Author Topic: Dick's Sporting Goods CEO on decision to no longer sell assault-style rifles: 'We don’t want to be a  (Read 18959 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Is this true?

The actual Dicks branded stores did in 2012.

Their Field and Stream branded stores didn't until today.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
IOW, @txradioguy, he can't come up with an example.   :silly: :silly: :silly:

@Jazzhead I don't think you're an idiot, but you sure as Hell think the rest of us on this forum are.  You insult everybody's intelligence with a dumbass statement like that.

@Cyber Liberty hence the reason I asked the question.

The only place he could find doesn't have gun registration...yet.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 11:31:20 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline roamer_1

Right here, right now, in the United States of America. 

Except guns are NOT registered here. Even in cities with draconian laws, there is little compliance, as proven by the high crime on their streets.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Except guns are NOT registered here. Even in cities with draconian laws, there is little compliance, as proven by the high crime on their streets.

There will never be compliance.  Grandma, with her .38 two-inch in the nightstand drawer, isn't about to register her gun.  I've said this before, there are about 300 Million firearms in this country, and they'll be lucky if one Million ever get registered.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
New Jersey is in the process of passing laws which will require registration and allow for confiscation for any reason without due process.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline goodwithagun

I’m still waiting for @Jazzhead to explain why he’s not demanding Dicks sell guns. They’re a sporting goods store after all. If cake makers are required to make homosexual wedding cakes because their business is cakes, then logically Dicks should be required to sell guns.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
New Jersey is in the process of passing laws which will require registration and allow for confiscation for any reason without due process.

They are also repealing their concealed carry laws too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Going to be hard for them to do if people refuse to admit they have a gun.  Or many.  Go ahead, send  cops around to search homes to find out, see how that goes.  It will be a good lesson for the country.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I’m still waiting for @Jazzhead to explain why he’s not demanding Dicks sell guns. They’re a sporting goods store after all. If cake makers are required to make homosexual wedding cakes because their business is cakes, then logically Dicks should be required to sell guns.

I've asked him, but no answer.  I think the little popcorn fart has me on ignore.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Good point.  I mean to use his words and argument...they are a "public accommodation".

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
the only history that's relevant as far as I'm concerned is U.S. history.

Right.  Because human nature, does not exist in the U.S.  Neither does the history of what human nature always achieves when people like you get their way.

You truly are an imbecile of the highest order.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline roamer_1

Yet another reason why I will never be found east of Michigan and north of the Mason Dixon Line.

Offline roamer_1

There will never be compliance.  Grandma, with her .38 two-inch in the nightstand drawer, isn't about to register her gun.  I've said this before, there are about 300 Million firearms in this country, and they'll be lucky if one Million ever get registered.

Which is why this entire conversation is entirely pointless.., EXCEPT in that it points out in no uncertain terms, those who would take our rights away... Including that SOB in the Whitehouse.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 11:46:16 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Yet another reason why I will never be found east of Michigan and north of the Mason Dixon Line.

I don't ever want to be North of the Ohio River.

Sadly I got family stuck behind enemy lines in the People's Republic of Illinois.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

Yeah, then those bleep that voted the bigger bleep into office move to Florida.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

Offline roamer_1

I don't ever want to be North of the Ohio River.

Sadly I got family stuck behind enemy lines in the People's Republic of Illinois.

Yeah, me too. Did I ever tell you I was born in Chicago? I don't mind MN, WI, IL, IN, MI, especially the UP. Just stay a good half day away from the cities, which are wretched places.  But no further east than that.  Heck I probably won't go east of the hump, even, so it's all speculative. If I never get 100 miles from right here, ever again, it will be fine with me.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

It does sell guns, and as far as I know they'll sell 'em for a gay shotgun wedding same as a straight one.   :seeya: 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline RoosGirl

It does sell guns, and as far as I know they'll sell 'em for a gay shotgun wedding same as a straight one.   :seeya:

What?!  They sell guns but not "assault style rifles"?  That is totally unacceptable.  If they say they sell guns, they should sell ALL guns.  They can't just pick and choose who they want to do business with.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
What?!  They sell guns but not "assault style rifles"?  That is totally unacceptable.  If they say they sell guns, they should sell ALL guns.  They can't just pick and choose who they want to do business with.

That's right.  They cannot arbitrarily discriminate and refuse to sell assault-style rifles if they are a store that advertises that they sell firearms to use Jazzy's logic.

Offline NavyCanDo

Dicks could stop selling guns altogether as far as I'm concerned. The two stores I am aware of sale nothing but bolt action rifles, shotguns, and knives. There seems to be never anyone behind the counter, and if you do find someone to help you they know nothing.   If you are looking for bike shorts or a golf shirt, The're OK, but if you are looking for firearms or ammo go someplace else.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I'm bummed. I've been beating this drum the whole thread, but he only answered at #168.  I must be on Ignore gain....it's just as well...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:04:05 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

I'm bummed. I've been beating this drum the whole thread, but he only answered at #168.  I must be on Ignore gain....it's just as well...

He won't answer me either.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He won't answer me either.

Last I heard nobody likes him, everybody hates him, and he's going to the garden and eat worms.
I will NOT comply.