Author Topic: Trump: 'I'd run in there' to stop school shooting even without a gun  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump: 'I'd run in there' to stop school shooting even without a gun
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2018, 07:33:05 pm »
Who believes this?

He's a Boomer ... and men in this age group are either white haired stoners or patriots.  The generation simply did not produce any other alternative.  Trump's in the patriot class.

So, yes, I believe this.  And not because it's the President.  But because many men his age react instinctively to protect children being harmed.  We used to expect it.   :shrug:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2018, 07:46:55 pm »

Nah - NKOTB.    :tongue2:

Yeppers. Makes sense... You came thu puberty with them.  NSYNC didn't start till the mid 90's. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2018, 08:20:20 pm »
So, yes, I believe this.  And not because it's the President.  But because many men his age react instinctively to protect children being harmed.  We used to expect it.   :shrug:

Well, @Emjay has been exhorting us to judge him based on his actions, rather than his words.  Given that, when danger reared its head in the past, he grabbed five deferments rather than running in.  Even when the military doctor found nothing to keep him out, he found someone who would.

So, the suggestion is that we shouldn't believe him.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 08:21:05 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2018, 08:38:13 pm »
I thought we were done with the whole Vietnam draft thing for Presidents but NOOOOO.....

I doubt Trump runs anywhere. He probably pays people to exercise for him
Countdown to Resignation

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2018, 08:41:51 pm »
Well, @Emjay has been exhorting us to judge him based on his actions, rather than his words.  Given that, when danger reared its head in the past, he grabbed five deferments rather than running in.  Even when the military doctor found nothing to keep him out, he found someone who would.

So, the suggestion is that we shouldn't believe him.

@Suppressed
Yes he did.  He was one of many that did.

Was Hillary in Vietnam?   Bill?  Obama?  Romney? 

I guess Kerry and Gore were technically there, so they probably pass your muster.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2018, 08:51:53 pm »
@Suppressed
Yes he did.  He was one of many that did.

Was Hillary in Vietnam?   Bill?  Obama?  Romney? 

I guess Kerry and Gore were technically there, so they probably pass your muster.
@driftdiver

Oh, cool...I hadn't heard that Hillary, Bill, Obama, and Romney had claimed they'd run into the building unarmed.  Please send the links!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2018, 09:07:44 pm »
@driftdiver

Oh, cool...I hadn't heard that Hillary, Bill, Obama, and Romney had claimed they'd run into the building unarmed.  Please send the links!

I don't have the links but Hillary was shot at by snipers on the tarmac while running thu enemy crossfire to save some poor immigrant chillins that were selling flowers to earn money to buy food in Bosnia.  Bill took a bullet for Monica in the Oval Office to save a blue dress. Romney saved a small dog from a mob of animal cruelist by strapping it to the roof of his car to drive it to safety and out of danger.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2018, 09:22:10 pm »
I don't have the links but Hillary was shot at by snipers on the tarmac while running thu enemy crossfire to save some poor immigrant chillins that were selling flowers to earn money to buy food in Bosnia.  Bill took a bullet for Monica in the Oval Office to save a blue dress. Romney saved a small dog from a mob of animal cruelist by strapping it to the roof of his car to drive it to safety and out of danger.

And Trump dodged bullets in Vietnam in a hotel bed.
+++++++++

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2018, 09:23:14 pm »
I think what he meant to say is that he would run in to stop the school shooting if not for those darn bone spurs in the heels.   :tongue2:

Yep... :silly:

After all he did survive his own personal Vietnam...that had to take a lot of guts .....:whistle:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2018, 09:43:02 pm »
The Time Donald Trump Turned Away in Disgust While a Man Was Bleeding to Death in Front of Him
MARLOW STERN  09.28.17 9:30 AM ET
https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-time-donald-trump-turned-away-in-disgust-while-a-man-bled-to-death-in-front-of-him

[Audio at link]

[...]

The former reality-TV host then shares a story with Stern about the time he thought a man died in front of him during a charity event at his Palm Beach club Mar-a-Lago and, rather than helping the injured man, Trump turned away in disgust at the sight of his blood.

“I was at Mar-a-Lago and we had this incredible ball, the Red Cross Ball, in Palm Beach, Florida. And we had the Marines. And the Marines were there, and it was terrible because all these rich people, they’re there to support the Marines, but they’re really there to get their picture in the Palm Beach Post… so you have all these really rich people, and a man, about 80 years old—very wealthy man, a lot of people didn’t like him—he fell off the stage,” said Trump.

Trump proceeds to explain that it was a $100,000-per-table fundraiser filled with deep-pocketed billionaires, and that the Marines were—for whatever reason—given tables in the very back of the ballroom (“the worst table in the whole place”). Oh, and that he was more preoccupied with his ballroom’s pristine marble floor than the octogenarian bleeding out on it.

“So what happens is, this guy falls off right on his face, hits his head, and I thought he died. And you know what I did? I said, ‘Oh my God, that’s disgusting,’ and I turned away,” said Trump. “I couldn’t, you know, he was right in front of me and I turned away. I didn’t want to touch him… he’s bleeding all over the place, I felt terrible. You know, beautiful marble floor, didn’t look like it. It changed color. Became very red. And you have this poor guy, 80 years old, laying on the floor unconscious, and all the rich people are turning away. ‘Oh my God! This is terrible! This is disgusting!’ and you know, they’re turning away. Nobody wants to help the guy. His wife is screaming—she’s sitting right next to him, and she’s screaming.”

Thank God for the Marines. “What happens is, these 10 Marines from the back of the room… they come running forward, they grab him, they put the blood all over the place—it’s all over their uniforms—they’re taking it, they’re swiping [it], they ran him out, they created a stretcher. They call it a human stretcher, where they put their arms out with, like, five guys on each side,” shared Trump.

“I was saying, ‘Get that blood cleaned up! It’s disgusting!’ The next day, I forgot to call [the man] to say he’s OK,” said Trump, adding of the blood, “It’s just not my thing.”

[...]
+++++++++

Offline corbe

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2018, 10:52:50 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2018, 10:59:53 pm »
Trump's history shows this is BS. He is a man who speaks loudly but carries no stick.  We even saw what his instinctual reaction was during the campaign when someone rushed the stage and he started to hide behind the podium.

Frankly, unless you are trained and practiced in active combat situations, you (anyone of us) have no clue how we would react when the first sound of gunfire hit our ears.  None of us here, no matter how big or words and proclamations we make on the matter, know what will kick in when a bullet wizzes past our ears.

The most honest answer anyone can make who isn't trained for this specific situation is simply 'I don't know'.

Trump's answer sounds like a 12 year old bragging or some space shuttle door gunner.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 11:01:54 pm by AbaraXas »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2018, 11:25:00 pm »
He's a Boomer ...

He's an idiot. And a liar.

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2018, 11:46:20 pm »
He's an idiot. And a liar.

Your hate is :boring:

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2018, 11:59:57 pm »
“You don’t know until you're tested , but I think, I really believe I would have run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon,” the president said.  And I think most of you in this room would have done this, too.”

! No longer available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw03Qh3VZhc

@roamer_1
@AbaraXas
@mystery-ak
@Suppressed

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 12:03:17 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2018, 12:07:07 am »
! No longer available

@roamer_1
@AbaraXas
@mystery-ak

That vid is a joke.  First of all.....there are no Medal of Honor 'winners.'  They are recipients.  It's not an effing game show prize.  Also, he should be careful about wishing for the return of mental institutions.  In the age he's referring to, people who were self-aggrandizing and pathological had nets thrown over them.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2018, 01:36:59 am »

That vid is a joke.  First of all.....there are no Medal of Honor 'winners.'  They are recipients.  It's not an effing game show prize.  Also, he should be careful about wishing for the return of mental institutions.  In the age he's referring to, people who were self-aggrandizing and pathological had nets thrown over them. 

Such nitpicking @edpc .... such ugliness.  And for no reason.   

As I've said to others, you're making me so damn happy Donald Trump won the presidency --- I'm feeling the urge to do this all over again ....  88devil

Offline edpc

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2018, 01:43:15 am »
Such nitpicking @edpc .... such ugliness.  And for no reason.   

As I've said to others, you're making me so damn happy Donald Trump won the presidency --- I'm feeling the urge to do this all over again ....  88devil

The CiC who has handed out the MoH should actually know WTF he’s talking about when discussing them.  It’s hardly nitpicking.

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2018, 01:53:04 am »
The CiC who has handed out the MoH should actually know WTF he’s talking about when discussing them.  It’s hardly nitpicking.

Isn't there a panel of military personnel judging who is selected as a medal of honor recipient??  (The answer is "yes".)

So you are most certainly nitpicking @edpc ... but it's showing just how depleted your arsenal against the President really is --- so carry on.  :cool:

Offline edpc

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2018, 01:58:24 am »
Isn't there a panel of military personnel judging who is selected as a medal of honor recipient??  (The answer is "yes".)

So you are most certainly nitpicking @edpc ... but it's showing just how depleted your arsenal against the President really is --- so carry on.  :cool:

Man, you are dense.  He called them MoH ‘winners’ in the video.  If your ears were not covered by his sizable pasty thighs, you might’ve heard it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 01:58:55 am by edpc »

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2018, 02:05:29 am »
And Trump dodged bullets in Vietnam in a hotel bed.

Probably a motel, unless she(?) was paying.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2018, 02:09:26 am »
! No longer available

@roamer_1
@AbaraXas
@mystery-ak
@Suppressed

Thanks, @Right_in_Virginia
I thought I'd replied to this, but I guess I hadn't.

That context helps...thanks for posting it.

I still think he wouldn't have, but at least he realizes you don't know until you're there.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:10:14 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++

Offline corbe

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2018, 03:24:21 am »
   Trump earned his Purple Heart the hard way/s

! No longer available
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2018, 03:39:02 am »
Your hate is :boring:

I don't hate him.
I pity him. He is pitiable. All idiots are.
And he angers me, as liars are prone to do.