Author Topic: Trump and GOP: Let’s bankrupt Social Security to pay for Ivanka’s Paid Family Leave  (Read 416 times)

Offline corbe

Trump and GOP: Let’s bankrupt Social Security to pay for Ivanka’s Paid Family Leave

by David Leach • February 26, 2018

Prior to their current monopoly of Washington, Republicans last controlled Congress and the White House during the George W. Bush administration. Then, as now, the American people gave the GOP control to return the country to conservative values, such as: reducing the size of government, limiting spending, and rejecting big-government progressivism.

History shows us that the GOP betrayed those values, and that gave rise to Democrat control of Congress during Bush’s last two years and ultimately, the election of Barack Obama. Unfortunately, the current Gang Of Phonies are betraying conservative values as well.

You may recall that Bush ran as a “compassionate conservative,” which we would later learn was Republican doublespeak for big-government progressive. Under Bush’s brand of conservatism, America got a president who “abandoned free-market principles to save the free market” along with the biggest expansion of entitlement spending since LBJ created Medicare in 1965—Medicare Part D.

<..snip..>

http://www.stridentconservative.com/trump-and-gop-lets-bankrupt-social-security-to-pay-for-ivankas-paid-family-leave/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

SS is already facing massive insolvency issues.

Expanding the size and scope of government has never worked for the GOP
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 11:00:42 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
And just as it was in the days of W, today’s GOP-controlled Congress is on board with his big-government progressive agenda.

...George Bush and the GOP destroyed Reagan conservatism and moved America closer to the left. Donald Trump and today’s GOP are taking us the rest of the way there.

There is little in that entry that any true Conservative could disagree with.

As we warned: Conservatism would be redefined, and now it has been.  Even this board's Cheerleaders For Trump have said that if we refuse to redefine Conservatism to adopt what is the new era of Big Government Progressivism under the name of Trump - "Conservatism" will be left to the ash bin of history.

Sadly - that is true - and more hopefully the Republican party name can bury itself alongside the Whigs while the members of it can just fold themselves into the Democrat party where they now align themselves.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LMAO

The president probably feels this is a “gift” to his baby girl

But what obligation does the Congressional GOP have to approve this?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
But what obligation does the Congressional GOP have to approve this?
@LMAO
Absolutely none, constitutionally speaking. Congress was not designed to be a presidential rubber stamp, and the sooner Congresses quit
ceding powers to the executive branch, the better. Regardless of which Congress, regardless of which president.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Absolutely none, constitutionally speaking. Congress was not designed to be a presidential rubber stamp, and the sooner Congresses quit
ceding powers to the executive branch, the better. Regardless of which Congress, regardless of which president.

The GOP actually ASSISTED with the creation of a true Imperial Presidency under Obama, and did nothing to keep the other branches in check. Rather if funded and enabled a quasi-Monarchy being able to be wielded from the White House.

Why would we even THINK they would stop doing so now?

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
The GOP actually ASSISTED with the creation of a true Imperial Presidency under Obama, and did nothing to keep the other branches in check. Rather if funded and enabled a quasi-Monarchy being able to be wielded from the White House.
It didn't exactly begin with Obama.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
It didn't exactly begin with Obama.

No.  But his regime is when the government took it into hyperspace.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:50:08 am by INVAR »

Offline RoosGirl

Certainly the dust that's in the SS cookie jar isn't enough to pay for family leave.  Besides, while campaigning Trump said that with interest rates so low that now was the time to borrow more.  Let's just go ahead and get this shit over with.