Author Topic: More Trump Gun Betrayal: “Take The Guns First”  (Read 390 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
More Trump Gun Betrayal: “Take The Guns First”
« on: February 28, 2018, 11:19:22 pm »
By Susan Wright
https://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2018/02/28/trump-gun-betrayal-take-guns-first/

. . . Trump’s devotees, on the one hand, have held Trump up to be the virtuous icon of all things conservative, rightwing, and constitutional – like the Second Amendment and the rights of gun owners.

On the other hand, rabid leftwing nuts have labeled Trump the scourge of decent and rational humanity – a barbarian, who doesn’t care if children are shot in schools or in their homes.

And standing off to the side are actual, principled conservatives, who knew that a liberal, lifelong con artist with absolutely no mooring in any sort of principle or decency could be trusted to live up to the cult-like standards of his base.

And we’re laughing our heads off.

As Caleb Howe pointed out earlier, Trump revealed his true nature today, when he took up the Democrat talking point regarding the NRA and accused Republican members of Congress today of “being afraid” of the NRA . . .

. . . [T]his is what should have clear-headed, true patriots clutching their pocket Constitutions a little tighter tonight:

“I like taking the guns early like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida … to go to court would have taken a
long time,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence.

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.

Due process second . . .
(Bold in the original---EA.)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline roamer_1

Re: More Trump Gun Betrayal: “Take The Guns First”
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 11:54:53 pm »
Quote from: the OP
And standing off to the side are actual, principled conservatives, who knew that a liberal, lifelong con artist with absolutely no mooring in any sort of principle or decency could be trusted to live up to the cult-like standards of his base.

My 'I tolja so' is worn clean out.
And no, I ain't laughing.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 12:04:01 am »
Red State spin, Red State is firmly in the NeverTrump camp so they spin everything Trump does
as a betrayal of conservatives. Yawn, groups like Red State will hand the country over to the Marxist
so long as it serves their NeverTrump agenda.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 12:04:45 am »
More Trump Gun Betrayal

"More" says that Trump has grabbed guns in the past. This fat ugly pig Susan Wright, whose preferred candidate in the last Presidential election is low grade pile of Commie shit, cites nowhere in her retarded screed where Trump has done anything but make a few statements today about the NRA. I can still buy the same guns I could 2 years ago. I can still buy the same ammo I could 2 years ago. Nothing has changed.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 12:05:09 am »
Will the liberals love him now that he has betrayed the 2nd Amendment, and the people who voted for him?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 12:07:38 am »
Red State spin, Red State is firmly in the NeverTrump camp so they spin everything Trump does
as a betrayal of conservatives. Yawn, groups like Red State will hand the country over to the Marxist
so long as it serves their NeverTrump agenda.
@jpsb
They have writers who are pro-Donaldus Minimus but criticise when he deserves it (as he does often enough), and writers who have no use for him but can and do credit him when he deserves credit (as he does a little less often than people might like or prefer to believe). Which you might discover if you actually read what their writers write and not presume that every demurral from his writ equals a desire to hand the country over to the Marxist.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 12:14:53 am »
Will the liberals love him now that he has betrayed the 2nd Amendment, and the people who voted for him?
@musiclady
This is the article the writer in my OP cited:

Betrayed: In Gun Meeting, Trump Says Republicans Are Afraid Of The NRA

. . . and this is the video:

Trump: Republicans Are Afraid of the NRA

! No longer available

Offline jpsb

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 12:21:14 am »
@jpsb
They have writers who are pro-Donaldus Minimus but criticise when he deserves it (as he does often enough), and writers who have no use for him but can and do credit him when he deserves credit (as he does a little less often than people might like or prefer to believe). Which you might discover if you actually read what their writers write and not presume that every demurral from his writ equals a desire to hand the country over to the Marxist.

Perhaps, I will never know cause just like DU I will never knowingly hit a link to their site. They are
filth as far as I am concerned.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 01:48:26 am »
More Trump Gun Betrayal

"More" says that Trump has grabbed guns in the past. This fat ugly pig Susan Wright, whose preferred candidate in the last Presidential election is low grade pile of Commie shit, cites nowhere in her retarded screed where Trump has done anything but make a few statements today about the NRA. I can still buy the same guns I could 2 years ago. I can still buy the same ammo I could 2 years ago. Nothing has changed.

There's only one fat, ugly pig here, and it's not the woman who wrote this article......

I don't know what your Mommy did to you to create such a disdain for women in your little psyche, Frank, but it doesn't make anyone look bad but you.....   *****rollingeyes*****

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 02:06:37 am »
There's only one fat, ugly pig here, and it's not the woman who wrote this article......

I don't know what your Mommy did to you to create such a disdain for women in your little psyche, Frank, but it doesn't make anyone look bad but you.....   *****rollingeyes*****
@musiclady
She must have forgotten to teach him to read, too. (A malady that seems common among a few people around here.) Susan Wright's preferred candidate was actually Rick Perry, who may be a lot of things but isn't exactly renowned for Communist inclinations. Then, after the Trump nomination was in the bank, she said she would switch to the Constitution Party. (Yes, as Casey Stengel once said, you could look it up---and I did.)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 02:08:50 am by EasyAce »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2018, 02:41:22 am »
@musiclady
She must have forgotten to teach him to read, too. (A malady that seems common among a few people around here.) Susan Wright's preferred candidate was actually Rick Perry, who may be a lot of things but isn't exactly renowned for Communist inclinations. Then, after the Trump nomination was in the bank, she said she would switch to the Constitution Party. (Yes, as Casey Stengel once said, you could look it up---and I did.)

I guess reading is not necessary when you get your kicks out of ignorantly belittling any woman who gets in the way of your Trumplove..... :shrug:

Clearly the facts don't matter to him, but I'm glad you posted them for the sake of the truth and the rest of us who are actually interested in knowing it.