41 pm »
No I can't ditto this especially re the Iraq  War where everyone thought there were WMD..My family only gave up 4years others gave the ultimate sacrifice and blaming this on just one man is not fair.

It’s also not historically accurate.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2018, 04:37:53 pm »
And your saying that I shouldn't be allowed to vote isn't nonsense? 

@Applewood

You think mentally incompetent people should be allowed to vote?

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2018, 04:39:26 pm »
@catfish1957

Boy Bush Fan/fellow traveler. What't the difference?

For tbe second time.....   show me where I am a Bush fan on this forum  Otherwise, quit telling falsehoods.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2018, 04:41:04 pm »
No I can't ditto this especially re the Iraq  War where everyone thought there were WMD.

@mystery-ak

No,"everybody" did NOT think there were WMD there. It was just a convenient lie they told to get the 'murikan peepulls behind them.

BUT.....,let's assume for just one minute that he DID have chemical weapons he was going to use on massed Fundie Jihadists. WHY would WE try to prevent it?

Offline corbe

« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2018, 04:45:27 pm »
@Applewood

@sneakypete

No, they should not be allowed to Vote and I do hope, for the sake of our Republic, the Shrinks get together and add Trumpitis to the DSM-5 before 2020.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2018, 04:52:34 pm »
@Applewood

So if I don't bow down and worship your king, I am now mentally incompetent.  When your king comes up for re-election, who is going to determine my mental competency?  You?

Trump Derangement Syndrome doesn't exist among the non-believers.  It exists with you and your orange god.  You are the ones who need to have your heads examined.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2018, 04:53:14 pm »

The WMD thing was a lie. I think it is highly likely that the higher ups in the Bush administration knew
it was a lie. We had Saddam in a box with a no fly zone on top of that box. Saddam was our
prisoner he was not going to make trouble for anyone any longer. It was utter stupidity
to go into Iraq.  W was told the invasion would lead to chaos in the region. He choice to ignore
that advice and then fire his top general and invade anyway with too few troops to occupy Iraq. As
@sneakypete pointed out there was no plan what so ever for what happened after Saddam was
deposed.

As a vet, I feel very sorry for anyone that lost a loved one in Bush's war in Iraq. Maybe if W had
listen and done things properly things would have turned out differently. But he didn't and the
Iraqis did not throw rose petals at our feet as predicted by the neocons (spit). And now the entire
region is in flames with Iran the big winner and rapidly become the regions super power.

You have to judge W's actions by the results and the results are in and they not good. In fact
they are horrific. Trump is not the only one calling W's war the worse mistake in the history of
the country. Google "worst foreign policy mistake in us history" and you will notice W war
at the top of just about everyone list. Even Gen Mattis calls it a mistake.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2018, 05:02:12 pm »
You have to judge W's actions by the results and the results are in and they not good. In fact
they are horrific. Trump is not the only one calling W's war the worse mistake in the history of
the country. Google "worst foreign policy mistake in us history" and you will notice W war
at the top of just about everyone list. Even Gen Mattis calls it a mistake.

Hindsight is always 20/20
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2018, 05:02:19 pm »
So if I don't bow down and worship your king, I am now mentally incompetent.

No,I KNOW you are mentally incompetent because you think Boy Jorge was a good president,and wish that JEB,Cruz,or some other alleged Republican clone Party Pod Person had won instead of Trump. What do YOU call wishing for more of the same,when the "same" has proven to be a disaster?

When your king comes up for re-election, who is going to determine my mental competency?  You?

You have already established it,it's up to some responsible authority to now recognize it.

Trump Derangement Syndrome doesn't exist among the non-believers.  It exists with you and your orange god.  You are the ones who need to have your heads examined.

And there is more proof you are disturbed.

IF Trump were as bad as you and the rest of the Bush Bots claim,he would STILL be a YUGE improvement over any of the retards and traitors YOU vote for.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2018, 05:07:45 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/02/international/middleeast/us-copter-is-downed-in-iraq-killing-16-and-wounding.html
U.S. Copter Is Downed in Iraq, Killing 16 and Wounding 20

My husband was 1sgt of this Co..they lost 3 crew members and 13 GI's heading home for R&R..I thought Mike was on this chopper for several hours until he called me from Balad..he/we spent his R&R visiting the families of those who were killed in his Co.....
Support the USO

Offline jpsb

« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2018, 05:09:37 pm »
Hindsight is always 20/20

Yes it is.

For the record I oppose the first Iraq war as well the W's Iraq war. I am of the opinion that
if it is not in the vital interests of the nation, war is to be avoided.  As Iraq  illustrates once the
dogs of war are unleashed no one know where they might go.

I wish we would limit our involvement in Syria to solely protecting the Kurds. It is not in our
vital interests to over throw Assad.