Author Topic: Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'  (Read 12394 times)

Offline verga

Re: Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'
« Reply #175 on: March 01, 2018, 04:28:16 pm »
I really had high hopes for Trump after the Gorsuch nomination, Now Not so much.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2018, 04:41:53 pm »
Doesn't matter. Without specific actions showing specific intent, it is thought police. Be very careful how far down that slippery slope you go.
Well this just made the day of my Libtard relatives.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2018, 04:50:35 pm »
I really had high hopes for Trump after the Gorsuch nomination, Now Not so much.

No, no, no.....you don’t get it.  He can say all the silly, dangerous, and unconstitutional things he wants.  It’s only the end result bill that matters.  That’s the dug in Alamo position of his most faithful.  He could have said Garland was a great guy and would have made a terrific SC Justice, but what matters is he appointed Gorsuch.   *****rollingeyes*****
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2018, 05:03:30 pm »
Well this just made the day of my Libtard relatives.

Yeah, no kidding. Ah, what the hell... We didn't really need that whole Rule of Law thing anyway.

Offline edpc

« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2018, 05:08:54 pm »
Rush is opening his program with Trumpsplaining, of course.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2018, 05:09:22 pm »

**nononono*

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2018, 05:27:43 pm »
Let him 'splain this, then:

Charles C. W. Cooke‏
@charlescwcooke

Forget that it’s guns, and substitute any other
item into the sentence, legal or illegal. This is
an open call for lawbreaking by the
authorities. The good argument is to change
the law so the police had options. This is not
that argument.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2018, 05:36:11 pm »

Of course that is what he was saying. But the kneejerk people here won't listen to reason. They'll just dismiss common sense by saying that you are a crazy Trump supporter, who will support him no matter what.

That kid in FL should have had his guns confiscated and he should have been locked up for evaluation. Anyone who can't see that is delusional and probably is a member of Alex Jones' website.

And who here ever said that they believed the kid was just fine and shouldn't have been evaluated for possible confiscation of his firearms?  Some of you seem to have a problem distinguishing between just taking people's gun because someone said they might do something, and following a proper procedure where someone with authority and understanding of the law (with respect to the Constitution) and all the facts of the matter and passing a legal judgement as to whether they pose a possible threat and need further evaluation including temporarily relieving them of their firearms or other weapons and remanding them to a mental health facility.  The latter of these two scenarios is guaranteed within the Constitution.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #183 on: March 01, 2018, 05:43:27 pm »
One thing this has done is brought out their real goal.  Banning of firearms.

YUP.  They are coming out of hiding to make it a movement now:

It's Time For Gun Abolition.  We Need To Ban All Civilian Guns
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline edpc

« Reply #184 on: March 01, 2018, 05:43:44 pm »
If anyone watched that CNN townhall with Scott Israel saying 'Baker Act' every five minutes, you'd have serious concerns about allowing someone like him to expand their powers.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #185 on: March 01, 2018, 05:47:28 pm »
Astute observation. This is exactly how President Trump has rolled so far.  When he says stuff like this he’s usually maneuvering his opponents. It’s a thing of beauty.

You goose-step more rigidly and higher for your leader than the Sturmabteilung at a Nuremberg rally in the 30s.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #186 on: March 01, 2018, 05:51:55 pm »
You goose-step more rigidly and higher for your leader than the Sturmabteilung at a Nuremberg rally in the 30s.
@INVAR
Before this gets deleted, I want to say that's about the best description I've seen.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #187 on: March 01, 2018, 05:53:54 pm »
If anyone watched that CNN townhall with Scott Israel saying 'Baker Act' every five minutes, you'd have serious concerns about allowing someone like him to expand their powers.

Did he point out that the Baker Act criteria weren't really likely met in this case?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

« Reply #188 on: March 01, 2018, 05:56:58 pm »
Did he point out that the Baker Act criteria weren't really likely met in this case?

Yes and he wanted it expanded to make it fit.  Worst of all, he wants it to include immediate seizure of weapons and a return after an unspecified 'rehabilitation' time period.

It was almost like a Bill Ayers dream of re-education camps.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:58:19 pm by edpc »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #189 on: March 01, 2018, 05:57:48 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/376097-trump-take-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second
“I like taking the guns early like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence. “Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.
@driftdiver
@mystery-ak
@txradioguy

I watched him say these things.  He thinks because he is president, he owns the country and can do whatever he wants, make people do what he wants, just as he did his company.  He is too dense to be president, cannot read documents, has someone read to him.  Jared Kushner did this for him every morning, so did Hope Hicks.  Jared no longer can see top secret material, and Hicks is leaving.  I can read fast, can you?  If so, apply for the job of "reader". 

He thinks he can take people's guns because he is president - thinks he owns the country, and that means the people IN the country.  He thinks he can tell you what you can and cannot do, and take away anything you own.  He is a dictator and if it were not for the constitution, which he has never read, he would control the country and you.

I have thought from the beginning, he may have a nervous breakdown if he thinks he isn't being given enough "credit", and right now he is more isolated than he has been, so this may add the final pressure, the final flap of the butterfly wings, that brings on a breakdown.  In my opinion, right now, he wants to break out and do something spectacular to give him "credit", and that may be attacking North Korea.  When his labels of people, "Little Kim", "Mr. McGoo Sessions", etc., don't satisfy him anymore, war will.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #190 on: March 01, 2018, 06:16:15 pm »
@driftdiver
@mystery-ak
@txradioguy

I watched him say these things.  He thinks because he is president, he owns the country and can do whatever he wants, make people do what he wants, just as he did his company.  He is too dense to be president, cannot read documents, has someone read to him.  Jared Kushner did this for him every morning, so did Hope Hicks.  Jared no longer can see top secret material, and Hicks is leaving.  I can read fast, can you?  If so, apply for the job of "reader". 

He thinks he can take people's guns because he is president - thinks he owns the country, and that means the people IN the country.  He thinks he can tell you what you can and cannot do, and take away anything you own.  He is a dictator and if it were not for the constitution, which he has never read, he would control the country and you.

I have thought from the beginning, he may have a nervous breakdown if he thinks he isn't being given enough "credit", and right now he is more isolated than he has been, so this may add the final pressure, the final flap of the butterfly wings, that brings on a breakdown.  In my opinion, right now, he wants to break out and do something spectacular to give him "credit", and that may be attacking North Korea.  When his labels of people, "Little Kim", "Mr. McGoo Sessions", etc., don't satisfy him anymore, war will.

@Victoria33

I think you're letting your dislike for him as a person color your judgement.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2018, 06:19:59 pm »
@INVAR
Before this gets deleted, I want to say that's about the best description I've seen.

I had to describe it in a word picture because some snowflakes cannot handle seeing a historical image that depict a similar mindset of lockstep fever to a man who they see as national savior.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2018, 06:38:32 pm »
@Victoria33
I think you're letting your dislike for him as a person color your judgement.
@driftdriver

No, I evaluate his "behavior".  That was my job for over twenty years, evaluating behavior.  His behavior tells me he likely has a personality disorder, along with a learning disability.  Numerous mental professionals also believe this, due to his behavior that fits certain mental disorders. It is my opinion, he should not be president due to this.  Also, due to this, he may not be president for his whole term.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2018, 06:58:28 pm »
Any excuse to cover for your boy huh?  **nononono*

Well, when I find a president I like I stick with him. I don’t go off half cocked every time he throws out a shiny object with which to blind his political opponents. As a supporter of the NRA, I trust him enough not to take any action that would infringe on 2A. That’s how confident I am in his respect for the constitution.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #194 on: March 01, 2018, 07:01:24 pm »
...Besides I’ve been right about Donald Trump nearly every time and you have been wrong about Donald Trump nearly every time. I think I have the better track record.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #195 on: March 01, 2018, 07:07:17 pm »
I think this was a gaffe of monumental proportions.  I mean that in the sense, "Accidentally told the truth about what's really on his mind."  Let's watch him try to walk it back without looking like he's walking it back.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #196 on: March 01, 2018, 07:08:09 pm »
Well, when I find a president I like I stick with him. I don’t go off half cocked every time he throws out a shiny object with which to blind his political opponents. As a supporter of the NRA, I trust him enough not to take any action that would infringe on 2A. That’s how confident I am in his respect for the constitution.

Where was his respect for the Constitution when he stated yesterday he was totally willing to toss away the 4th Amendment rights of that kid in Florida or anyone else for that matter?  "Seize the guns first worry about due process second".

Again had that been Obama or Hillary you'd be raging mad at the blatant disregard for the Constitution.

But since it's your boy...it makes everything ok.  That kind of cult mentality is frightening.

You're delusional in your blind faith.  But hey I guess everyone has to learn the hard way at some point.  This musts be your time.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #197 on: March 01, 2018, 07:10:27 pm »
...Besides I’ve been right about Donald Trump nearly every time and you have been wrong about Donald Trump nearly every time. I think I have the better track record.

Riiiight.  Sure you have. 

How's that prosecution of Hillary coming along?  You enjoying that complete repeal of Obamacare on day one of his term yet?

Do we have the funds from Mexico yet to build the border wall?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

« Reply #198 on: March 01, 2018, 07:16:45 pm »
Riiiight.  Sure you have. 

How's that prosecution of Hillary coming along?  You enjoying that complete repeal of Obamacare on day one of his term yet?

Do we have the funds from Mexico yet to build the border wall?

Nobody is going to mistake me for a Trump fan.  I’ll criticize the hell out of him, but I’ll never go this far to actively oppose him, unless he truly does something unmistakably impeachable. 

From yesterday.......

”I’m absolutist on Trump,” Kristol told me. “He shouldn’t be president. We should limit the damage he can do as president. And we should try as hard as we can to prevent him from being renominated or reelected.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exile-bill-kristol-republican-resister-chief-100007991.html

Offline Stevensr123

« Reply #199 on: March 01, 2018, 07:18:25 pm »
Speaking as an outsider (English)

I find Americans gun obsession bizarre (mainly because the British culture isn't a gun culture).

HOWEVER this whole banning semi-autos (or what ever they are called) seems a bit stupid to me.

Most gun deaths involve hand guns (I think hand guns kill 19x more people compared to any other weapon over in america - although correct me if I'm wrong).

So what is the point?

Greater protection of schools and other places will sniff this mass killing out.

Another thing is your 2nd amendment - again I don't really think your gun culture is a good thing (over here the biggest problem is knife crime - which frankly is a far better compared to having your head blown off from a distance, at least I have the chance to run away lol)

HOWEVER its your way of life and i respect that, and the 2nd amendment protects your rights, it seems like these politicians want to have double standards. stop trying to chip away at the 2nd amendment, get rid of it if THE PEOPLE want to, if they don't , stop abusing it!