Author Topic: Trump was angry and ‘unglued’ when he started a trade war, officials say  (Read 767 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-was-angry-unglued-when-he-started-trade-war-officials-n852641

By midnight Wednesday, less than 12 hours before the executives were expected to arrive, no one on the president's team had prepared any position paper for an announcement on tariff policy, the official said. In fact, according to the official, the White House counsel's office had advised that they were as much as two weeks away from being able to complete a legal review on steel tariffs.

In response to NBC News, another White House official said that the communications team "was well-prepared to support the president's announcement" and that "many of the attendees had been in the White House before and had already been vetted for attendance at a presidential event." A different official said of the decision, "everyone in the world has known where the president's head was on this issue since the beginning of his administration."

There were no prepared, approved remarks for the president to give at the planned meeting, there was no diplomatic strategy for how to alert foreign trade partners, there was no legislative strategy in place for informing Congress and no agreed upon communications plan beyond an email cobbled together by Ross's team at the Commerce Department late Wednesday that had not been approved by the White House.

No one at the State Department, the Treasury Department or the Defense Department had been told that a new policy was about to be announced or given an opportunity to weigh in in advance.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Are we sure he wasn't "Furious" too?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

He was just jamming to Track 9 of the Purple CD by STP.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
I'm not sure "unglued" is the best adjective to use when referring to Trump....  What with the hair and all...  :whistle:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I'm not sure "unglued" is the best adjective to use when referring to Trump....  What with the hair and all...  :whistle:

I'm guessing his daily routine is similar to the process Christian Bale goes through in American Hustle.

! No longer available
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline Concerned

Plus, "unglued" implies he was actually "glued" at one time. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline andy58-in-nh

He's come undone...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline WingNot

Offline GrouchoTex

Offline WingNot

Guess who.

Fine job young man.  Hit that one 450 ft into the center field Bleachers!

Offline libertybele

Trump's actions are becoming more concerning; he's taken a liberal step on amnesty, the 2nd amendment, the 1st amendment, the 4th amendment, and now tariffs.  He's being liberal more and more and meanwhile he continues to have people bail on him with the most recent being Hicks and there is talk of McMaster.  Really, things are quite a mess and I don't see a whole lot of 'wining' going on.

Trump is perhaps becoming 'unhinged'?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 02:02:01 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ArneFufkin

Good grief. 

Man, this forum is getting Libtard stupid.

Offline Victoria33

Trump's actions are becoming more concerning; he's taken a liberal step on amnesty, the 2nd amendment, the 1st amendment, the 4th amendment, and now tariffs.  He's being liberal more and more and meanwhile he continues to have people bail on him with the most recent being Hicks and there is talk of McMaster.  Really, things are quite a mess and I don't see a whole lot of 'wining' going on.
Trump is perhaps becoming 'unhinged'?
@libertybele

Yes.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

@Wingnut

Yeah. That is a surprise isn't it? Looks like someone somewhere finally broke open a thesaurus and looked up a different word for 'furious'.

I'm telling you straight, in the two months of this year so far there has been well over a hundred headlines with the word 'furious' in them. And it was always Trump or someone/anyone on his staff who was 'furious'. Obviously the MSM was working in concert with each other trying to get that 'furious' label to stick.

But because of Trump's jovial, self-deprecating nature, it went nowhere. I guess they're turning to the 'unhinged' meme now. We shall see.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 04:28:48 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Trump didn't 'Start a Trade War' with the TPP.

It was such a one sided giveaway from us it amounted to a war we'd already lost, and had unconditionally surrendered in.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline montanajoe

It was such a one sided giveaway from us it amounted to a war we'd already lost, and had unconditionally surrendered in.

You guys are running on empty in defending your orange god..

"Losing" through free trade has put more money in the pockets of the average guy on the street than the recently enacted tax "reform" MAGA :silly:

Offline kevindavis007

So basically not buying stuff that is made in the USA expensive is not winning? How about letting me decide how to SPEND MY MONEY!! That is winning.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

• Wulf Anson Author
@montanajoe @kevindavis

Post the pics for me of all those Chevy, Ford, and Dodge/Chrysler cars and trucks in the streets in Japan and China.

Then download the US Trade Representative Reports explaining Why we are allowed to export just about Nothing into Japan and China, by Japanese and Chinese Govt regulations and edicts.

It's not even trade. It's a one way street. We buy Their stuff, and they tell us to go Stuff our Stuff.

You 2 can do better than this.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

• Wulf Anson Author
And while we're at it, are either of you 2 OK with Govt boards and regulators picking and choosing Which parts of Which Amendments in the Bill of Rights are OK and which are not?

Because the entire Constitution works that way.

You can't pick and choose which parts of it you Want to use and blow off the others.

It is Not a smorgasbord.

Congress Does have the authority to impose imposts and excises.

• Wulf Anson Author

So basically not buying stuff that is made in the USA expensive is not winning? How about letting me decide how to SPEND MY MONEY!! That is winning.

China despises us.

It's not just your money you're spending.

It is the cost of maintaining NAVY Aircraft Carrier Battle Groups in the South China Sea.

It is the cost of Intel on what they're up to.

Without Our money to buy Their stuff Communist China falls apart and is no longer a military threat to the entire world.

Think about those costs the next time you buy 'cheap' imported goods from a Communist Dictatorship.

But we don't Want manufacturing jobs back here because Robots, . . . or something.

Figure in the costs of supporting the Welfare handouts/Entitlements to huge swaths of America, . . . . because, . . . . Robots, . . . . or something in 10 years.

There is Nothing 'cheap' about Cheap Imported Goods from China, Or Japan.

Entitlement programs because we don't have full employment. But that's cool, Right?

$20 Trillion in Debt.