Author Topic: CPAC is What Trumpism Is Doing to Conservatism  (Read 2559 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: CPAC is What Trumpism Is Doing to Conservatism
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2018, 05:53:16 pm »
Gun grabber/anti 2nd Amendment

Pro choice

Pro Gay "marriage"

Pro Obamacare

Pro deficit spending

Anti religion (unless it's Islam)

Anti 1st Amendment

Pro DACA

Against Trump's travel ban in certain Muslim countries

Anti Border wall

The only thing he hasn't sided with the Liberals on so far is anti-war/anti-military.

Can't imagine why anyone would think that Jazz is a Liberal.  :whistle:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 05:54:15 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2018, 05:55:52 pm »
CPAC is What Trumpism Is Doing to Conservatism

I think a more timely and necessary discussion is:   "What Conservatives Are Doing to Conservatism"

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2018, 05:58:48 pm »
I think a more timely and necessary discussion is:   "What Conservatives Are Doing to Conservatism"

We're trying to save it...and getting kicked in the teeth by the rest of the party for our efforts.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2018, 06:01:05 pm »
Thanks for the thoughtful reply @Jazzhead    :beer:

And I'll pour a wee dram for you, too, RIV!   :beer:
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2018, 06:01:31 pm »
We're trying to save it...and getting kicked in the teeth by the rest of the party for our efforts.

You're losing badly.  Blaming others is not a solution.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2018, 06:03:47 pm »
You're losing badly.  Blaming others is not a solution.

Pointing out where the rest of the party is turning into Dem light and willing to sell out their principals isn't blaming other people. 

It's called diagnosing the patient.

And right now the GOP has a terminal case of Liberalism.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2018, 06:09:02 pm »
Pointing out where the rest of the party is turning into Dem light and willing to sell out their principals isn't blaming other people. 

I'm not interested in criticisms of the GOP by folks who have no vested interest in the party.   Go play in your little separate sandbox,  don't crap in mine.   

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2018, 06:11:38 pm »
I'm not interested in criticisms of the GOP by folks who have no vested interest in the party.   Go play in your little separate sandbox,  don't crap in mine.

But you make it a daily habit to shit in ours and then piss on us while articulating in clever legalese and amazing bends of pretzel logic, that it is merely raining and that we should enjoy it.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2018, 06:14:35 pm »

You are the one that came here long after I arrived and started telling everyone how much their long held beliefs were BS and how we were cretins engaging in tribalism and that we're bigots.

You have no room nor right to lecture anyone about crapping in anyone's sandbox.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2018, 06:15:01 pm »

They have chosen to go Kavorkian.

So let them be consumed by the liberal Statism that they cheerlead and ridicule you for not accepting and supporting.

It's time to let the dead bury their own dead.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2018, 06:15:04 pm »

Right now, conservatism is the patient.  Have you a diagnosis for this --- one that looks inward instead of out?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2018, 06:18:19 pm »
I wish, hope, pray that the GOP will eventually address the debt. The debt is growing and becoming unsustainable and it’s going to bite us hard one day
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 06:21:40 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2018, 06:18:43 pm »
Right now, conservatism is the patient.  Have you a diagnosis for this --- one that looks inward instead of out?

Yes.  Conservatism needs to take it's ball and go to a party that still holds true to the Constitution and the beliefs that define conservatism.

40% of Americans consider themselves Conservative.

It's clear the GOP doesn't want to represent the base of the party anymore.  We shouldn't support them.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2018, 06:19:50 pm »

So what polices of Trump's do you oppose? And on what basis do you consider those policies are
not conservative? If you are defending Bushism then you are not defending conservatism you are
defending neoconservatism. To this old palocon Trump looks like the most conservative president
since Ike.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2018, 06:20:54 pm »
Yes.  Conservatism needs to take it's ball and go to a party that still holds true to the Constitution and the beliefs that define conservatism.

It's clear the GOP doesn't want to represent the base of the party anymore.  We shouldn't support them.

@txradioguy
Conservatives need to quit fighting with each other.  Quit telling each other they are the more perfect version of conservative and all others are unworthy.

Then conservatives need to join together as a group.  Donate money to good candidates and encourage others to adopt more conservative positions.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2018, 06:33:58 pm »

No.  Wrong.

Conservatism is not the patient.  It's principles are merely nutrients - Conservatism in itself is not an entity.   

It's your party and you party loyalists who have misidentified the patient.   Principles are not a patient.  It's YOUR PARTY that is seriously lacking them after essentially declaring those principles to be a harmful hazard.

Just because you and your party have decided it hates "spinach" and decrees it cannot get enough support to make it part of the foundational diet - does not render the nutritional value of said spinach 'sick' and in need of rehabilitation.

It is your party that is sick, not Conservative principles.  Conservative principles are the vitamin that motivates the being.  Vitamins are not the being itself.  Conservatism was the source of strength, vitality, purpose and reason that your party has discarded wholesale for sugar-coated liberal Statism they have declared to be the new 'spinach'.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 06:34:56 pm by INVAR »

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2018, 06:35:04 pm »

So your plan is to take your marbles and roam the outer hinterlands of the political landscape.  Sure, why not--

Any of these "40%" under the age of 40?  If not, the conservative expiration date will accelerate.

The 80's are over.  Sorry, but they just are.  Don't equate one moment in GOP history as "the base".  Conservatives are a minority within a minority party.   Perhaps it's time to stop inflating the conservative place in American politics .... and instead learn to work and play well with others.  Who knows, this might even garner some converts.   :shrug:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2018, 06:37:47 pm »
So what polices of Trump's do you oppose? And on what basis do you consider those policies are
not conservative? If you are defending Bushism then you are not defending conservatism you are
defending neoconservatism. To this old palocon Trump looks like the most conservative president
since Ike.

Lack of fiscal responsibility

Huge "infrastructure" expenditures and protection for entitlements.

Pro Kelo eminent domain.

Against returning federal lands to the states thinks the Feds are doing a "wonderful job" managing lands they seized from the states.

Continued funding of planned parenthood.

Do I seriously have to explain to you why those aren't Conservative?

I'm not defending Bushism...until Obama came along he held the record for the President who increased the federal deficit by the largest amount in the history of the Country.

I'm defending Reagan style Conservatism.  The style of Conservatism that led to the two biggest landslide victories in the history of the U.S. and started an economic tidal wave that lasted early into the Bush 43 administration.

THAT is the kind of Conservatism I'm talking about.

As far as Ike goes...He accepted and in some cases even expanded the New Deal.  He was the first demand-side Keynesian in the White House, and like many presidents after him, he listened to the people who said productivity (supply) doesn't matter as long as spending grows. It took nearly 30 years for Congress to realize that paying perpetually higher prices for the same bundle of goods was leading us down the road to perdition. We still haven't fixed the policy problems from the post-war era.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2018, 06:38:04 pm »
No.  Wrong.

Conservatism is not the patient.  It's principles are merely nutrients - Conservatism in itself is not an entity.   

It's your party and you party loyalists who have misidentified the patient.   Principles are not a patient.  It's YOUR PARTY that is seriously lacking them after essentially declaring those principles to be a harmful hazard.

Just because you and your party have decided it hates "spinach" and decrees it cannot get enough support to make it part of the foundational diet - does not render the nutritional value of said spinach 'sick' and in need of rehabilitation.

It is your party that is sick, not Conservative principles.  Conservative principles are the vitamin that motivates the being.  Vitamins are not the being itself.  Conservatism was the source of strength, vitality, purpose and reason that your party has discarded wholesale for sugar-coated liberal Statism they have declared to be the new 'spinach'.

If you don't wish to belong to the GOP, then why do you care about those of us who remain?   If you seek the party's demise,  how are you effectively any different than a liberal?   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2018, 06:41:11 pm »
@txradioguy
Conservatives need to quit fighting with each other.  Quit telling each other they are the more perfect version of conservative and all others are unworthy.

Then conservatives need to join together as a group.  Donate money to good candidates and encourage others to adopt more conservative positions.   

What I hear more than what you say Conservatives are doing to each other...what I continue to hear is how we aren't needed anymore...what an anachronism we are and how we need to get rid of our antiquated love of the Constitution...the Founding Fathers and and get with the program and latch onto the populism that has become the GOP.

The Conservatives for the most part have banded together...you can see it in the declining GOP turnout since 43 was elected.

They've voted with both their pocketbook and their feet towards the exit door of the GOP.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2018, 06:41:43 pm »
So your plan is to take your marbles and roam the outer hinterlands of the political landscape.  Sure, why not--

Yup, that's the plan.  And while I don't know whether 40% of Americans are conservative, what I do know is that those who don't seek to work for change within the vehicle of the GOP are imbeciles whose complaints deserve to be ignored. 

Only coalitions win elections.  Only coalitions can effectively govern.     

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2018, 06:42:00 pm »
If you don't wish to belong to the GOP, then why do you care about those of us who remain?   If you seek the party's demise,  how are you effectively any different than a liberal?

You send your money to the DNC and merely come here to harass normal decent people.

Why do you honestly care.  It's not like you're ever going to do anything to help the GOP.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2018, 06:43:42 pm »
You send your money to the DNC and merely come here to harass normal decent people.

Why do you honestly care.  It's not like you're ever going to do anything to help the GOP.

See my post # 70.

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2018, 06:47:41 pm »
Lack of fiscal responsibility

Huge "infrastructure" expenditures and protection for entitlements.

Pro Kelo eminent domain.

Against returning federal lands to the states thinks the Feds are doing a "wonderful job" managing lands they seized from the states.

Continued funding of planned parenthood.

Do I seriously have to explain to you why those aren't Conservative?

Do I seriously have to explain to you that you are missing the point? 

The problem for conservatives is not the messages .... it's the messengers.  They're belligerent, uncaring, judgmental, didactic, robotic, unattractive on all levels and thoroughly unlikeable.   

Voters need to see the humanity in a candidate.  Conservatives would do very well to study THIS.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2018, 06:51:30 pm »
Absolutely one constant is true - and I have seen this played out countless times in decades of service in the churches across the land.

An Apostate Church that adopts doctrines heretical to their foundation in order to make their congregation more attractive to the public and grow their denomination - will ALWAYS fully corrupt those who decide to remain in the congregation and 'fix' and 'restore' the church to recapture it's discarded truths.

A little leaven, leavens the entire lump (Galatians 5:9).  You cannot undo that process once the dough is infected with yeast spores.

Sin and antithetical heresies brought into a body and accepted and not rejected by that body, will take over that body in total and consume it and everyone in it.

Like a church congregation - the Republican Party has become leavened with Leftists and Liberal Statists preaching big government anti-Constitutional heresy.  It has already infected the leadership and a huge bulk of their supporters.

There is no saving the GOP from doctrines heretical to liberty.  If you value the principles of limited Government, individual liberty and fiscal responsibility - then remaining in an apostate party will eventually corrupt your principles, and you will accept those ideas anathema to what you currently believe in.

They call it 'pragmatism'.

I've watched many a congregation fall to the same fundamental transformations of apostasy and corrupt a body that is only interested in 'winning' more people into pews and bigger donations to build larger fellowship halls.

But in short order, it stands for nothing - and the large worship halls are sparsely attended with their former members scattered into the wind at smaller home fellowships or congregations to retain what they believe without spoil.