Author Topic: Dick's Sporting Goods CEO on decision to no longer sell assault-style rifles: 'We don’t want to be a  (Read 18887 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I say we drop him off in the middle of Baltimore at 10 Friday night and see how he fares.  He gets a bottle of water and a body cam.  This could be a whole new reality show.

Baltimore?  Maybe a cop friend can give him a lift in the back of a van?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@RoosGirl @Jazzhead

The point of registration now is to make it easy to confiscate later. Anyone that supporters
registration now will support confiscation later. It is the old Marxist bait a switch.

That's paranoia, not reasoned argument. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I say we drop him off in the middle of Baltimore at 10 Friday night and see how he fares.  He gets a bottle of water and a body cam.  This could be a whole new reality show.

@RoosGirl
He will probably answer that it would make firearms used to commit crimes traceable.  Another fallacy since very few legally owned firearms are used in crimes, especially in those cities.  Even without the draconian laws they have there the firearms would be illegally possessed. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

IOW, you can't refute it.  Calling insanity is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

@Jazzhead
When history provides precedent after precedent then its not paranoia.

De Nile is more then just a river.

Offline driftdiver

IOW, you can't refute it.  Calling insanity is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

@Cyber Liberty
You saw how he attacks the messenger and doesn't address the specific question.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Jazzhead
When history provides precedent after precedent then its not paranoia.

De Nile is more then just a river.

Calling somebody "paranoid" has the added benefit of pigeon-holing somebody so he can ignore the argument they just used to defeat him.
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

I'll drive.  Hell I'll even slow down to 30 mph while you and Cyber push him out of the van.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

We don't care what you call it.

Registration is the first step towards short-order confiscation as we view and understand it.

We are not going to comply with any orders, legislation or commands to do so, and any attempts made to enforce such efforts will be met with deadly force and you will have bought yourself that war we are warning you is coming should your meddlesome advocacies actually come to pass.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

I'll drive.  Hell I'll even slow down to 30 mph while you and Cyber push him out of the van.

@Wingnut
You're braver then me, I'd rather drive through Bhagdad at night then the southside of Chicago or Baltimore.

Offline WingNot

@Wingnut
You're braver then me, I'd rather drive through Bhagdad at night then the southside of Chicago or Baltimore.

I ain't skeered.  Guns are outlawed in those cities.   The Police will protect me. :whistle: :whistle:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 09:32:16 pm by Wingnut »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
@Wingnut

WEST, West side of Chicago.

Daley and Emmanuel cleaned out a good chunk of the South side and shipped the Section 8 ghetto rats out to the suburbs and the Near West side from what relatives have to say.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WingNot

My daddy was a cop on the east side of Chicago
Back in the U.S.A. back in the bad old days
In the heat of a summer night
In the land of the dollar bill
When the town of Chicago died
And they talk about it still....

WEST, West side of Chicago.

Daley and Emmanuel cleaned out a good chunk of the South side and shipped the Section 8 ghetto rats out to the suburbs and the Near West side from what relatives have to say.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Cyber Liberty
You saw how he attacks the messenger and doesn't address the specific question.

Welcome to my world.  I've probably received over the years a thousand responses to my posts that consist of personal insults without any sort of substantive response.  Now you folks are fantasizing how you'd like to see me harmed.   *****rollingeyes*****

But concluding that registration of firearms leads to confiscation IS paranoia.  The Constitution protects your right to defend yourself.   Registration of motor vehicles - for purposes of public safety - hasn't led to confiscation or infringement of the right to travel.   
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 09:49:49 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Welcome to my world.  I've probably received over the years a thousand responses to my posts that consist of personal insults without any sort of substantive response.   *****rollingeyes*****

But concluding that registration of firearms leads to confiscation IS paranoia.  The Constitution protects your right to defend yourself.   Registration of motor vehicles - for purposes of public safety - hasn't led to confiscation or infringement of the right to travel.

Well, you find being bested in an argument to be a "personal insult," so I imagine your entire street is paved with them.  If you would stop ignoring losing arguments, like the straw man I highlighted in this post I'm quoting, you would probably be a basket case of tears over the insults that have been dealt you.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 09:52:03 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

The hell it hasn't.   For one thing is allows the State to tax you for your "right" to travel.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Now you folks are fantasizing how you'd like to see me harmed.

We haven't even begun to imagine or discuss the kinds of ways and methods of dealing with tyrants and their advocates who embark on imposing the tyranny they say is necessary for public safety.

But should meddlesome tyrants manage to attempt to do so, the creative and ingenious imaginations of the folks on this board should keep you up for nights on end.

But concluding that registration of firearms leads to confiscation IS paranoia. 

Like I said, we don't care if you think it is.  Just be warned that we view it as the first step to confiscation and we are not going to comply with any registration demands.

When the agents of meddlesome tyranny come to impose such demands - well, you'll get to see that war we are warning you about.

Offline roamer_1

Welcome to my world.  I've probably received over the years a thousand responses to my posts that consist of personal insults without any sort of substantive response.  Now you folks are fantasizing how you'd like to see me harmed.   *****rollingeyes*****

Naw. All I saw was folks offering to give you a ride to a safe town - Towns that MUST be safe, because their gun laws are (in)famously strict.
 There ain't ANY guns in Chicago. There can't be. It's against the law.  :nono:

But concluding that registration of firearms leads to confiscation IS paranoia.  The Constitution protects your right to defend yourself.   

Until the 'living document' decides another way, right?

No. History is repeated by fools. It is not paranoid to show that historically, EVERY_SINGLE_TIME weapons were registered, weapons were confiscated.

Registration of motor vehicles - for purposes of public safety - hasn't led to confiscation or infringement of the right to travel.

It also hasn't lead to 'public safety'.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I say own all the guns you want.  Just be responsible and register them.

Someone is letting their inner Marxist out.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Someone is letting their inner Marxist out.

It has me letting my inner anarchist out.  I will not comply. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It has me letting my inner anarchist out.  I will not comply.

I'm right there with you.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 10:47:18 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
But concluding that registration of firearms leads to confiscation IS paranoia.

Please point out one time in history where gun registration didn't lead to confiscation.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Please point out one time in history where gun registration didn't lead to confiscation.

Right here, right now, in the United States of America. 

Because of the Constitution's protection of the RKBA, the only history that's relevant as far as I'm concerned is U.S. history.  My understanding is that the following states and the District of Columbia currently require registration of some or all firearms:  D.C., Hawaii (all firearms)  New York (handguns only),  California and Maryland (new residents only) and California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, New Jersey and New York (certain pre-ban assault rifles or 50 caliber rifles).   A couple of these states require licensure in addition to registration. 

As far as I can tell,  these states' registration regimes have not led to confiscation of guns lawfully registered (outside of situations where the gunowner was adjudicated unfit to own guns for reasons unrelated to violation of registration/licensure requirements).  Please provide examples to prove me wrong. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 11:08:29 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Right here, right now, in the United States of America. 

IOW, @txradioguy, he can't come up with an example.   :silly: :silly: :silly:

@Jazzhead I don't think you're an idiot, but you sure as Hell think the rest of us on this forum are.  You insult everybody's intelligence with a dumbass statement like that.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 11:13:49 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Dick's Sporting Goods will stop selling assault-style rifles
« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2018, 11:12:04 pm »
They're right, they will face criticism and lose sales. Great business plan/s.

But I bet their self-righteousness is off the charts.
Principles matter. Words matter.