Author Topic: Texas Democrats' early voting totals should 'shock every conservative to their core,' Abbott email s  (Read 3008 times)

Online libertybele

They don't have to launch an 'October surprise'.

The GOP will seal their fate for all eternity once they sign on with the Democrats to do gun control in the aftermath of the incident in Florida.

I find it amusing that none of that talk happened after the school shooting in a rural part of my state just two weeks earlier.  But the tis because the locals refused to hand the national media their scripted talking point narrative.

IF Texas turns blue, we've lost this country.  There's just no other way to look at the situation.  With Trump agreeing to amnesty, it's just a matter of time before the DEM voters significantly outnumber the GOP voters anyways making it impossible for another GOP win ever.

IMHO, and I know I've stated this during the election campagin; Trump saw an opportunity jump in and fill a void within the GOP base.  A base that was tired of the lies from the GOP establishment (aka RINO's) and their lackluster performance and pandering to the left.  He promised a wall, no amnesty, a ban on migrant refugees from certain areas, and repeal of O'care. People rallied around him BIGLY. Long story short (that we all are familiar with) he stopped the only true conservative in the game and I am not so convinced that ultimately that was the objective.

He has failed to build the wall, he has failed on amnesty, he has failed on O'care, he has failed to reign in his AG, the DOJ and the FBI. He has failed to hold those in the O administration accountable and responsible, especially his DEM opponent. He has failed to drain the swamp!  Perhaps all of this has been done by design. 

The DEM base is energized and in overdrive and Mr. 'Conservative' has handed them every reason to get out and vote and he's pretty much knocked the wind out of the sails of the GOP.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fantom

The GOP was pretty delusional after Romney lost and from the vacuum sprang a Leaderless Movement~The Tea Party. Granted the GOP was successful in shutting it down within 4 years but my contention is that it could happen again if enough GOPer's get tired of being played like a cheap fiddle.

Seems it started much sooner.

Here is a Youtube I posted.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMCthBf3lqk
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Frank Cannon

The DEM base is energized and in overdrive and Mr. 'Conservative' has handed them every reason to get out and vote and he's pretty much knocked the wind out of the sails of the GOP.

If you haven't noticed, the Rats have all the reason in the world to run to the polls this election cycle. Trump is very effective. Do you think ICE would be rounding up people and sending them home if anyone else was elected? The tax cut scares the shit out of them. Gorsich gives them nightmares. They are scared to death.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Disagree there.   Trump didn't kill the wind in GOP sails, they did that themselves after being awarded the House, Senate AND the Presidency to stop and reverse the Democrat agenda.

Instead they told us to eff-off, made O'care permanent, refused to hold to account criminal and treasonous actions by their peers, are pushing Amnesty and have outspent Obama to the tune of 1.5 TRILLION in debt spending on already unsustainable debt obligations.

McDonnell and Ryan have led the charge to making their party Democrat-lite and completely irrelevant unless you want a party that manages Big Government Statism better than the Dems. 

Their base has no reason to go to the polls to support them or their party and a yuuge chunk of us already left and dumped them.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online libertybele

If you haven't noticed, the Rats have all the reason in the world to run to the polls this election cycle. Trump is very effective. Do you think ICE would be rounding up people and sending them home if anyone else was elected? The tax cut scares the shit out of them. Gorsich gives them nightmares. They are scared to death.

Scared to death of what?  No wall?  Amnesty? Higher gas tax? No repeal of O'care?  The DEMS are winning and they are winning in special elections in counties that Trump had won.  In TX Cruz is facing an opponent who has out raised him in the past several months and he had one of the best ground games going. Trump has also energized the DEMS with his recent announcement on banning bump stocks and extending background checks coinciding with the DEMS push for gun control.

Yes, the RATS have every reason to run to the polls, they know the Trump didn't deliver what he promised to his base while he's agreed to amnesty and bending on the 2nd amendment!  They're taking full advantage of Trump's backpedaling and heading to the polls.  You bet ya!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The tax cut scares the shit out of them.

Except the rush to get it passed and signed turned it into a f*** story and will require Dem assistance to fix it.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/24/gops-tax-reform-law-is-full-of-typos-errors-experts/amp/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

Except the rush to get it passed and signed turned it into a f*** story and will require Dem assistance to fix it.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/24/gops-tax-reform-law-is-full-of-typos-errors-experts/amp/

Minutia. Money is going into peoples pockets despite this eff up.

Offline edpc

Minutia. Money is going into peoples pockets despite this eff up.

Taxable money that has to be claimed on your 2019 return, if you can figure out what it means.

Offline Frank Cannon

Taxable money that has to be claimed on your 2019 return, if you can figure out what it means.

If you think that will ever happen, have another hit of crack and throw another dart at the Trump face on your dart board.

Offline edpc

If you think that will ever happen, have another hit of crack and throw another dart at the Trump face on your dart board.

The crack is weak compared to your scotch, because that made zero sense.  People will have to pay taxes on 2018 income in April 2019.  Whatever this mess is now, it won't be the same if they require Dem help to fix it.  Brown even says so.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 05:29:21 am by edpc »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

The hell it will.

There's only room for One junkyard dog on top of the global pile. And it's becoming Us.

2 of the worst actors are getting what they deserve from it.

Japanese, Chinese Data Disaster Crushes 'Global Synchronous Recovery' Narrative.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,305979.0.html

China's reaction is full speed in the Venezuelan direction: Off The Cliff.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,305977.0.html

America 1st: European CEOs Go 1 by 1 To Tell Trump They Are Investing Billions Back In America

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/25/european-ceos-trump/

I don't care how many typos are in this bill.

The last thing I want are any GD Rat fingerprints within 100 miles of it.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
@Victoria33
I really appreciated your analysis of the upcoming Texas elections.  I'm from El Paso, and I'm guessing they never sent you out there, either ;). 

I still have a hard time imagining Ted Cruz losing to Beto O'Rourke.  But this will definitely be an interesting fall ;).  CA is going to be a trip, as well.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline edpc

I don't care how many typos are in this bill.

The last thing I want are any GD Rat fingerprints within 100 miles of it.

There are a couple ways to fix it.  Treasury can issue regulations that would almost certainly get challenged in court if the original bill is too ambiguous.  The other is by a technical corrections bill that would require Dem input.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

There are a couple ways to fix it.  Treasury can issue regulations that would almost certainly get challenged in court if the original bill is too ambiguous.  The other is by a technical corrections bill that would require Dem input.

I can almost hear you cheering.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Scared to death of what?  No wall?  Amnesty? Higher gas tax? No repeal of O'care?  The DEMS are winning and they are winning in special elections in counties that Trump had won.  In TX Cruz is facing an opponent who has out raised him in the past several months and he had one of the best ground games going. Trump has also energized the DEMS with his recent announcement on banning bump stocks and extending background checks coinciding with the DEMS push for gun control. 

You are so wrong, it's comical.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:13:57 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline MajorClay

as of yesterday, 2/27 in Dallas county, Dems 34,605 to 17,493

Offline edpc

I can almost hear you cheering.

It’s actually very disappointing Congress is so incapable of the simplest things.

I actually can hear your gears grinding, trying to understand the process.  The Schoolhouse Rock series on government may help you.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:36:22 pm by edpc »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Why does no one mention that All of these maneuvering for position points mean Nothing?

The DNC is Broke. No Money. The Republican coffers are filling.

Individual Democrat voters are Takers, not Givers. They are not check writers.

And the big money like Tom Steyer is gun shy of throwing good money after bad because it's a hopeless cause.

The Republican voters are still writing checks for $20, $50, and $100.

Democrat Spit, Fury, and Venom alone in support of what? 4 rotating Gripes? That, without the cash to buy and run on the ground roundups is not going to get them the House or Senate no matter what these Oracle of Delphi pollsters are divining.

Without Big Money they're Screwed.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline MajorClay

Dems lead 54 to 43 in my precinct

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33
I really appreciated your analysis of the upcoming Texas elections.  I'm from El Paso, and I'm guessing they never sent you out there, either ;).    I still have a hard time imagining Ted Cruz losing to Beto O'Rourke.  But this will definitely be an interesting fall ;).  CA is going to be a trip, as well.
@LauraTXNM
@mystery-ak
@txradioguy

Laura, thank you so much for your post.  I have changed my original post as it is EL PASO I was talking about in west Texas.  The party didn't send me there as it would make no difference. Must have had a "senior moment" when I typed the wrong city.

I did go to San Angelo to instruct the Republican Party there in election law.  That is as far west as I went.

As you know, US Rep. Beto O'Rourke is from El Paso, that bastion of Democrats.  You can't imagine he would beat Cruz.  Cruz won't lose in November unless all Democrats and Independents vote straight Dem ticket.  So, Cruz will lose if Independents join with energized Democrats.  Cruz would fall just as other Republicans across the state would fall.

Voting straight ticket for either party in the November election:  Most Texas voters vote straight ticket because it is so easy - One punch for straight ticket, either Rep or Dem, on the voting machine and you are done.  It takes time to vote separately for each office, so most vote straight ticket.  Independents may vote for each office separately, not straight ticket.

Because Independent voters are neither Rep or Dem, they may not show up at the primary election.  They tend to wait until the general election in November.  In Texas, you become a Republican or Democrat according to how you vote in the primary.  You are labeled with that party until the next primary is held.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Back in the day, there were probably honorable Democrats like, say, Henry "Scoop" Jackson and others, now, they are just too left-wing in their total agenda, gun control and so on, very unpopular platform and still,  they pulled off the Doug Jones victory in Alabama. 

I'd look at things really getting close in Texas in 2024; as of now though, to me, Democratic victory seems remotely possible but not probable.

You have such economic booms; and one sees what happens.

6 most populated states, I just looked this up:

1. California
2. Texas
3. Florida
4. New York
5. Pennsylvania
6. Illinois

At least, 5 of these are big job creating states and with that comes some risks apparently on how the workers can end up voting, especially minority types often beholden to the DNC. In the long run, for the whole nation, it could turn out negative for conservatism.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 03:13:31 pm by TomSea »

Offline Victoria33

Back in the day, there were probably honorable Democrats like, say, Henry "Scoop" Jackson and others, now, they are just too left-wing in their total agenda, gun control and so on, very unpopular platform and still,  they pulled off the Doug Jones victory in Alabama. 

I'd look at things really getting close in Texas in 2024; as of now though, to me, Democratic victory seems remotely possible but not probable.
@TomSea

I should have included you in my posts about the primary election.  Besides Alabama, there were several other special elections and the Dem won every time where there had been a Rep. in that office.  I didn't keep a record of how many.

I hope you are right Texas being close will not happen until maybe 2024.  I'll let you know how close the primary numbers shake out statewide.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Dems are energized all over the country, not just Texas.  "Trump" is the rallying cry that gets them all motivated.

Yup.  Just as millions were motivated to vote for Trump - even while holding their noses - just to deny Hillary the White House, so are the Dems motivated to take back the Congress in order to impeach and remove the President.   

Will Republicans be similarly motivated to stem this tide?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline edpc

Just as millions were motivated to vote for Trump - even while holding their noses - just to deny Hillary the White House, so are the Dems motivated to take back the Congress in order to impeach and remove the President.

They'd be able to impeach him in the House, but the charges would be laughable.  There's no high crimes or misdemeanors they can honestly bring up.  Besides, they'd never get 67 in the Senate for removal.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cruz is not making a lot of friends in the Hispanic community in saying "permanent legal residency" but no vote; that might energize the opposition. Also, the SCOTUS is refusing to rule on Dreamers, they might not even be sent back per the laws of this land.