Author Topic: Texas Democrats' early voting totals should 'shock every conservative to their core,' Abbott email s  (Read 3009 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

@XenaLee

They are motivated because they have been cut off from most of their traditional funding sources at both the state and federal levels and if those aren't returned to their hands soon they DIE!

Thank goodness Congress choked off their funding in the last budget./sarc

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
@Victoria33

No worries -- El Paso can be easy to forget ;).  BTW my mom was the Republican County Chair for a while in the '60s and '70s, I think.  It sounded like a pretty thankless job.  She used to tell a story about when Nixon's people came to town and asked her how much it would cost to "buy" South El Paso.  She was shocked, because only Democrats like LBJ did things like that ;).

And I totally agree with your analysis.  I'm just having a hard time imagining Beto winning ;).

Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.

They'd be able to impeach him in the House, but the charges would be laughable.  There's no high crimes or misdemeanors they can honestly bring up.  Besides, they'd never get 67 in the Senate for removal.

Isn't there a saying, "Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence?" 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   History proves as Lincoln and the Republicans buried the Whigs in less than 2 Presidential election cycles, granted @Emjay the Whigs refused to take a stand on Slavery but just as the Tea Party arose quickly in 2009 due primarily to the Budgets/Deficits spiraling out of control, It could happen again, please don't deny this Man his Dreams.   :beer:

Dream on, @corbe, dream on. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Dream on, @corbe, dream on.

There is no huge issue or public sentiment that could take the country in a whole different direction right now.

We have only a handful of Republicans who could lead such a movement and they do not see their future in that idea.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Victoria33

No worries -- El Paso can be easy to forget ;).  BTW my mom was the Republican County Chair for a while in the '60s and '70s, I think.  It sounded like a pretty thankless job.  She used to tell a story about when Nixon's people came to town and asked her how much it would cost to "buy" South El Paso.  She was shocked, because only Democrats like LBJ did things like that ;).

And I totally agree with your analysis.  I'm just having a hard time imagining Beto winning ;).

El Paso is to Texas what the conservative northern part of California is to Sin City.

If Beto should win, all bets will be off and I will be off in solitude somewhere.

Offline libertybele

You would think that the RNC, NRSC and our own GOP President would be bustin their butts trying to hold on to TX and help Ted hold on to his Senate seat.

Somehow I'm imagining the Turtle and Trump giving each other high fives right about now!  After all, Trump threatened Cruz shortly after he was sworn in.  9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline MajorClay

In politics, never take anything for granted. Always work like you are 20 points behind and never relax.

No kidding!!!