Author Topic: Police Officers Sound Off On School Deputy and Sheriff  (Read 1086 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Police Officers Sound Off On School Deputy and Sheriff
« on: February 25, 2018, 04:40:31 pm »
Police Officers Sound Off On School Deputy and Sheriff

February 23, 2018 by Sharon Aron Baron

By: Sharon Aron Baron

South Florida law enforcement officers are sounding off after the news broke that Deputy Scot Peterson along with three others never went after the gunman who killed 17 at Marjory Stoneman Douglas.

On Thursday, Broward Sheriff Scott Israel announced that Peterson, 54, resigned after an investigation revealed that Peterson, a school resource officer who Israel said was supposed to protect the school, never entered the building while it was under attack by gunman Nikolas Cruz.

Law enforcement officers, many from the Broward Sheriff’s Office, speaking out on online forums frequented by officers, are angry at not only the deputy, but the sheriff, and have posted their thoughts anonymously.

more
http://coralspringstalk.com/police-officers-sound-off-on-school-deputy-and-sheriff-18605
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Police Officers Sound Off On School Deputy and Sheriff
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 04:46:41 pm »
Law enforcement officers, many from the Broward Sheriff’s Office, speaking out on online forums frequented by officers, are angry at not only the deputy, but the sheriff, and have posted their thoughts anonymously.

Well, they need to do it publicly, if they can provide testimony to the problems within the department and incompetence of the leadership.  It's doubtful they will, however, because the community will rally around the sheriff and deputy.  They understand holding them accountable will undercut their efforts to attack gun ownership, the NRA, and 2A.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 04:55:03 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 04:47:10 pm »
Israel should join Peterson
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 04:52:11 pm »
Best summary of epic fail Israel from the article:

"This narcissistic Sheriff tells the world the SRD’s name and basically calls that deputy a coward, but what about you Israel? WHAT ABOUT YOU bleep? Are you too busy pandering to the Wilton Manors residents, showing them the new wraps for gay pride you’re gonna put on cruisers? Looking to take another photo-op with the criminal Hillary Clinton? Too busy pandering to CAIR scheduling a recruitment fair at a CAIR controlled Mosque? You Israel have failed too many times the people of Broward and your mistakes for lack of STRONG LEADERSHIP HAVE COST PEOPLE LIVES. You are not a Sheriff….leader of men, but a piece of crap looking for the next PR opportunity from some immoral anti-American group. Best thing you can do is resign! If not, I believe the Governor will!”

The inept sheriff needs to pay.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 05:01:51 pm »
One of my fav's

“This narcissistic Sheriff tells the world the SRD’s name and basically calls that deputy a coward, but what about you Israel? WHAT ABOUT YOU bleep? Are you too busy pandering to the Wilton Manors residents, showing them the new wraps for gay pride you’re gonna put on cruisers? Looking to take another photo-op with the criminal Hillary Clinton? Too busy pandering to CAIR scheduling a recruitment fair at a CAIR controlled Mosque? You Israel have failed too many times the people of Broward and your mistakes for lack of STRONG LEADERSHIP HAVE COST PEOPLE LIVES. You are not a Sheriff….leader of men, but a piece of crap looking for the next PR opportunity from some immoral anti-American group. Best thing you can do is resign! If not, I believe the Governor will!”
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline thackney

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 11:30:45 pm »
He’s The Heroic Police Officer Who Charged into Douglas High School in Shorts and a T-Shirt to Save Lives
http://tribunist.com/news/hes-the-heroic-police-officer-who-charged-into-douglas-high-school-in-shorts-and-a-t-shirt-to-save-lives/

....We can now thank Sgt. Jeff Heinrich of the Coral Springs Police Department. Sgt. Heinrich was off duty and unarmed at the time of the shooting. He has close ties to the school, and was actually on campus, watering a baseball field, when the shooting started.

Sgt. Heinrich’s wife is an assistant athletic director at the school. His son is a student. Sgt. Heinrich was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, and was unarmed.

When the fire alarm went off, he didn’t think it was unusual. The panic that ensued changed his mind. When he heard shots, he ran toward the sound of the gunfire. On his way to the school, he found a student who had been shot in the leg. Sgt. Heinrich moved the boy to a dugout and stabilized him with supplies in the baseball team’s first-aid kit.

He then ran back to the school. There, he met a Coral Springs SWAT team member who had extra gear. Sgt. Heinrich threw on an extra vest (one that wasn’t rated to stop rifle fire). The SWAT officer handed over his sidearm so Sgt. Heinrich wouldn’t be unarmed, and they entered the building.

Sgt. Heinrich ran into the chaos. He didn’t wait outside. The officers from Coral Springs led the way. Behind them, paramedics were able to triage and treat the wounded. The SWAT medics from Coral Springs provided crucial support....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline WingNot

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 11:49:15 pm »
News tonight said 84 FL legislators signed a letter to Gov Scott asking him to fire Israel.

Offline edpc

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 11:53:48 pm »
News tonight said 84 FL legislators signed a letter to Gov Scott asking him to fire Israel.

Is that from the state House and Senate?  That would be just north of 50% between the two.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 11:56:33 pm »

Is that from the state House and Senate?  That would be just north of 50% between the two.

Not sure and I can't find it in a google.

Offline edpc

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 12:09:21 am »
Sheriff says only one deputy at fault in Florida school shooting

(Reuters) - Only one sheriff's deputy failed to stop the gunman who killed 17 people at a Florida high school, the Broward County sheriff said on Sunday, dismissing reports that other deputies did not enter the school during the attack as unverified.

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel also said his department acted properly in at least 16 of the 18 calls it received before the massacre, warning that Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old suspect, was dangerous.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sheriff-says-only-one-deputy-fault-florida-school-174835275.html

I wish Tapper would have asked why this deputy was receiving protection outside his home - more protection than they gave the school children.

http://www.businessinsider.com/parkland-shooting-officer-resigns-deputies-sent-to-protect-his-family-2018-2
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 12:11:01 am by edpc »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 01:12:13 am »

Probably this letter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/richardcorcoran/status/967839134151774210
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WingNot

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 01:19:42 am »
Probably this letter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/richardcorcoran/status/967839134151774210

I don't do twitter but I found the #BrowardCowards  Very funny! I hope it is what do they say..."trending"

Offline verga

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 01:41:18 am »
He’s The Heroic Police Officer Who Charged into Douglas High School in Shorts and a T-Shirt to Save Lives
http://tribunist.com/news/hes-the-heroic-police-officer-who-charged-into-douglas-high-school-in-shorts-and-a-t-shirt-to-save-lives/

....We can now thank Sgt. Jeff Heinrich of the Coral Springs Police Department. Sgt. Heinrich was off duty and unarmed at the time of the shooting. He has close ties to the school, and was actually on campus, watering a baseball field, when the shooting started.

Sgt. Heinrich’s wife is an assistant athletic director at the school. His son is a student. Sgt. Heinrich was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, and was unarmed.

When the fire alarm went off, he didn’t think it was unusual. The panic that ensued changed his mind. When he heard shots, he ran toward the sound of the gunfire. On his way to the school, he found a student who had been shot in the leg. Sgt. Heinrich moved the boy to a dugout and stabilized him with supplies in the baseball team’s first-aid kit.

He then ran back to the school. There, he met a Coral Springs SWAT team member who had extra gear. Sgt. Heinrich threw on an extra vest (one that wasn’t rated to stop rifle fire). The SWAT officer handed over his sidearm so Sgt. Heinrich wouldn’t be unarmed, and they entered the building.

Sgt. Heinrich ran into the chaos. He didn’t wait outside. The officers from Coral Springs led the way. Behind them, paramedics were able to triage and treat the wounded. The SWAT medics from Coral Springs provided crucial support....
@thackney that is what they are supposed to do.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.