Author Topic: THE GENERATION GAP IN AMERICAN POLITICS  (Read 333 times)

Offline Suppressed

THE GENERATION GAP IN AMERICAN POLITICS
« on: March 02, 2018, 04:24:28 am »
MARCH 1, 2018
THE GENERATION GAP IN AMERICAN POLITICS
http://www.people-press.org/2018/03/01/1-generations-party-identification-midterm-voting-preferences-views-of-trump/

1. Generations’ party identification, midterm voting preferences, views of Trump

Millennial voters continue to have the highest proportion of independents of any generation. But when their partisan leanings are taken into account, they also are the most Democratic generation.

More than four-in-ten Millennial registered voters (44%) describe themselves as independents, compared with 39% of Gen Xers and smaller proportions of Boomers (32%) and Silents (27%).

However, a majority of Millennials (59%) affiliate with the Democratic Party (35%) or lean Democratic (24%). Just 32% identify as Republicans or lean toward the GOP.

[...]

Complete report (PDF): http://assets.pewresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2018/03/01122435/03-01-18-Generations-release.pdf
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Re: THE GENERATION GAP IN AMERICAN POLITICS
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 04:26:43 am »
Basically, Millennials (and other generations except Silent Generation, but especially Millennials) are moving more and more to the Democrat side, are eager to vote in the midterm elections, and hate Trump.

Their breakdown:
Millennials as those born between 1981 and 1996
Gen X as those born between 1965 and 1980
Baby Boom generation as those born between 1946 and 1965
Silent Generation as those born between 1928 and 1945.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 04:29:02 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 09:45:11 am »
Thank G-d they don't vote.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 12:28:56 pm »
Thank G-d they don't vote.

The ones I come in contact with are barely able to function in the real world.  If their IQ's were any lower someone would have to water them twice a day.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."