Author Topic: Washington governor confronts Trump at White House  (Read 524 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Washington governor confronts Trump at White House
« on: February 26, 2018, 05:46:40 pm »
By Jordan Fabian - 02/26/18 12:41 PM EST

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee (D) confronted President Trump on Monday over his proposal to arm educators in order to prevent future school shootings.

During a meeting with the nation’s governors at the White House, Inslee stood and objected when Trump raised the controversial idea.

“We need a little less tweeting, a little more listening,” said Inslee, who has been rumored as a possible Democratic challenger to Trump in 2020.

The president did not directly respond to the Washington governor’s comment.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/375618-washington-governor-confronts-trump-at-white-house
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Washington governor confronts Trump at White House
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 05:49:38 pm »
By Jordan Fabian - 02/26/18 12:41 PM EST

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee (D) confronted President Trump on Monday over his proposal to arm educators in order to prevent future school shootings.

During a meeting with the nation’s governors at the White House, Inslee stood and objected when Trump raised the controversial idea.

“We need a little less tweeting, a little more listening,” said Inslee, who has been rumored as a possible Democratic challenger to Trump in 2020.

The president did not directly respond to the Washington governor’s comment.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/375618-washington-governor-confronts-trump-at-white-house

If that's his mantra, I don't think he has much of a chance.

How about a substantive comment?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 05:58:01 pm »
Is that what passes for a MSM 'Confrontation"  A shouted comment from yards away?   Man  the press sucks bigly.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 06:19:35 pm »
Is that what passes for a MSM 'Confrontation"  A shouted comment from yards away?   Man  the press sucks bigly.

Bout time you noticed!   :laugh:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 07:07:41 pm »
Ugh....this guy looks dopey as hell and sounds like the rambling drunk at the bar that ends every sentence with “so whaddya think ‘bout that?”
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 02:19:08 am »
Ugh....this guy looks dopey as hell and sounds like the rambling drunk at the bar that ends every sentence with “so whaddya think ‘bout that?”

Oh he is dopey.  He is an embarrassment to the state.  I am life long Washingtonian and this guy is as liberal as they get.  But then Democrats get a lot of  their kooks from Washington.  Patty Murray, Gary Locke..  Locke was Secretary of Commerce to Obama and Ambassador to China.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:27:29 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 02:28:45 am »
Oh he is dopey.  He is an embarrassment to the state.  I am life long Washingtonian and this guy is as liberal as they get.  But then Democrats get a lot of  their kooks from Washington.  Patty Murray.....etc.

I was in the army with a guy from Spokane.  He was fairly levelheaded and was probably similar to Rand Paul politically - some libertarian leanings.  That’s the only person native to Washington I’ve ever met.  No offense, but the ones I see on TV seem somber and weird.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 02:46:02 am »

I was in the army with a guy from Spokane.  He was fairly levelheaded and was probably similar to Rand Paul politically - some libertarian leanings.  That’s the only person native to Washington I’ve ever met.  No offense, but the ones I see on TV seem somber and weird.

Yes, Well Spokane isn't the liberal part of the state.  Liberals control Washington because of the wealthy suburbs like Seattle, Bellevue, Mercer Island, Kirkland and most of central Washington.  Some parts of the North side like Bellingham.....  Most of Eastern Washington is Conservative, and mostly farm and ranch.  The state is split.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:49:25 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.