Author Topic: President Trump Asks Dianne Feinstein to Add ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban to School Safety Bill  (Read 2277 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
So it grandfathers.  There will be a serious run on AR-15s now.

After the AWB in the 80s, Vietnam surplus M16s which were grandfathered in and transferable went from selling for under $100 to today, selling for $25,000.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
After the AWB in the 80s, Vietnam surplus M16s which were grandfathered in and transferable went from selling for under $100 to today, selling for $25,000.

I have a friend who got in on that.  The tax was more than the rifle, and he can get $25,000 for it now.  It's not even pristine.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

So it grandfathers.  There will be a serious run on AR-15s now.

So what do people in the know recommend for an economical one?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline GrouchoTex

Trump saltó al tiburón.

It appears to be the case.

Offline ABX

So what do people in the know recommend for an economical one?

I have a couple of Mossberg MMRs which are a great, low cost option from a company known for quality. Those are the ones I actually take out hunting versus collect dust. I also have a Daniel Defense and Colt which both make some nice premium ones. I even have a Red Jacket from back when they were in business. Avoid Tarus, Jennings, ETA, Raven, and other off brands.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 07:46:29 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline ABX

Offline libertybele

So, let's say hypothetically I have one or more of those weapons listed, just for conversation sake, what then?  Would I hypothetically be expected to hand them over??

As for the bill having a chance of being passed, IMHO, I think we may be in for a shocker as I forsee major legislation being imposed.  This isn't going away this time.  The NRA and other pro gun groups are fighting like heck, but a lot of big donors and corporations are pulling support, canceling ad time, raising the age limit, canceling speaking engagements, and stopping sales. This is not good folks.

If there are any Trumpsters that want to weigh in on Trump's recent liberal 180 on the 2A and amnesty, I'd love to hear it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
If there are any Trumpsters that want to weigh in on Trump's recent liberal 180 on the 2A and amnesty, I'd love to hear it.

Everyone is getting carried away.  He just thought the bill was too bland and America wouldn’t swallow it, so he said ‘add salt to the weapons ban.’

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Everyone is getting carried away.  He just thought the bill was too bland and America wouldn’t swallow it, so he said ‘add salt to the weapons ban.’

I got me one of these...

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

I'm not quite sure the meaning that you are intending; but if you what you stated is to mean it as Trump not really meaning what he said about assault weapons and feel that this is just a ploy, or if Trump made the statement because he knows that an assault weapon ban will never fly.  Sorry, but I declare b.s.!

Trump is showing his true liberal colors. He's done so on amnesty and he's doing so on the 2A.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Suppressed

Still a good price at Cabelas. Probably one of the lowest price, quality brands.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/MOSSBERG-MMR-TACTICAL-RIFLE/1679169.uts?msclkid=8592e7817bcb1d982d70bd192365e263&ds_rl=1256283&gclid=COnQ1Pnxy9kCFe66swod_DMB3Q&gclsrc=ds

Interesting.  I don't see a price, nor the "yellow box" that tells how to get it, etc. 

Wow...did they just remove this one?  It's now not showing up on a search of "Mossberg MMR", either.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 08:35:50 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

I'm not quite sure the meaning that you are intending

Ask Cyber.  He understood.  In the meantime, get a lemon and tequila to go with the shaker and relax.

Offline libertybele

Ok, I'm gong to throw this out there, being the trusting individual that I am of our government.  Anyone starting to get the feeling that our government is behind some of the recent school shootings? 

For one, an individual contacted the FBI in regards to Cruz's statements intending a mass shooting.  Most people would contact their local police department or sherriff's office, not the FBI.  Secondly, the FBI, the sherriff's department, the school resource officer ALL did nothing.  Nothing!  I think this is all too conveniently coincidental.

I know that for our government to do such a thing would be absolutely horrific, but I'm reflecting back and thinking about some evidence that has arisen regarding Waco, Ruby Ridge, and the Oklahoma city bombing and the documentaries put out about 9-11 that would seem to point fingers at government entities.

If Hillary can get away with the murder of 4 Americans in Benghazi with the entire DOJ, State Department, and the President looking the other way, I say anything is possible.

There should be absolutely no doubt that the only way to ultimately control the American populace is to disarm us.

Offline ABX

Interesting.  I don't see a price, nor the "yellow box" that tells how to get it, etc. 

Wow...did they just remove this one?  It's now not showing up on a search of "Mossberg MMR", either.

Interesting. It shows $689 for me, available in-store only. Maybe it is cookie controlled for location.

Offline ABX

Ok, I'm gong to throw this out there, being the trusting individual that I am of our government.  Anyone starting to get the feeling that our government is behind some of the recent school shootings? 

For one, an individual contacted the FBI in regards to Cruz's statements intending a mass shooting.  Most people would contact their local police department or sherriff's office, not the FBI.  Secondly, the FBI, the sherriff's department, the school resource officer ALL did nothing.  Nothing!  I think this is all too conveniently coincidental.

I know that for our government to do such a thing would be absolutely horrific, but I'm reflecting back and thinking about some evidence that has arisen regarding Waco, Ruby Ridge, and the Oklahoma city bombing and the documentaries put out about 9-11 that would seem to point fingers at government entities.

If Hillary can get away with the murder of 4 Americans in Benghazi with the entire DOJ, State Department, and the President looking the other way, I say anything is possible.

There should be absolutely no doubt that the only way to ultimately control the American populace is to disarm us.

Never attribute to conspiracy what can easily be explained by incompetence.

They don't need to fake something like this or set it up, that's too risky. Just wait for something to happen and not let the crisis to go waste.

Offline edpc

No and the entire notion of false flags on the subject grates me.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 08:53:12 pm by edpc »

Offline ABX

No and the entire notion of false flags on the subject grates me.

Ditto, the only false flag i believe in, is that Alex Jones is really Bill Hicks doing an act.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

They don't need to fake something like this or set it up, that's too risky. Just wait for something to happen and not let the crisis to go waste.

@AbaraXas
The only thing a bureaucracy cares about is the bureaucracy.   If they can grow their budgets then they are all for it.

I do believe Soros is capable of killing people.  So he may have folks on payroll that are out looking for borderline people which can be motivated.   Not a sure thing but they work the odds.  Then Soros has the money and organization to take advantage of the chaos.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline GrouchoTex

I got me one of these...

I actually got one of those for Christmas.
When I first saw that ad on TV for it, I thought it was a joke.

Offline musiclady

Zero chance of going through, and I should think that Trump knows that.

Why do you think he knows that?

Has he proven that he knows anything about how things actually work?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

I'm not quite sure the meaning that you are intending; but if you what you stated is to mean it as Trump not really meaning what he said about assault weapons and feel that this is just a ploy, or if Trump made the statement because he knows that an assault weapon ban will never fly.  Sorry, but I declare b.s.!

Trump is showing his true liberal colors. He's done so on amnesty and he's doing so on the 2A.

They are two issues on which we know where he stood well before the election.

Only people decided to ignore who he was and pretend he was something that he wasn't.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

I'd much rather believe that this is all due to gross incompetency.

Offline edpc

Yes.  Congress brings him bills on things they want government to control and he signs them.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 10:37:45 pm by edpc »

Offline libertybele

Definitely not.  Running a Republic is NOT like running a corporation.  Most of us knew that and even Trump himself admitted that being president was more difficult than he anticipated.

"I love my previous life. I had so many things going. This is more work than in my previous life," Trump said. "I thought it would be easier. I thought it was more of a . . . I'm a details-oriented person. I think you'd say that, but I do miss my old life. I like to work so that's not a problem but this is actually more work."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-us-president-harder-than-thought-white-house-first-100-days-legislation-healthcare-a7708166.html

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I actually got one of those for Christmas.
When I first saw that ad on TV for it, I thought it was a joke.

I thought it was, too, then I looked up the website.  It's actually quite amazing.
I will NOT comply.