Author Topic: Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'  (Read 12511 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'
« Reply #300 on: March 02, 2018, 03:20:07 am »
They just don't have the right to KEEP them. They can NOT keep them without a court order. Period.

Let's talk real world.

Do you know the rate at which citizens get their firearms properly returned to them?

I've worked in various law enforcement offices, including ranges and evidence/storage rooms.  I've seen everything from antique muskets up to recoilless rifles sitting there.  I've talked with multiple LEOs who've admitted that they make it very difficult for people to get their lawful arms back. 

My brother is a detective who is disgusted by how this is handled many times.  In fact, he's considering a run for sheriff next year and this is one thing we were just discussing last week that he'd like to reform.

Sure, in theory, it's great to let the government grab all the guns they want on a whim.  But in reality, we need to be MUCH more cautious than you seem to want, before grabbing someone's guns.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #301 on: March 02, 2018, 03:30:04 am »
I have a friend that tried to off himself with his lever action 30/30. This was 40 years ago,and his left arm is still a flipper. He had to get out of the hospital and off the pain pills to get his 30/30 back,but he still has it today,and he did NOT have to hire a lawyer. I just took him to the Sheriff's office and we asking him "when the hell is he going to get his rifle back?" after he got tired of asking the cop that responded to the shots fired call. He had it the next day.

And I'll take the reality of many over the anecdote of one.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #302 on: March 02, 2018, 03:30:44 am »

In other words, you're throwing out a stinking red herring, because Trump explicitly talked about taking guns without due process and then following up with due process...
...and now you're saying that all you're talking about is due process.

How about sticking to the topic?

This thread has wandered like a high-speed drill bit on a sheet of steel plate.  Wish I could knock it off my "Latest posts to me" page without going back and deleting all my post.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #303 on: March 02, 2018, 03:46:47 am »
@roamer_1

Are you turning into a drama queen,too? What,you think some shrink is going to declare you a mental basket case while you are at home minding your own business,and authorize the cops to go get  you?

Have  you ever heard of a class of people called "Judges"? Or another class called "Lawyers"? The "lawyer" people LOVE to sue the hell out of city,state,and federal agencies because that's where the deep pockets and bad lawyers live.

@sneakypete
Yeah... All you missed is doctors and you'd have pretty well hit every sort I don't care much for.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #304 on: March 02, 2018, 05:25:21 am »
@sneakypete

You said to me, "You also believe in Holy Spooks and all sorts of other foolish crap."

You are wasting "alphabet letters" and your "fingers" when you write such to me.  You should know by now I don't respond to personal attacks; I don't have word fights with posters.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #305 on: March 02, 2018, 06:30:35 am »

Sure, in theory, it's great to let the government grab all the guns they want on a whim.  But in reality, we need to be MUCH more cautious than you seem to want, before grabbing someone's guns.

@Suppressed

WHERE have I or anyone else wrote any such thing?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #306 on: March 02, 2018, 10:54:04 am »
@txradioguy

Are you REALLY so freaking dense you can't understand the difference between Hillary or Obomber and Trump? Both Bubbette! and Bathhouse Barry are life-long communists that have wanted the government to seize guns from citizens since they were teens.

Trump,on the other hand,owns guns,has a CCW permit in NYC,and has a personal history of being pro-gun.

What the HELL is the matter with you people? Are you so in love with the alleged Republican Party Usual Suspects for President that you have lost every bit of common sense? Up to this date Trump has been the most conservative president since Reagan,and all you clowns have done since day 1 is scream about "he's just like Hillary and Obama! WAAAAH! WAAAAH! WAAAH!"

Great post, @sneakypete !   :beer:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline verga

« Reply #307 on: March 02, 2018, 11:22:09 am »
Yeah, no kidding. Ah, what the hell... We didn't really need that whole Rule of Law thing anyway.
Every single one of my libtard relatives tell me how much they don't like/ trust the police/ government, but now all of a sudden they want the cops and government being the only ones with guns. You can't make this shit up. My nephew (career Navy) actually told me:"No one needs an assault weapon with a high capacity magazine." Really how about the Korean shop keepers in L.A. during the Rodney King riots, or the guy in Texas that stopped the Church shooter that killed 20+ people, using the exact same weapon as the killer.
D@MN if someone is breaking into my house I want at least as much fire power as they have and 2 more magazines.
Seriously I really wish stupid burned.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 11:22:36 am by verga »
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #308 on: March 02, 2018, 12:29:20 pm »
Every single one of my libtard relatives tell me how much they don't like/ trust the police/ government, but now all of a sudden they want the cops and government being the only ones with guns. You can't make this shit up. My nephew (career Navy) actually told me:"No one needs an assault weapon with a high capacity magazine." Really how about the Korean shop keepers in L.A. during the Rodney King riots, or the guy in Texas that stopped the Church shooter that killed 20+ people, using the exact same weapon as the killer.
D@MN if someone is breaking into my house I want at least as much fire power as they have and 2 more magazines.
Seriously I really wish stupid burned.

Now here is a reason I am glad I have an AR. Just across the street the house bought by Chinese with cash was raided by SWAT just this week. Part of a 18 house Chinese Drug Cartel  western WA bust hat was going  on. 16 large boxes of pot they took out of there. We never knew this was going on. They were quite, kept to themselves, and the curtains never opened for the 3 years they lived there. It would explain the Uhaul truck they would sometimes park in the driveway with nothing going in or out of it....before midnight anyway.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline verga

« Reply #309 on: March 02, 2018, 01:27:38 pm »
I would like to add English Common Law and terriers to that list.
They can keep the D@MN Corgis. I hate those little B@$bleep.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #310 on: March 02, 2018, 01:42:19 pm »
This thread has wandered like a high-speed drill bit on a sheet of steel plate.  Wish I could knock it off my "Latest posts to me" page without going back and deleting all my post.

Damn Sam, you know nothing stays on topic after the 4th page.  It is some kinda interweb rule.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #311 on: March 02, 2018, 01:45:12 pm »
Damn Sam, you know nothing stays on topic after the 4th page.  It is some kinda interweb rule.

Maybe we should lengthen the pages?  Might improve the attention spans....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

« Reply #312 on: March 02, 2018, 01:47:56 pm »
Maybe we should lengthen the pages?  Might improve the attention spans....

40 years ago Nixon said the the Average Americans attention span was about as long as his d**k.

I believe with shrinkage it is much shorter today.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #313 on: March 02, 2018, 02:03:02 pm »
40 years ago Nixon said the the Average Americans attention span was about as long as his d**k.

I believe with shrinkage it is much shorter today.

Proof of this is when walking out of a great movie, a common complaint you'll hear being murmured is "It was too long."

At one time movies were epic events, some with intermissions.

Today, Americans want an epic movie to be about an hour and fifteen minutes.

Heck, don't get me started on church rules for sermon times being no more than 30 minutes.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #314 on: March 02, 2018, 02:08:24 pm »
Proof of this is when walking out of a great movie, a common complaint you'll hear being murmured is "It was too long."

At one time movies were epic events, some with intermissions.

Today, Americans want an epic movie to be about an hour and fifteen minutes.

Heck, don't get me started on church rules for sermon times being no more than 30 minutes.

Yeah remember the good old days when you had to make fire with two sticks.  Ahhh those were the days.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #315 on: March 02, 2018, 02:18:13 pm »
Yeah remember the good old days when you had to make fire with two sticks.  Ahhh those were the days.

I doubt most urban yutes have any clue that one can start a fire with two sticks.

They are limited to whatever App and video plays on their smartphones.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WingNot

« Reply #316 on: March 02, 2018, 02:20:57 pm »
Looking back, we had, in the person of Teddy Roosevelt, the finest President in the history of this country. He had the spirit and determination that matched the times and the land. Then the women got the vote, and everything went to hell. While our boys was overseas fighting the Kaiser, the women got Prohibition put in. Drinking and gambling and whoring were declared unlawful. All those things which come natural to men became crimes.  Now they want to take our guns away.  Damn shame
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 02:22:27 pm by Wingnut »

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #317 on: March 02, 2018, 02:22:43 pm »
I doubt most urban yutes have any clue that one can start a fire with two sticks.

They are limited to whatever App and video plays on their smartphones.

@INVAR
You blame the yute, I blame their parents and grandparents.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #318 on: March 02, 2018, 02:24:00 pm »
@INVAR
You blame the yute, I blame their parents and grandparents.

I blame Apple.

Let's sue them and get rich.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #319 on: March 02, 2018, 02:24:11 pm »
Looking back, we had, in the person of Teddy Roosevelt, the finest President in the history of this country. He had the spirit and determination that matched the times and the land. Then the women got the vote, and everything went to hell. While our boys was overseas fighting the Kaiser, the women got Prohibition put in. Drinking and gambling and whoring were declared unlawful. All those things which come natural to men became crimes.  Now they want to take our guns away.  Damn shame

@Wingnut
We're just asking for commonsense reasonable controls on the right for women to vote.   Any reasonable person would agree.

its for public safety afterall

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #320 on: March 02, 2018, 02:25:06 pm »

You're cute when you're waxing poetic, Wingy.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #321 on: March 02, 2018, 02:28:36 pm »
You're cute when you're waxing poetic, Wingy.

I feel a roll coming on Darling! 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #322 on: March 02, 2018, 02:30:45 pm »
We're just asking for commonsense reasonable controls on the right for women to vote.   Any reasonable person would agree.

its for public safety afterall

Perfect!

Though we better be careful treading on that, @RoosGirl might come in here and give us boys a whuppin'.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #323 on: March 02, 2018, 02:32:39 pm »
Perfect!

Though we better be careful treading on that, @RoosGirl might come in here and give us boys a whuppin'.

And Jazzy!  LMFAO
@driftdiver

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #324 on: March 02, 2018, 02:34:48 pm »
Perfect!

@INVAR
heck those yankee girls aren't that tough

@RoosGirl