Author Topic: 5 Things Barack Obama Said in His Weirdly Off-the-Record MIT Speech  (Read 407 times)

Offline Suppressed

5 Things Barack Obama Said in His Weirdly Off-the-Record MIT Speech
"We didn’t have a scandal that embarrassed us," said the former president. "I know that seems like a low bar."
https://reason.com/blog/2018/02/26/barack-obama-mit-sloan-sports
Robby Soave|Feb. 26, 2018 6:11 pm
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: 5 Things Barack Obama Said in His Weirdly Off-the-Record MIT Speech
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 03:30:28 am »
"We didn’t have a scandal that embarrassed us," said the former president. "I know that seems like a low bar."

He's not saying unequivocally that he never had scandals.

What he IS saying is that nothing he or his administration did ever embarrassed him.

Might this be how a narcissist -would- think and behave?

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 02:25:33 pm »
Well sure he didn't. Because the press never followed up on any of his scandals.

No follow-up, no embarrassment.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 05:56:00 pm »
Bammy's scandals, like his buddy's chickens, are coming home to roost. A long delay, but they're coming.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 06:09:27 pm »
Bammy's scandals, like his buddy's chickens, are coming home to roost. A long delay, but they're coming.

Perhaps, but really what difference will it make?  He won't be held accountable or responsible and neither will all of his accomplices including Hillary.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.