Author Topic: Trey Gowdy wants Ben Carson to answer for lavish spending controversy  (Read 500 times)

Online corbe

Trey Gowdy wants Ben Carson to answer for lavish spending controversy

by Diana Stancy Correll | Feb 28, 2018, 7:22 PM

Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., is demanding answers from Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson about allegations of lavish spending furniture for his office and retaliation against an agency employee.

The chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee sent a letter to Carson on Wednesday in response to a complaint filed with the Office of Special Counsel by Helen Foster, a HUD employee who claimed she was ousted from her position and then transferred because she refused to find a way to go above the spending cap to redecorate Carson’s office with the purchase of an approximately $31,000 dining-room set late last year.

The letter requests that Carson provide all documents and communications pertaining to Foster and the redecoration of Carson’s office, among other items.

<..snip..>

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trey-gowdy-wants-ben-carson-to-answer-for-lavish-spending-controversy/article/2650348
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Trey Gowdy wants Ben Carson to answer for lavish spending controversy
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 03:43:02 am »
FFS.  STFU Trey.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 03:45:20 am »
Obviously Trey is a racist POS.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 03:49:45 am »
Obviously Trey is a racist POS.

BTW, I pretty sure I have a picture of me as a baby sitting at that same awesome dining set you posted a pic of last night.

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 03:59:44 am »
    Trump will be in violation of applicable Affirmative Action quotas if he has to fire ol' Ben.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 04:02:03 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 06:02:15 am »
BTW, I pretty sure I have a picture of me as a baby sitting at that same awesome dining set you posted a pic of last night.

So do I.  Mine came with this silly 500 foot rule.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 06:16:04 am »

@RoosGirl .... Rich kid. We sat on a loading dock outside the Chinese Restaurant eating out of the dumpster. We were not poor. My dad was just cheap.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler