Author Topic: NRA official after meeting: Trump supports 'strong due process'  (Read 309 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NRA official after meeting: Trump supports 'strong due process'
By John Bowden - 03/01/18 10:12 PM EST

A top official with the National Rifle Association's lobbying arm, the NRA-ILA, said Thursday following an Oval Office meeting with President Trump and Vice President Pence that the pair "don't want gun control."

In a tweet, NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris Cox also defended Trump as supporting "strong due process" a day after the president raised eyebrows among gun rights advocates with his call to "take the guns first, go through due process second."

"I had a great meeting tonight with @realDonaldTrump & @VP. We all want safe schools, mental health reform and to keep guns away from dangerous people. POTUS & VPOTUS support the Second Amendment, support strong due process and don’t want gun control," Cox tweeted Thursday night.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/376393-nra-official-great-meeting-with-trump-and-pence-who-dont-want
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goodwithagun

Re: NRA official after meeting: Trump supports 'strong due process'
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 07:32:46 pm »
I don't want to hear it from somebody's mother's cousin's best friend's great auntie. I want to hear it from Lord Orange.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 07:39:53 pm »
I don't want to hear it from somebody's mother's cousin's best friend's great auntie. I want to hear it from Lord Orange.

:thumbsup:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 02:29:33 am »

Exactly. Kelly Ann Conway is always coming out and stating what Trump mean to say and now we have the NRA stating his positions on a couple of key issues.  IF indeed this is what Trump meant to say or how he stands on an issue, then he needs to say what he means.  So far out of Trump's mouth we've heard that he's for amensty, against the 2A and against due process.  If that's not what he meant to say, then he's a very poor communicator!  The truth is he continues to backpedal.  His liberal background is really starting to shine through.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.