Author Topic: Trump hits Bush: Invading Iraq 'the single worst decision ever made'  (Read 2561 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Trump hits Bush: Invading Iraq 'the single worst decision ever made'
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2018, 02:20:57 pm »
Trump does this nonsense to keep his fans entertained.  It also boosts his ego when others react to his insults, makes him feel like macho man.

One has to wonder whether Bush is paying him for this.  W's popularity has soared since the buffoon took office!  I never expected such a rehabilitation of reputation.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2018, 02:21:39 pm »
Trump does this nonsense to keep his fans entertained.  It also boosts his ego when others react to his insults, makes him feel like macho man.  ....

Wow,  How is it possible for you to still be so wrong about the man?

@Applewood

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2018, 02:29:21 pm »
One has to wonder whether Bush is paying him for this.  W's popularity has soared since the buffoon took office!  I never expected such a rehabilitation of reputation.

@Suppressed  ... You say Dubya's popularity has "soared".  Care to tell us among who?

Offline Concerned

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2018, 02:36:28 pm »
@Suppressed  ... You say Dubya's popularity has "soared".  Care to tell us among who?

His favorability has about doubled over time.  There's a pretty insightful graph in the article cited below which shows a steady improvement in favorability over the past 7-8 years:

George W. Bush has turned his unpopularity upside down.

Six in 10 Americans, 61%, say they now have a favorable view of the 43rd President of the United States in the latest CNN poll conducted by SSRS, nearly double the 33% who gave him a favorable mark when he left the White House in January 2009.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/politics/george-w-bush-favorable-poll/index.html
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2018, 02:44:57 pm »
His favorability has about doubled over time.  There's a pretty insightful graph in the article cited below which shows a steady improvement in favorability over the past 7-8 years:

Let me ask this another way @Concerned  ... Why is Dubya being rehabilitated ... and by who?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2018, 02:50:56 pm »
That's a little strong,but it's certainly in the Top Ten.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Concerned

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2018, 02:51:46 pm »
Let me ask this another way @Concerned  ... Why is Dubya being rehabilitated ... and by who?

According to the poll data I provided, 43's favorability has remained about the same with Republicans but it has increased with Democrats and independents.  Personally, I've seen no evidence that anyone is "rehabilitating" Bush; however, as the article I linked noted: 

It's not uncommon for a president's favorability numbers to improve after leaving office.

To paraphrase the old saying:  time heals many wounds.  I think that's all we're seeing with Bush just as we've seen it with many other former Presidents after leaving office.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 03:05:35 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2018, 03:00:29 pm »
Wow.  Nearly 3,000 people were killed on 9-11 and our country was attacked.

@ libertybele

And Iraq didn't have a thing to do with it. The planning,money,and the terrorists came from Saudi Arabia,the country ran by the King that liked to swap spit with Boy Jorge when they met. The same King that bought him out of bankruptcy in the oil business and gave him an annual 6 figure "no show" consulting contract that gave him the money he needed to buy the Texas Rangers and kick off his political career.

You DO remember the day the airlines hit the towers in NYC that Boy Jorge ordered  feral LEO's to stop detaining and searching airliners owned or chartered by the Saud Royal Family that were fleeing the US,right?

While Boy Jorge is no doubt a very pleasant fellow to talk with in private life,he is the worse president in the history of our nation,and a solid case can be made that he was a traitor.

Bush reacted based on the intelligence given him and with the consent of Congress and coalitions around the globe.

HorseHillary! That was the lie used,but acted under the orders of the King of Saudi Arabia.

No, 'W' isn't my favorite president, but I'm sick and tired of Trump continuing to insult people.  Generally when a person insults others it to try to make themselves look better.  Trump needs to put a cork in it, grow up and do his darn job!

Blah,blah,blah! The whole damn Bush Crime Family are a pack of globalist traitors.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2018, 03:03:01 pm »
The plan  was to take out Saddam, recall Saddam tried to have daddy Bush killed. W invasion was
pay back. Gen Shakazzy (spelling) told W that he did not have enough troops to occupy Iraq.
Bush fired him. Gen Shakazzy was chairman of the JCS at the time. In other words the nations
top general.  Bush knew things would go to hell in Iraq and did not care as long as he could take
care of the unfinished family business with Saddam. I have zero respect for that POS, Bush.

General Shinseki is whom you are referring too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Shinseki

Rush Limbaugh really disliked this guy, here for balance:

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/05/16/general_shinseki_democrat_hack/

Maybe this has to do mainly with how the VA was run.

I did hear what Shinseki said about the number of troops needed in Iraq;  I tend to think he's correct. The whole area is a mess; at times,  I think we should just cut and run.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 03:03:42 pm by TomSea »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2018, 03:05:07 pm »
Too bad DJT doesn't take some equal time to bash democrats.

@catfish1957

He did. He bashd Bush,didn't he?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2018, 03:07:42 pm »
Bush’s biggest mistake was including Iraq in the Axis Of Evil.  We now understand the third leg of the stool is Syria.  Otherwise, he was dead on.

@edpc

Saudi Arabia is where most of the funding and a hell of a lot of the foot soldiers for Islam come from. Gee,I wonder why Boy Jorge didn't blame his Saudi paymasters and boy friend?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2018, 03:16:49 pm »
Ok. But Obama spent 8 years blaming everything he could think of, from the weather to a flu outbreak, on former President Bush. During Obama's term, everything on Earth was 'Bush's fault'. It even became a cliche'. And yet, no a peep from Mr. Bush in defense of his decisions.

That's because the entire Bush Crime Family are Dims at heart. The first Bush professional politician ran for the Senate Seat in Ct as  Reublican because the seat was held by a Dim. This was Prescott Bush,Sr,by the way. The guy convicted of laundering money for the Nazi's during WW-2. His punishment for that was the Harriman Bank that he worked for paid a small fine,and bought him a seat in the US Senate in Ct in 1954.

It was his son,Prescott Bush Jr that flew to China and opened the Chinese-American Chamber of Commerce when Poppy was president,guaranteeing that America would be flooded with Chinese junk ,and the Bush Crime Family would get to dip their beaks into each deal. For some mysterious reason,trade bans that had been in place for decades against Red China were dropped,and they started receiving "most favored nation" import fees. I'm sure that Poppy being president at that time was just a coinkydink,though.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2018, 03:22:51 pm »

Right about now, I would rather have President Bush than Trump.  At least we wouldn't have all this constant drama.  We would, however, have a president who is classy and has at least some idea about what it takes to be president.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2018, 03:27:10 pm »

@Applewood

How could Trump supporters be so blind to this man's ineptitude, failings, lack of class and decency, apparent lack of knowledge about the Constitution, history and economics, etc. etc. etc.?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2018, 03:30:01 pm »
How could Trump supporters be so blind to this man's ineptitude, failings, lack of class and decency, apparent lack of knowledge about the Constitution, history and economics, etc. etc. etc.?

Yeah, but he's not Hillary. /s

(Here before the orange flood)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jpsb

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2018, 03:42:20 pm »

@jpsb

The plan  was to take out Saddam,

Mostly because 17 of the 19 hijackers on 9-11 were Saud citizens,and Boy Jorge was drawing heat for allowing airliners belonging to various members of the Saud Royal family and relatives of his Saud boyfriend/paymaster was starting to draw attention to his treason. There said Saddam,a PRIME target for a disinformation campaign because the Dims would go along with it. Saddam Hussein,who was responsible for the deaths of more fundie Muslims THAT EVERY OTHER RULER IN THE WORLD COMBINED,was picked to be the target to deflect attention away from his own corruption and treason. It also pleased his Saud masters to go after Saddam Hussein. Win/Win for everybody but America.

It also needs to be said that Boy Jorge was in danger of losing re-election,and NOTHING gets the 'murikan voters behind a sitting president than having him declare war.

The FACT is that Saddam Hussein was basically our tame puppet,and the least dangerous leader in Islam. He not only allowed Christian churches and Jewish synagogues to exist,he provided armed soldiers to protect the services.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2018, 03:43:27 pm »
One has to wonder whether Bush is paying him for this.  W's popularity has soared since the buffoon took office!

@Suppressed

Only with clueless fools.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2018, 03:45:00 pm »

@Applewood

@Right_in_Virginia

You just KNOW that deep down in their hearts they want to start "A Day in the Life of our Lust Bunny and his lovely Laura" threads  here.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2018, 03:46:03 pm »

@Concerned

It's easier to love anybody once they are gone.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2018, 03:48:11 pm »
According to the poll data I provided, 43's favorability has remained about the same with Republicans but it has increased with Democrats and independents.

@Concerned

Of course it has. He no longer wears a Big Red "R" around his neck,so it's easier for the mentally challenged to recognize him as one of them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2018, 03:50:05 pm »
Right about now, I would rather have President Bush than Trump.  At least we wouldn't have all this constant drama.  We would, however, have a president who is classy and has at least some idea about what it takes to be president.

@Applewood

"Style over Substance".

People like you shouldn't be allowed to vote.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 03:50:29 pm by sneakypete »

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2018, 03:54:19 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

You just KNOW that deep down in their hearts they want to start "A Day in the Life of our Lust Bunny and his lovely Laura" threads  here.

Oh, please @sneakypete  --- don't give them any ideas.   ^-^

Offline Applewood

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2018, 04:00:03 pm »
@Applewood

"Style over Substance".

People like you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

I could say the same thing about Trump supporters. 

And please show me where Trump has any real substance.  I can't see it.  All I can see is a lot of chest beating and stupidity. 

If you're a fan, Trump is entertaining.  But that's all.  He really has nothing else to offer.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2018, 04:00:41 pm »
Wow.  Nearly 3,000 people were killed on 9-11 and our country was attacked.  Bush reacted based on the intelligence given him and with the consent of Congress and coalitions around the globe.

No, 'W' isn't my favorite president, but I'm sick and tired of Trump continuing to insult people.  Generally when a person insults others it to try to make themselves look better.  Trump needs to put a cork in it, grow up and do his darn job!

Ditto
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34