Author Topic: Trump will block border wall 'sections' in California until 'the whole wall' is approved  (Read 564 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump will block border wall 'sections' in California until 'the whole wall' is approved
Washington Examiner, Feb  28, 2018, Katelyn Caralle

President Trump said Wednesday he would block portions of the border wall that California wants built now until the funding for the entire southern wall is approved and funded.

“I have decided that sections of the Wall that California wants built NOW will not be built until the whole Wall is approved. Big victory yesterday with ruling from the courts that allows us to proceed. OUR COUNTRY MUST HAVE BORDER SECURITY!,” Trump tweeted.

Trump didn't specify which parts of the wall that California wants to build today. But sections of the border wall that does exist in pieces in the state are reportedly being repaired and replaced, and Trump's warning on Wednesday could be a sign that he will try to stall those efforts until the entire wall is approved.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-will-block-border-wall-sections-in-california-until-the-whole-wall-is-approved/article/2650252

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I think this kinda of 'negotiating' shows why he was successful with the unions in NYC.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Concerned

Threatening NOT to build something the Dems hate.  That's some negotiating strategy.   He's got 'em right where he wants 'em now.  :whistle:  What's next?  Threatening to add trillions to the debt?...............oh wait.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Threatening NOT to build something the Dems hate.  That's some negotiating strategy.   He's got 'em right where he wants 'em now.  :whistle:  What's next?  Threatening to add trillions to the debt?...............oh wait.

@Concerned
If you read the short excerpt you'd know this is part of the wall that the Dems want.  Probably because it protects their houses.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline endicom

I think this kinda of 'negotiating' shows why he was successful with the unions in NYC.

Success with the unions is paying them off.

In the 1970s I heard that the Mob tax for constructing a skyscraper in NYC was one million dollars. I later read the very same in a newspaper. That reportedly bought labor peace and timely delivery of materials. All-in-all, not a bad deal.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Yes, Maybe and I don't know.   On the surface it seems to play right into the hands of General Xavier Becerra, DA of all things great in CA, who brought the suit against DHS and has pledged to continue to challenge the Trump administration over immigration issues and the wall.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Concerned

@Concerned
If you read the short excerpt you'd know this is part of the wall that the Dems want.  Probably because it protects their houses.

I read it.  California sued to delay building the wall.  Both the Governor and the Lt. Governor have been quite vocal against a wall.  This from Roll Call:

It was unclear, given the opposition to the border barrier from California officials’ and many of the state’s residents, how delaying construction would be perceived as a punishment there. The threat, however, is likely to enthuse his conservative base, which is no fan of the liberal-leaning Golden State.

Who do you think are the top Democrats FOR Trump's border wall there?  Kamala Harris?  Diane Feinstein? 

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/trump-threatens-california-border-wall-delay
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 03:20:39 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Brilliant! Terrorists, drug runners, murderers and illegals will never go past California's borders to wreak havoc in the other 49 states. There just aren't enough face palms for a strategy this inane!

Offline libertybele

888high58888  Yeppers.  Getting more and more liberal as time goes on!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
888high58888  Yeppers.  Getting more and more liberal as time goes on!
I bet old Moonbeam pissed his Depends laughing when he read that one from Trump!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Suppressed

I bet old Moonbeam pissed his Depends laughing when he read that one from Trump!

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn