Author Topic: Incompetence Wasn't the Problem in Broward County By Jack Cashill  (Read 349 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 26, 2018
Incompetence Wasn't the Problem in Broward County
By Jack Cashill

No one who follows the blogging collective known as the "Conservative Treehouse" will dispute my claim that its most prominent blogger, "Sundance" by name, is America's best reporter.  I got to know Sundance doing research for my book on the Trayvon Martin shooting, If I Had a Son.  So instrumental was the research of Sundance and his colleagues that I made the "Treepers" the protagonists of the book.

Sundance's research into the political dynamics of Martin's Miami-Dade school system led him to expand his research into neighboring Broward County years before the Parkland shooting.  We communicated the day after that shooting.  We had a shared sense of what had gone wrong.  I detailed some of this last week in an article on what one public interest magazine called the "Broward County solution."  In Broward County, they call it more modestly the "PROMISE Program."

In November 2013, Sundance first reported that Broward County was "willing to jump on the diversionary bandwagon."  As an attached Associated Press article noted, "One of the nation's largest school districts has reached an agreement with law enforcement agencies and the NAACP to reduce the number of students being charged with crimes for minor offenses."  The goal, as the article explained, was to create an alternative to the zero-tolerance policies then in place by giving principals, not law enforcement, the authority to determine the nature of the offense.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/02/incompetence_wasnt_the_problem_in_broward_county.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Incompetence Wasn't the Problem in Broward County By Jack Cashill
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 03:11:48 am »
No one who follows the blogging collective known as the "Conservative Treehouse" will dispute my claim that its most prominent blogger, "Sundance" by name, is America's best reporter.
It took all of one sentence to lose me.

Many of us here alone have "disputed" the Nuthouse's credibility.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 04:01:15 am »
Incompetence seems to have been half the problem.

Cowardice seems to have been the other half

#BrowardCowards.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 02:38:25 pm »
If the average American can draw one conclusion from this tragic fiasco it's that you shouldn't rely on leos to save your life. There are, of course, many instances of the police doing exactly that.
But this royal screwup shows the other side of the police...the police who didn't do their job.
It simply defies belief that a trained, armed officer knowing that children were being shot deliberately avoided engaging a killer to try to stop the killing.
But he did nothing. And the Broward Country cops did nothing either when they arrived.
But the Coral Springs police almost immediately ran into the building displaying the difference between cops who did their jobs and cops who wouldn't.
Moral of story: dear average citizen...to protect yourself and your loved ones, get a gun and learn how to use it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 02:50:09 pm »
If the average American can draw one conclusion from this tragic fiasco it's that you shouldn't rely on leos to save your life. There are, of course, many instances of the police doing exactly that.
But this royal screwup shows the other side of the police...the police who didn't do their job.
It simply defies belief that a trained, armed officer knowing that children were being shot deliberately avoided engaging a killer to try to stop the killing.
But he did nothing. And the Broward Country cops did nothing either when they arrived.
But the Coral Springs police almost immediately ran into the building displaying the difference between cops who did their jobs and cops who wouldn't.
Moral of story: dear average citizen...to protect yourself and your loved ones, get a gun and learn how to use it.

That pretty much sums it up.

However, the point that Cashill was maybe trying to make is that Broward County officials encouraged an environment of lawlessness by not enforcing the law.