Author Topic: Congress can END the tyranny of the courts TOMORROW  (Read 295 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Congress can END the tyranny of the courts TOMORROW
« on: March 02, 2018, 04:12:39 pm »
Even the Supreme Court agrees.
Conservative Review, Mar 1, 2018, David Horowitz

<snip>

Here’s the problem in a nutshell: Leftist organizations can take any executive action and find a radical district judge within a liberal circuit to enjoin the entire practice nationwide and automatically win the appeal. They get to determine where to litigate any issue that is national in scope and will never take it to a circuit where they will lose. Thus, none of the good judges Trump is appointing in places like the Fifth and Eight Circuits will ever hear these cases. The Left wins every time, and there is never a circuit split, so the Supreme Court takes up appeals slowly, if ever. This is how we have the most extreme judges shutting down national policy and violating Supreme Court precedent and rarely being rebuked before their edicts do irreversible damage to our country. It also has the effect of swaying public opinion against a policy, because voters are treated to constant headlines of “Trump’s policy struck down,” or “Another Trump action ruled unconstitutional,” even though the Supreme Court justices would eventually overturn it if the case actually came before them.

Congress could simply clarify, in the Rules Enabling Act governing the administrative procedures of the courts, that the courts lack any power to issue nationwide injunctions beyond the individual plaintiff. Dave Brat’s bill does just that.

But if members of Congress were paying attention to the Supreme Court this week, particularly to Justice Thomas, they would see that their power over the courts is much more expansive than they think.

Read more: https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/congress-can-end-tyranny-courts-tomorrow/

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Congress can END the tyranny of the courts TOMORROW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 04:17:21 pm »
No circuit level judge should have nationwide jurisdiction with a ruling, it should only be within the jurisdiction he presides over, at most.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 04:22:28 pm »

I've now lost track of how many times I've said this on this very forum!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 05:18:36 pm »
But they won't.  Neither party will.

Because they hide behind the courts when they abrogate their duties, oaths and responsibilities.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 06:29:10 pm »
But they won't.  Neither party will.

Because they hide behind the courts when they abrogate their duties, oaths and responsibilities.

Never do a job that can be fobbed off....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 01:33:29 am »
Free Vulcan wrote (correctly):
"No circuit level judge should have nationwide jurisdiction with a ruling, it should only be within the jurisdiction he presides over, at most."

I'll go further.

A "ruling" (more correctly, an opinion) should only become effective within a judicial district (at least on the federal level) after an entire en banc hearing and opinion has been issued.

And even then, the executive should have the prerogative to withhold enforcement until the U.S. Supreme Court has weighed in.