Author Topic: Trump peace plan could recognize Palestinian state  (Read 508 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Trump peace plan could recognize Palestinian state
« on: March 01, 2018, 01:46:06 am »
The Trump administration’s plan for peace in the Middle East may include US and international recognition of a Palestinian state and acceptance of East Jerusalem as its capital, the London-based Saudi newspaper Asharq al-Awsat reported on Wednesday....

https://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-peace-plan-would-recognize-palestinian-state-report/

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump peace plan could recognize Palestinian state
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 02:01:28 am »
So, when Sarah Sanders says Kushner will continue with his important work, despite the change and security level, this is the kind of stuff she is talking about.

The State Department expects President Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner to continue his work on a peace plan for the Middle East even after losing his top-secret security clearance, a spokeswoman said Wednesday.

"In terms of security clearances, that's something I can't comment on from this position at the State Department," Heather Nauert said on "America's Newsroom" on Fox News. "But overall, I can tell you that the State Department works very closely with Mr. Kushner and others at the White House to advance one of the president's top priorities, and that is Middle East peace."

"That's a top priority for us and we expect Mr. Kushner to continue his work on that," she added. "It's something very important to the president."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/376046-state-dept-expects-kushner-to-continue-work-on-middle-east-peace

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 02:03:28 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 02:03:23 am »
“knowledgeable Arab diplomatic sources"

LOL

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 03:37:40 am »
Michigan?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 04:41:38 am »
In other words they are getting ready to split up Gods land.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 11:08:30 am »
The Trump administration’s plan for peace in the Middle East may include US and international recognition of a Palestinian state and acceptance of East Jerusalem as its capital, the London-based Saudi newspaper Asharq al-Awsat reported on Wednesday....
That ought to fix it.  Another huge Trump victory in the making.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 12:53:32 pm »
The Trump administration’s plan for peace in the Middle East may include US and international recognition of a Palestinian state and acceptance of East Jerusalem as its capital, the London-based Saudi newspaper Asharq al-Awsat reported on Wednesday.

The plan, the report said, calls for placing the Old City of Jerusalem under “international protection.”

The report quoted “knowledgeable Arab diplomatic sources” in Paris as saying that the US is planning to present its plan in the framework of an international conference that would be held in one of the Arab capitals, most likely Cairo, with Israelis in attendance.   However, the sources did not say when the US administration would come out with its plan, the details of which remain under wraps.

<snip>

According to Wednesday’s report, the US plan requires the Palestinians to give up their demand for “right of return” for Palestinian refugees and their descendants to their former homes inside Israel.

In addition, large settlements would remain in place, while small ones would be “relocated,” the report said.

The US plan also calls for expanding the PA’s security and administrative authorities in areas A and B of the West Bank, the report added.

[url=https://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-peace-plan-would-recognize-palestinian-state-report/]https://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-peace-plan-would-recognize-palestinian-state-report/
[/url]

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 12:58:46 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 01:07:35 pm »
expanding the PA’s security and administrative authorities in areas A and B of the West Bank

Area A is exclusively administered by the Palestinian Authority; Area B is administered by both the Palestinian Authority and Israel. 

The proposed change would give the PA exclusive administration of Area B, in addition to Area A.

(Area C of the West Bank contains Israeli settlements under Israeli administration, with no proposed change.)

Offline edpc

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 01:39:46 pm »

Area A is exclusively administered by the Palestinian Authority; Area B is administered by both the Palestinian Authority and Israel. 

The proposed change would give the PA exclusive administration of Area B, in addition to Area A.

(Area C of the West Bank contains Israeli settlements under Israeli administration, with no proposed change.)

None of this is relevant.  The chance for a Two State Solution was forfeited by 'Palestinians' in 1948, when they chose war over coexistence.  There were two other wars fought in 1967 and '73.  Arab nations lost again.  Three time losers get nothing and like it.

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 01:49:02 pm »

None of this is relevant.  The chance for a Two State Solution was forfeited by 'Palestinians' in 1948, when they chose war over coexistence.  There were two other wars fought in 1967 and '73.  Arab nations lost again.  Three time losers get nothing and like it.

A two-state solution is viable ... and will be supported by the Arab nations in the region who would like to see this ongoing mess settled. 

Offline edpc

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2018, 02:02:47 pm »
A two-state solution is viable ... and will be supported by the Arab nations in the region who would like to see this ongoing mess settled.

Perhaps they shouldn't have initiated three wars and multiple smaller conflicts and lost.  TFB for what they want.  Jordan and Egypt saw the light and signed peace accords with Israel.  Lebanon and Syria can't really be considered anything other than Iranian proxies anymore.  They can get stuffed.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2018, 02:27:49 pm »
The Arabs who call themselves "Palestinians" had their chance in 1948...they chose war.

They chose poorly.  Their current situation is completely of their own doing and Israel shouldn't be punished for someone else's stupidity.  And it's foolish and really shows a political...historical and geographical shortsightedness on the part of anyone who believes this mythical "two state solution" will bring peace to a region that doesn't even admit Israel exists.

They just need to be absorbed back into the Arab countries from which they originated.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2018, 02:31:03 pm »

Clinton and Ehud Barak in 2000 gave that smarmy Egyptian electrical engineer running the PLO everything he wanted...his own state...the 1967 borders...money...the works at Camp David and he walked away from it.

He proved right there that the Counterfeit Arabs were never interested in peace.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 02:31:24 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2018, 02:54:07 pm »
I think I've figure out the Trump Doctrine, if this is true. 

It consists of every "common sense" hairbrained idea you can pick up from the barflies of any small town who have no understandings of history, broader pictures, or consequences.

I suppose I just defined "Populism".
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2018, 03:05:46 pm »
I think I've figure out the Trump Doctrine, if this is true. 

It consists of every "common sense" hairbrained idea you can pick up from the barflies of any small town who have no understandings of history, broader pictures, or consequences.

I suppose I just defined "Populism".

Twitter Populism- ruled by memes, conspiracies, clickbait and tabloid headlines, and knee jerk reactions.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2018, 03:46:09 pm »

I don't think so.  They use the Palis much like China uses NK.

Offline edpc

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2018, 04:21:24 pm »

Besides, this process is no longer in Arab control.  Iran has expanded its influence in the region.  They are actively building military bases and missile storage facilities in Syria – probably Lebanon, as well. All they are looking for is a closer staging area. Remember all the arms shipments being sent into Gaza?  You can’t allow these guys to be on the threshold of Jerusalem.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 04:22:03 pm by edpc »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2018, 04:22:14 pm »

Just like Mitch & his merry band of RINOs  used repealing Obamacare for 3-4 election cycles.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2018, 04:23:49 pm »
Just like Mitch & his merry band of RINOs  used repealing Obamacare for 3-4 election cycles.

****drummer