Author Topic: Student at school where teacher fired gun: I dare you to tell me arming teachers makes us safer  (Read 999 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
A student at the Georgia high school where a teacher fired a gun earlier this week is arguing against President Trump's proposal to arm teachers.

Chondi Chastain, a 16-year-old student at Dalton High School in Georgia, tweeted Wednesday at the National Rifle Association (NRA) after a teacher at her school locked himself in his classroom and fired a gun.

"my favorite teacher at Dalton high school just blockaded his door and proceeded to shoot," a 16-year-old student named Chondi Chastain tweeted at the NRA, the Los Angeles Times reported.

[excerpted]
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/student-at-school-where-teacher-fired-gun-i-dare-you-to-tell-me-arming-teachers-makes-us-safer/ar-BBJKCSE

Doesn't say much about her discernment if this was her "favorite" teacher...so in turn, her view on this topic is mute.  It's obvious to most of us that background checks are part of the equation.  I believe, that based on this guys history, he most likely wouldn't have been selected as one to be armed in school.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline thackney

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-cops-dealt-before-with-lockdown-causing-dalton-georgia-teacher-jesse-randal-davidson-dalton-high-school/

...A year ago, an officer was told that Jesse Randal Davidson was missing, according to WDEF. He told a supervisor  he wasn't feeling well and walked out.

Davidson was found walking on a local street, but the officer couldn't get any information from him about what had happened.

In 2016, police responded to a call from Davidson himself. He said he wanted to confess to having had a woman killed.

But after hearing what police considered fanciful details of the incident, they concluded that he was delusional.

"Mr. Davidson did state that he was on several different medications for depression and had only just gotten out of the hospital today," police said at the time....

And the school kept him as a teacher.  Once again, the problem isn't the gun.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Absolutely. The more you read about this nutball, the more you can tell he was a raving lunatic. How he kept his job as a teacher is true mystery.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Stevensr123

However it does tell you arming teachers is a stupid idea.

Giving a person in such a high stressed job, the ability to just carry a gun as their whim near children? absolutely silly.

Their are already hundreds of videos of teachers snapping at some point at students, what will happen if that teacher has a gun on him and snaps?

leave the teachers to teach, its what they are hired to do. and leave the protecting to the law enforcement.

Multiple Armed guards at every single school, metal detectors etc yes. but all arming schools will do is create a situation  (and it will happen at some point) which will in the end give more blame towards the republicans (long term).

Offline thackney

Giving a person in such a high stressed job, the ability to just carry a gun as their whim near children? absolutely silly.

Their are already hundreds of videos of teachers snapping at some point at students, what will happen if that teacher has a gun on him and snaps?

leave the teachers to teach, its what they are hired to do. and leave the protecting to the law enforcement.

Multiple Armed guards at every single school, metal detectors etc yes. but all arming schools will do is create a situation  (and it will happen at some point) which will in the end give more blame towards the republicans (long term).

You can point to lunatics in the armed security work as well.

I don't think any reasonable persons is claiming EVERY teacher should be armed.

But there should be staff at the schools that are armed.  And not all of those armed should be obvious as you walk up.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline goatprairie

The argument against arming teachers is specious. If a teacher wants to kill students, there's nothing stopping them now from coming to school with a gun and start shooting like Cruz did.
Once again liberals are held sway by the "evil gun" syndrome. That is merely placing a gun in some innocent person's hands will turn the otherwise lamblike person into a homicidal maniac.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker

@Elderberry

LOL!   :silly: :silly: :silly:

Double edged sword to be sure!  Well played sir, well played.

Offline montanajoe

I've seen a bunch of these threads here and on other sites...and  all I see is so called conservatives making fools of themselves...arguing with a high school kid..give me a break... :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

What do you expect from a guy that resembles Tad Cummings?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 12:27:07 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

As if they don't already have those things.

If these union hacks had to compete for a job in the private sector, they'd be shocked to see how little their skills are really worth.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I've seen a bunch of these threads here and on other sites...and  all I see is so called conservatives making fools of themselves...arguing with a high school kid..give me a break... :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
Which is exactly why the left is propping up these high schoolers as pawns.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
@montanajoe
Just how am I "arguing with a high school kid" in this instance?  The female in question is an absolute, ignorant ass dope.  And my rebuttal, using sarcasm and snark in response to her woefully uninformed, completely ignorant perspective, is considered "making a fool" of myself?  Piss off Joe, she's earned this.  Not going to abide her idiotic position.  He was afterall, her "favorite teacher".

Offline verga

@Stevensr123 And there are videos of Police officers "snapping" as well. Are you going to argue that they should not be armed as well. What is to prevent one of the "multiple armed guards" you suggest form also "snapping" and killing students and faculty?
Another problem with armed guards is that they are too visible. If someone is bent on shooting up a school those would be the first to be taken out and potentially giving the assailant additional weapons.
It is better to have volunteers to have been evaluated, trained, and undergone a through background check including fingerprinting carrying concealed.
I will tell you that at my school there are several of us including myself, that have improvised weapons at our disposal, and are willing to use them to defend our students.
Two years ago we had a code yellow at my school and some of our students were quite amazed at the cool and calm way that we armed ourselves and got them into a secure position.
The incident involved a man that had shot/wounded his wife and was fleeing the police. He led them on a chase in the neighborhood of my school and fortunately the situation was resolved with no other shots being fired and the man being taken into custody. 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.