Author Topic: The Conservative Movement Is Donald Trump  (Read 3657 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: The Conservative Movement Is Donald Trump
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2018, 01:14:13 am »
I'll accept that proudly.   Trump's brand of Conservatism is the ONLY brand that will sell in today's USA.

More like sell out the USA the he's siding with the Dems lately.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2018, 01:22:02 am »
And I am assured this is not a #nevertrump site !!

Doesn't the fact that you posted that sentence prove it is not?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2018, 03:47:33 am »
Then relax @INVAR our President is one.

Have you ever heard of the phrase, 'Not by a country mile'? That, only light years.
Tump is no conservative.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2018, 04:55:07 am »
Have you ever heard of the phrase, 'Not by a country mile'? That, only light years.
Tump is no conservative.

And his recent support for a 25 cent a gallon fuel tax is more proof positive.  The orange hoard seem to be drowning in their delusion.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2018, 05:07:40 am »
And his recent support for a 25 cent a gallon fuel tax is more proof positive.  The orange hoard seem to be drowning in their delusion.

That's right, and there ain't no end of it, since there is no longer any principle to adhere to, anything goes. And they can cheer all of it in masturbatory bliss.

But that ain't Conservatism. Not at all.

Offline corbe

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2018, 05:12:35 am »
    That 25 cent/ gallon gas tax will pretty much wipe out that Tax Cut for most people, so his only major legislative effort in 2017  was all for naught.  Hey, but we're winning.   $MAGA
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2018, 05:20:16 am »
    That 25 cent/ gallon gas tax will pretty much wipe out that Tax Cut for most people, so his only major legislative effort in 2017  was all for naught.
If it goes through, yes it will. So will the tariffs either put into place now or in the planning.

And so will the metastasised federal spending.

It may not be long before we're thinking it was a nice tax cut while it lasted.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 05:20:37 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2018, 05:49:30 am »
Don't worry, they'll find a way to blame "Big Oil" in a couple of years and demand they get fuel free.

Obamagas from the Trump Pump.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2018, 06:08:44 am »
That's right, and there ain't no end of it, since there is no longer any principle to adhere to, anything goes. And they can cheer all of it in masturbatory bliss.

They have already gleefully told us that the kind of Principled Constitutional Conservatism that we believe in, cannot 'win' anymore in America. They told us that they fully embrace and prefer Trump's Nationalist Social Populism as the redefined 'Conservatism' that trumps 'outdated' principles.

But that ain't Conservatism. Not at all.

No it's not.  But they are going to continue to insist that it is, preaching to everyone that Big Statist Government is a 'Conservative" value.

As long as the insults, derision and punishment of those they hate continue.

They have become the very thing they supposedly were fighting against, which is what happens when you discard your foundations and tie them to a political savior.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2018, 01:50:10 pm »
To paraphrase Joseph Epstein,  I approve of just about everything Trump has done, and disapprove of just about everything he says.

There's the essential dilemma.   I don't know how to resolve it, because the man is incorrigible.   But I will be looking in 2020 for someone who can continue Trump's policies while making me proud of the President as a man and symbol of the nation.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline libertybele

« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2018, 02:32:16 pm »
To paraphrase Joseph Epstein,  I approve of just about everything Trump has done, and disapprove of just about everything he says.

There's the essential dilemma.   I don't know how to resolve it, because the man is incorrigible.   But I will be looking in 2020 for someone who can continue Trump's policies while making me proud of the President as a man and symbol of the nation.

So what exactly are Trump's policies?  Amnesty?   No wall?  Banning bump stocks?  Expanding the national debt? Raising the gas tax?  Giving his AG a free pass?  Allowing the corruption within the DOJ and FBI to continue?  Continuing Bammycare?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2018, 02:35:19 pm »
So what exactly are Trump's policies?  Amnesty?   No wall?  Banning bump stocks?  Expanding the national debt? Raising the gas tax?  Giving his AG a free pass?  Allowing the corruption within the DOJ and FBI to continue?  Continuing Bammycare?

Why do you think Jazzy is in approval of what Trump has done?  It fits his Liberal view of how the world should be run.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2018, 02:59:16 pm »

Depends on what day it is.

One more cup of coffee and it will be time to walk the dog. More productive than listening to the Orange Brigadiers interpreting the latest missives coming from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2018, 03:19:19 pm »

Well, off the top of my head:  the appointment of Neal Gorsuch and other conservatives to the Federal bench,  the removal of growth-strangling regulations,  the decision to move our embassy to Jerusalem,  the opening of the Keystone pipeline, the repeal of the ObamaCare individual mandate and tax reform that has already driven the stock market to record levels.

And so far he hasn't yet moved on the really stupid, know-nothing stuff, like the wall and immigration and trade restrictions that would cripple economic growth.   So he's still on my good side, policy-wise.  Now if he could only acquire the discipline to shut his mouth.   

Offline libertybele

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2018, 07:23:35 pm »
Well, off the top of my head:  the appointment of Neal Gorsuch and other conservatives to the Federal bench,  the removal of growth-strangling regulations,  the decision to move our embassy to Jerusalem,  the opening of the Keystone pipeline, the repeal of the ObamaCare individual mandate and tax reform that has already driven the stock market to record levels.

And so far he hasn't yet moved on the really stupid, know-nothing stuff, like the wall and immigration and trade restrictions that would cripple economic growth.   So he's still on my good side, policy-wise.  Now if he could only acquire the discipline to shut his mouth.   

Really?  The individual mandate has been repealed?  Effective when?   Tax reform?  Those $$ will be eaten up by his new and improved gas tax that he wants to implement.  Keystone pipeline?  As far as I can assess it still hasn't been built and there are still hurdles to it being built.

If you consider the wall and immigration stupid stuff then why did he campaign on those issues which garnered the support that he received?

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2018, 07:34:01 pm »
Really?  The individual mandate has been repealed?  Effective when?   Tax reform?  Those $$ will be eaten up by his new and improved gas tax that he wants to implement.  Keystone pipeline?  As far as I can assess it still hasn't been built and there are still hurdles to it being built.

If you consider the wall and immigration stupid stuff then why did he campaign on those issues which garnered the support that he received?

Look, I understand - you dislike  the man and I want to give him a chance.  Pile on to your heart's content - but the facts should be apparent to any conservative that he's had some real pro-growth, pro-liberty policy successes (and at least so far, backed off of the worst of the anti-immigrant stuff that I disagree with.)   
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 07:46:39 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2018, 07:36:52 pm »
Look, I understand - you despise the man and I want to give him a chance.  Pile on to your heart's content - but the facts should be apparent to any thinking conservative that he's had some real pro-growth, pro-liberty policy successes (and at least so far, backed off of the worst of the know-nothing crap that you demand.)

Hah!  I knew you would skirt @libertybele's questions completely. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2018, 07:46:38 pm »
Look, I understand - you despise the man and I want to give him a chance.  Pile on to your heart's content - but the facts should be apparent to any thinking conservative that he's had some real pro-growth, pro-liberty policy successes (and at least so far, backed off of the worst of the know-nothing crap that you demand.)

Pro-growth does not make one conservative and IMHO if he truly were pro-liberty, he sure as heck wouldn't offer citizenship to ILLEGALS.  The additional problem with Trump granting amnesty Jazz is that he just handed millions of voters over to the DEMS and above all he is willing to relinquish our sovereignty.

You have your opinion, that's fine.  I know better than to continue this conversation with you.  You have your liberal ideals and that's certainly you're choice.  I prefer to take the stance of defending this country against ALL enemies; foreign and domestic. I prefer to honor the Constitution and refuse to trample on any amendment because it doesn't fit into 'modern' day liberal mentality or political correctness.

End of discussion.  Peace.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2018, 07:47:38 pm »

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2018, 07:52:55 pm »
Really?  The individual mandate has been repealed?  Effective when?   Tax reform?  Those $$ will be eaten up by his new and improved gas tax that he wants to implement.
@libertybele
You forgot to mention:

a) The already-in-place new tariffs on (wait for it!) washing machines, and the intended new tariffs on steel and aluminum; and,
b) That trillion-dollar "infrastructure" plan which will become either a) a magnet for pork barreling or b) a magnet for the state and local pols who stand
to get much of the dough and, as usual, will probably spend it on things unneeded and unaffordable even after the money is spent, and guess who's going to make
up the differences;
c) All of which, in hand with the proposed gas tax, are more likely to have us looking back and saying it was a nice tax cut while it lasted.

(If a new gas tax, tariffs on washers that basically tell consumers, "You haven't been buying the washing machines I want you to buy, so I'm going to make you
buy what I think you should buy no matter how superior your LG or your Samsung is to the Whirlpool I want you to buy," and new tariffs on steel and aluminum
equal "pro growth," I'm the Venus de Milo. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to put a load of laundry into my LG. Eff Whirlpool.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 07:57:03 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2018, 09:43:47 pm »
tariffs on washers that basically tell consumers, "You haven't been buying the washing machines I want you to buy, so I'm going to make you
buy what I think you should buy no matter how superior your LG or your Samsung is to the Whirlpool I want you to buy

@EasyAce

Exactly.  Giving a giant middle finger to Americans, telling them to spend more on what they don't want.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline libertybele

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2018, 09:55:54 pm »
@libertybele
You forgot to mention:

a) The already-in-place new tariffs on (wait for it!) washing machines, and the intended new tariffs on steel and aluminum; and,
b) That trillion-dollar "infrastructure" plan which will become either a) a magnet for pork barreling or b) a magnet for the state and local pols who stand
to get much of the dough and, as usual, will probably spend it on things unneeded and unaffordable even after the money is spent, and guess who's going to make
up the differences;
c) All of which, in hand with the proposed gas tax, are more likely to have us looking back and saying it was a nice tax cut while it lasted.

(If a new gas tax, tariffs on washers that basically tell consumers, "You haven't been buying the washing machines I want you to buy, so I'm going to make you
buy what I think you should buy no matter how superior your LG or your Samsung is to the Whirlpool I want you to buy," and new tariffs on steel and aluminum
equal "pro growth," I'm the Venus de Milo. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to put a load of laundry into my LG. Eff Whirlpool.)

So ... in reality, it really seems that the issues he campaigned on; amnesty, the wall, and repeal of Bammycare were nothing more than a ploy to rally followers who were fed up with big government and swamp creatures.  His other objective was to ensure that conservatism was silenced.  Yet his supporters continue to rally around him as he does exactly what they voted against - the liberal establishment!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2018, 10:10:32 pm »

The individual mandate was repealed with the tax cut.  it goes into effect in 2019.  I assume they had to pass it before they could enact it.  The Keystone pipeline is built and has been transporting oil since 2010.  The keystone XL portion is the part that President Trump has expedited by cutting environmental red tape.  TransCanada believes construction could begin in 2019.

The taxcut is law the gastax is proposed.  Why blame President Trump for what he has not done?  He also proposed repealing Obamacare and building a wall, yet you do not give him credit for proposing them.

Here is what Heritage Foundation says http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,305937.0.html
In Heritage’s review of Trump’s moves so far, they highlighted these actions:

•     Leaving the Paris Climate Accord: In August 2017, Trump announced the U.S. was ending its funding and membership in the Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
  •     Repealing Net Neutrality: In December 2017, Trump’s Federal Communications Commission chairman proposed ending the 2015 network neutrality rules.
  •     Reshaping National Monuments: Heritage’s recommendation to prohibit Land Acquisition (Cap and Reduce the Size of the Federal Estate) was adopted by Trump when he issued two executive orders effectively shrinking the size of national monuments in Utah.
  •     Reinstating the Mexico City Policy: This executive order prevents taxpayer money from funding international groups involved in abortion and ending funding to the United Nations Population fund. On Jan. 23, 2017, in his first pro-life action, Trump signed an executive order today reinstating the Mexico City Policy.
  •     Increasing Military Spending: Trump’s budget calls for a $54 billion increase in military spending to improve capacity, capability, and readiness of America’s armed forces.
  •     Reforming Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Program (TANF): The Trump administration adopted and is in favor of strengthening existing work requirements in order to receive benefits.
  •     Allowing Development of Natural Resources: The Trump administration opened off-shore drilling and on federal lands. Executive Order 13783 directed Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke to commence federal land coal leasing activities.
  •     Reforming Government Agencies: Trump tasked each of his Cabinet secretaries to prepare detailed plans on how they propose to reduce the scope and size of their respective departments while streamlining services and ensuring each department runs more efficiently and handles tax dollars appropriately.
  •     Withdrawing from UNESCO: In October 2017, Trump announced he was putting an end to U.S. membership in the United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).

Trump put out his own list of accomplishments 2 months ago
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/year-one-list-81-major-trump-achievements-11-obama-legacy-items-repealed/article/2644159

There is plenty for conservatives to like about President Trump, and none of this should be a surprise or be unknown to any of us.  Does it make up for abandoning the wall, unrestrained government spending, and our own personal lists of Trump failures?  Clearly not for you, and I'll join you in your assessment that President Trump is terrible, but probably for different reasons. 

For instance President Trump came out, all guns blazing, saying Mexico was sending rapists and drug dealers to America.  He was going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it.  He got everybody worked up and when the legislation hit the floor he went golfing.

There are people who think illegals are invading America...stealing jobs and collecting welfare, getting free healthcare while spreading disease, committing crime while clogging our prisons.  Other people think republicans would prefer to gas illegals, but would settle for rounding them up and shipping them out and mining the border.  The rhetoric becomes more acidic when filtered through the alt-right and the fake news.

In my opinion President Trump has made the problem worse.

My point is Trump supporters have a solid case for Trump's conservatism, if they only look at the list of accomplishments outside of the man himself, his epic failures, and the damage he and his followers have done to conservatism and the country.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2018, 10:11:40 pm »
So ... in reality, it really seems that the issues he campaigned on; amnesty, the wall, and repeal of Bammycare were nothing more than a ploy to rally followers who were fed up with big government and swamp creatures.  His other objective was to ensure that conservatism was silenced.  Yet his supporters continue to rally around him as he does exactly what they voted against - the liberal establishment!

Otherwise known as the Jim Jones effect.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2018, 10:16:08 pm »
@EasyAce

Exactly.  Giving a giant middle finger to Americans, telling them to spend more on what they don't want.
@Suppressed
You could almost say it was, "Sure, I'll cut your taxes, but if I do you're going to buy what I want you to buy, and never mind what you really need or really
want. You want to keep buying those LGs and Samsungs and ignore the Great Whirlpool? Why, I'll just tariff the living you-know-what out of LG and Samsung
and for good measure I think I'll think about tariffing the hell out of steel and aluminum. What's that? Washing machines are made out of steel and aluminum,
too? Who asked you? You're fake news!"