Author Topic: Shooting survivor's father admits he altered email exchanges with CNN  (Read 333 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Shooting survivor's father admits he altered email exchanges with CNN
By Brett Samuels - 02/27/18 06:24 PM EST

The father of a survivor of a mass shooting at a Florida high school admitted Tuesday that he altered an email exchange between him and CNN before sending it to other news outlets.

The Associated Press reported that Glenn Haab acknowledged omitting some words from an email conversation with a CNN producer, but said he did not do it on purpose.

The exchange stirred controversy after Haab’s son, Colton, said on Fox News that CNN scripted a question for him to ask at a town hall event on school safety and gun laws last week.

Colton is a student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., where 17 people were killed and several others were injured in a Feb. 14 shooting.

Business Insider first reported that CNN and Colton Haab had agreed on a question that he would ask at the network's town hall with lawmakers. Glenn Haab later pulled his son out of the event, saying CNN refused to let Colton read a lengthy speech and instead wanted him to read a scripted question.

The family provided emails to other media to support their claims.

CNN then released its version of the emails, which showed that the producer wanted the student to stick to a question “that he submitted,” a phrase that was omitted in the version released by the family.

Critics of the network, including President Trump seized on the claim that CNN rewrote Haab's question.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/375904-shooting-survivors-father-admits-he-altered-email-exchanges-with-cnn
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

Re: Shooting survivor's father admits he altered email exchanges with CNN
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 12:13:54 am »
Why does our side have such maroons?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 12:21:08 am »
Why does our side have such maroons?

Because they're throwing the fight?  Just thinking out loud here....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 01:54:08 am »
I feel very sorry for this man's son.  I hope the other kids don't give him a hard time when they return to school ;(.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 01:58:47 am »
I feel very sorry for this man's son.  I hope the other kids don't give him a hard time when they return to school ;(.

Hey Laura!  Where you been?  Missed ya!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 05:03:03 am »
Hey Laura!  Where you been?  Missed ya!

@Cyber Liberty
Hi there!  I've been dealing with my 13-year-old monster ;(.  But thanks for asking!  Hope you're having a good week!
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 12:58:35 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
Hi there!  I've been dealing with my 13-year-old monster ;(.  But thanks for asking!  Hope you're having a good week!

I am now, Laura!  I was afraid maybe you lost patience with us fuddy duddies.   :cool:
I will NOT comply.