Exclusive Content > News

Walter Williams questions Mark Levin’s desire for an Article V Convention

<< < (2/9) > >>

Sanguine:

--- Quote from: johnwk on February 27, 2018, 02:29:21 pm ---
The ¾ vote you mention is no defense against organized tyranny!

And tell me, how many of our States now now receive one third or more of their budget from the federal government, almost all of which is for functions not authorized to be financed by the federal government?  The fact is, we now have approximately $125 TRILLION in federal debt liabilities, and Republican leaders are just as guilty as Democrat leaders in creating this suicidal debt.  And this debt does not even take into account State pension funds which are a ticking time bomb in both Republican and Democrat controlled States.  And why is this important?  It is important because during the convention of 1787 a deal was struck to have the federal government assume all state debts incurred during the Revolutionary War if the new Constitution were to be adopted. 

How many existing State Legislatures and Governors would not submit to blackmail and agree to give the federal government more powers over the people and the States and nullify the Ninth and Tenth Amendments if the federal government would assume existing state debt under a new constitution?

What you seem to be missing is ___ the fault is not in our existing Constitution. Rather, the fault is found in a failure to enforce its existing defined and limited powers.  Why call for a convention to re-write our existing constitution if our sufferings spring from a failure to enforce its existing provisions?  Logic tells me it may very well be to make constitutional the tyranny we now suffer under, and that includes the plundering of our federal treasury engaged in by the leadership of both political parties.

JWK

80% of green energy money, which amounted to $ BILLIONS and taxed away from the wages of hard working American Citizens WENT TO our Washington sewer rat donors!

--- End quote ---

I'm distilling your comment down to "why do a COS at all"?  And, the answer is - because there is a chance it could make things better and is the last legal option available to us.

johnwk:

--- Quote from: Sanguine on February 27, 2018, 02:44:02 pm ---I'm distilling your comment down to "why do a COS at all"?  And, the answer is - because there is a chance it could make things better and is the last legal option available to us.

--- End quote ---

Last legal option available?  We have a legal option every two freaken years to elect honorable people to Congress who will obey our existing Constitution. I dare say, your premise is without foundation.

JWK

At the close of the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia on September 18, 1787, a Mrs. Powel anxiously awaited the results and as Benjamin Franklin emerged from the long task now finished asked him directly, `Well, Doctor, what have we got? A republic or a monarchy?' `A republic, if you can keep it,' responded Franklin.

Sanguine:

--- Quote from: johnwk on February 27, 2018, 02:53:57 pm ---Last legal option available?  We have a legal option every two freaken years to elect honorable people to Congress who will obey our existing Constitution. I dare say, your premise is without foundation.

JWK

At the close of the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia on September 18, 1787, a Mrs. Powel anxiously awaited the results and as Benjamin Franklin emerged from the long task now finished asked him directly, `Well, Doctor, what have we got? A republic or a monarchy?' `A republic, if you can keep it,' responded Franklin.

--- End quote ---

Really?  Then why haven't we?

Bigun:

--- Quote from: endicom on February 27, 2018, 02:43:56 pm ---I'm with Williams on this.

--- End quote ---

I am as well!  Our current problems are not related to the Constitution as it exists but rather what we have allowed ourselves to become.

Sanguine:

--- Quote from: Bigun on February 27, 2018, 04:33:16 pm ---I am as well!  Our current problems are not related to the Constitution as it exists but rather what we have allowed ourselves to become.

--- End quote ---

And, that, of course, begs the question: "what do we do from here"?  I notice Johnwk disappeared on this question.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version