Author Topic: Exclusive: FBI counterintel investigating Ivanka Trump business deal  (Read 431 times)

Offline Suppressed

Exclusive: FBI counterintel investigating Ivanka Trump business deal
By Sara Murray, Shimon Prokupecz and Kara Scannell, CNN
Updated 6:45 PM ET, Thu March 1, 2018
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/01/politics/ivanka-trump-fbi-investigation/index.html

(CNN) -- US counterintelligence officials are scrutinizing one of Ivanka Trump's international business deals, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

The FBI has been looking into the negotiations and financing surrounding Trump International Hotel and Tower in Vancouver, according to a US official and a former US official. The scrutiny could be a hurdle for the first daughter as she tries to obtain a full security clearance in her role as adviser to President Donald Trump.

It's standard procedure to probe foreign contacts and international business deals as part of a background check investigation. But the complexity of the Trump Organization's business deals, which often rely on international financing and buyers, presents a challenge.

The FBI has been looking closely at the international business entanglements of both Ivanka Trump and her husband, Jared Kushner, to determine whether any of those deals could leave them vulnerable to pressure from foreign agents, including China, according to a US official.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Exclusive: FBI counterintel investigating Ivanka Trump business deal
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 04:25:25 am »
Nepotism can bite you in the butt.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 04:54:15 am »
The FBI has been looking into the negotiations and financing surrounding Trump International Hotel and Tower in Vancouver, according to a US official and a former US official. The scrutiny could be a hurdle for the first daughter as she tries to obtain a full security clearance in her role as adviser to President Donald Trump.

Her clearance seems to be going just fine.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 04:58:56 am »
   I'd be pizzed if these two were getting 'sweetheart deals'.  JS

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 05:05:36 am »
   I'd be pizzed if these two were getting 'sweetheart deals'.  JS

Do you know they are not? Uranium One enriched a lot of people a few years ago.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 05:07:26 am »
It's standard procedure to probe foreign contacts and international business deals as part of a background check investigation. But the complexity of the Trump Organization's business deals, which often rely on international financing and buyers, presents a challenge.

Which means the corrupt FBI is not used to doing stuff beyond giving green light to Deep State filth who never did anything outside of a govt' paycheck.

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 05:16:55 am »
   In all fairness @Frank I wouldn't give a $hit if the Bush Daughters were selling prophylactics in Africa with the Bush Logo on them with OUR Tax dollars, all this winning is making me tired.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 09:16:22 am »

Which means the corrupt FBI is not used to doing stuff beyond giving green light to Deep State filth who never did anything outside of a govt' paycheck.
@Frank Cannon

I know it has only been a little more than a year, but I'm a little disappointed in the people President Trump has appointed to investigate Obama/Hillary's corruption in Washington DC.  Instead of investigating our enemy the FBI, and DoJ seem hell bent on destroying, without provocation, our beloved leader.  Why do these forces keep us down?