Author Topic: CLOWN SHOW: Broward Sheriff Brags About Arresting 16-Year-Old For Online Threat  (Read 485 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
By Sarah Rumpf
https://www.redstate.com/sarah-rumpf/2018/02/27/clown-show-broward-sheriff-brags-arresting-16-year-old-online-threat/

Amid growing public outcry over systemic failures that thwarted any meaningful intervention before the February 14 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel is making a desperate attempt to convince people he knows how to do his job, by bragging about arresting a 16-year-old for making one online threat to kill students.

The Broward Sheriff’s Office (BSO) touted the arrest in a tweet posted earlier today, along with a link to a press release . . .

. . . Let me get this straight. A teenager made one online threat to kill students, the BSO went to his home, found weapons and a homemade pipe bomb, seized them and arrested the teenager.

One threat.

Just one threat and the BSO springs into action!

Too little, too [bleep]ing late . . .

. . . There is no difference between what this 16-year-old did once, and what Nikolas Cruz did multiple times, on multiple online platforms, observed by multiple witnesses, and as the subject of multiple complaints, except today the BSO desperately needs to save face and Sheriff Israel is desperately trying to defend his job.

Making a threat to kill or harm another person is a crime in Florida. As the Miami Herald reported, if Cruz had been arrested for even one of these threats, it would have likely resulted in him having to surrender any firearms in his possession, as well as legally prohibiting him from buying any more . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
I'm glad you posted this, but it is so incredibly depressing.  On the positive side, I hope this is the most clueless Sheriff's Dept in the whole country.  I hope there is no one even worse.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Couple more arrests and he'll get the Rosco P Coltrane, "Dipstick" of the year award.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
@EasyAce

Did someone wake the BSO out of his coma?
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Couple more arrests and he'll get the Rosco P Coltrane, "Dipstick" of the year award.

Watching this guy on TV and with various interviews, he does seem to be a few bricks shy of full pallet. I've heard the MSM describe him as 'a character'. In the South when someone says, 'He's a real character.', it means the dude is batshit crazy without having to actually say it.

It is similar to saying, 'He has good intentions, bless his heart.' This translates to, the guy is a pathetic screw up.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EasyAce

@Wingnut
He's not qualified. To win the Coltrane Dipstick award, you have to be a dipstick without anyone getting dead on your watch.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline EasyAce

@EasyAce

Did someone wake the BSO out of his coma?
@Slip18
Never rule out the possibility of an impersonator. ;)