Author Topic: Federal judge rules against challenge to Trump border wall  (Read 411 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Federal judge rules against challenge to Trump border wall
« on: February 27, 2018, 10:52:28 pm »
A federal judge on Tuesday ruled against an environmental challenge to President Trump’s border wall, delivering a win to the Trump administration in a decision that allows construction plans to move forward.

In a 101-page ruling, U.S. District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel wrote that both Congress and the executive branch “share responsibilities in protecting the country from terrorists and contraband illegally entering at the borders.”

The case involved the Trump administration’s ability to ignore environmental laws in the construction of the wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. The project had been challenged by several environmental groups and the state of California.   

The ruling will now allow the administration to issue waivers on environmental laws and build sections of the border wall.

“Border security is paramount to stemming the flow of illegal immigration that contributes to rising violent crime and to the drug crisis, and undermines national security," DOJ spokesman Devin O'Malley said Tuesday. "Congress gave authority to the Department of Homeland Security to construct a border wall without delay to prevent illegal entry into the United States, and we are pleased DHS can continue this important work vital to our nation’s interests.”

California Attorney General Xavier Becerra issued a statement saying his office “will evaluate all of our options and are prepared to do what is necessary to protect our people, our values, and our economy from federal overreach.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/27/federal-judge-rules-against-challenge-to-trump-border-wall.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 01:26:09 am »
Fox News, Feb 27, 2018, Alex Pappas

A federal judge on Tuesday ruled against an environmental challenge to President Trump’s border wall, delivering a win to the Trump administration in a decision that allows construction plans to move forward.

In a 101-page ruling, U.S. District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel wrote that both Congress and the executive branch “share responsibilities in protecting the country from terrorists and contraband illegally entering at the borders.”

The case involved the Trump administration’s ability to ignore environmental laws in the construction of the wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. The project had been challenged by several environmental groups and the state of California.   

The ruling will now allow the administration to issue waivers on environmental laws and build sections of the border wall.

More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/27/federal-judge-rules-against-challenge-to-trump-border-wall.html

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Federal judge rules against challenge to Trump border wall
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 01:32:12 am »
Donald Trump plans March visit to San Diego border wall prototypes, reports say
AZ Central, Feb 27, 2018

President Donald Trump is expected to visit the prototypes of his long-promised border wall sometime next month, according to administration officials quoted Monday by the Washington Post.

The visit is expected to take place in mid-March, the Post reported.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/border-issues/2018/02/27/donald-trump-plans-march-visit-san-diego-border-wall-prototypes-reports-say/375110002/

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 01:39:59 am »
Ok ... we've seen the prototypes several times and certainly this is good news that the judge ruled as he did, but at the end of the day, the $$ available is for repairs/replacement of existing fence  ...

...."the ruling will now allow the administration to issue waivers on environmental laws and build sections of the border wall...."

When Congress allocates $$ to actually build the wall that is needed, we can all jump for joy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 01:40:30 am »

Are you kidding me?  Thousands of people can walk right through those open spaces. :laugh:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 01:44:12 am »
Are you kidding me?  Thousands of people can walk right through those open spaces. :laugh:

Okay .. that's funny and I don't care who you are.   :laugh:

Offline Fantom

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 01:45:10 am »

What... they didn't show the machine gun nest 250 yards behind covering the gap? Must have been the camera angle  :pondering:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 01:50:08 am »
Ok ... we've seen the prototypes several times and certainly this is good news that the judge ruled as he did, but at the end of the day, the $$ available is for repairs/replacement of existing fence  ...

...."the ruling will now allow the administration to issue waivers on environmental laws and build sections of the border wall...."

When Congress allocates $$ to actually build the wall that is needed, we can all jump for joy. 

Offline Fantom

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 01:53:42 am »

Yes, have to give it up to Once-Ler on that one.... good job  888high58888 
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 02:18:52 am »

I know its depressing to face reality RIV, but so far Trump hasn't delivered on the wall and his offer of amnesty came as a surprise to his staunch supporters.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 02:24:42 am »
I'm happy to put a smile on your face @Right_in_Virginia and @Fantom .  I think a sense of humor is a divine characteristic that make each of us human. :seeya:

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 06:02:16 am »
Am I the only person who thinks the President owes this judge an apology?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 02:08:27 pm »
Am I the only person who thinks the President owes this judge an apology?

Okay that is funny right there.  I don't care who you are!   :silly:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."