Author Topic: GOP senators to Trump: Lay off Jeff Sessions  (Read 888 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP senators to Trump: Lay off Jeff Sessions
« on: March 02, 2018, 01:25:58 pm »
GOP senators to Trump: Lay off Jeff Sessions
by Al Weaver | Mar 2, 2018, 12:01 AM

Republican senators believe President Trump should leave Attorney General Jeff Sessions alone and still have confidence in him despite the president's constant barbs over Twitter.

"I think what he says about the attorney general is inappropriate," said Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C. "I do believe a special counsel is the best way to go when it comes to looking at DOJ, FBI problems with the FISA warrant process, but Jeff Sessions can't do the things that President Trump is urging him to do because he's recused himself and I think it's inappropriate for the president to criticize him."

Trump this week slammed Sessions for asking the Justice Department's Office of Inspector General to investigate alleged abuses of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act by the Obama administration and said department lawyers should do that work instead so they can act on it immediately.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/gop-senators-to-trump-lay-off-jeff-sessions/article/2650509
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: GOP senators to Trump: Lay off Jeff Sessions
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 01:40:37 pm »
Let's say that I hire a female travelling salesperson. She is expected to be on the road most of the time visiting clients and making sales. Now let's say that this applicant hid the fact that she was several months pregnant. After a couple of weeks she tells me that she is in no condition to travel.

So, should I pay her for doing nothing? Or should I replace her with someone who can travel?

If Jeff Sessions is unable to fulfill his role as AG, regardless of what the reason is, he should resign and get out of the way. Then someone else can be brought in who can do the job. As it is, he is a useless mannequin who is nesting on a job which he admittedly cannot do.

Sessions has to go. He should have never taken the job to begin with, and Trump made a huge mistake in choosing this slippery weasel to be the AG.

Image result for sgt schultz i know nothing
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 01:41:16 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 02:00:45 pm »
"I do believe a special counsel is the best way to go when it comes to looking at DOJ, FBI problems with the FISA warrant process, but Jeff Sessions can't do the things that President Trump is urging him to do because he's recused himself and I think it's inappropriate for the president to criticize him."

Lindsey had his hands on his hips when he said this.  After he was done, he crossed his arms, turned, and stomped off.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 05:50:39 pm »
Trump made a huge mistake in choosing this slippery weasel to be the AG.

You need to get over the election snowflake. :laugh:

I'm just kidding.  I can't resist an easy joke sometimes.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 06:02:28 pm »
Graham can at least wait until McCain's body is cold before he slides into his spot in front of the microphone.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 06:16:32 pm »
Graham can at least wait until McCain's body is cold before he slides into his spot in front of the microphone.

How does McCain seem to show up in every thread?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 06:20:39 pm »
How does McCain seem to show up in every thread?

My way of paying respects.

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 06:24:44 pm »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 03:09:06 am »
Good grief; the one thing that Trump is doing right lately is questioning Sessions!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2018, 03:50:15 am »
Good grief; the one thing that Trump is doing right lately is questioning Sessions!

Demonstrate to me a single time when Trump's judgement - policy wise or legislatively wise - wasn't completely achieved successfully other than When a SINGLE - likely brain damaged and retribution obsessed - United States Senator backstabbed him with a thumbs down after assuring him it was a thumbs up.

McCain needs to die with that betrayal on his slate.  Methinks that is the least of the betrayals he'll need to account for.

Other than that ACA betrayal by McCain, Trump has won.  I won't go into it all, because you don't seem to have a big picture of what has transpired this past 14 months.

Sessions is fine as long as Trump thinks he is. 

Look, the Deep State has DEMONSTRABLY plotted and criminally acted to keep Trump from victory and conduct his vital duties.  That's a hard onslaught to overcome, it takes time.

Let's be patient, okay?   

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2018, 03:55:46 pm »
Cracks in the protect Sessions wall are beginning ...

GOP Rep. Gaetz: ‘If Jeff Sessions Does Not Appoint a Second Special Counsel, Then We Need a New Attorney General’
Breitbart, Mar 2, 2018, Jeff Poor

Friday on Fox News Channel’s “Hannity,” Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) told fill-in host Jeanine Pirro that if Attorney General Jeff Sessions declines to appoint a second special counsel to investigate wrongdoing within his Department of Justice, then he should be removed from that post.

According to Gaetz, an Inspector General’s report would be insufficient given the report doesn’t necessarily mean charges would be brought by the Justice Department against wrongdoers.

“If Jeff Sessions does not appoint a second special counsel, then we need a new Attorney General, judge,” he said. “Because you’re right — even if we learn more horrifying things from the Inspector General, we can’t actually prosecute somebody for those things because we would need somebody to be able to bring that case. And the Department of Justice and FBI obviously won’t be bringing a case against themselves. So, Jeff Sessions needs to get rid of this mindset that is a dereliction of duty, and he needs to do what Congress has called for and appoint a second special counsel to get to the bottom of this.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/03/02/gop-rep-gaetz-jeff-sessions-not-appoint-second-special-counsel-need-new-attorney-general/

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2018, 04:12:18 pm »
If someone can tell me what the difference is between Sessions and Holder/Lynch I would be impressed.

Yes. I get that Sessions hates pot and MS13. Fine. But in terms of his office he is behaving in an identical way that the Obama administration was.

I mean this seriously. Sessions would have been a perfect fit for Obama. He is just like them.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2018, 04:15:25 pm »
I thought this article was going to be about Jeff Sessions being fired.