Author Topic: Jake Tapper takes Broward County sheriff to task for failure to stop high school shooter: Watch  (Read 515 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jake Tapper takes Broward County sheriff to task for failure to stop high school shooter: Watch
by Kyle Feldscher | Feb 25, 2018, 9:43 AM

CNN anchor Jake Tapper took Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel to task Sunday morning after his department received more than 20 warnings about the former Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student who killed 17 people earlier this month.

Tapper interviewed Israel on CNN’s “State of the Union” for about 30 minutes Sunday, grilling him for his office’s failure to stop Nikolas Cruz before he took a rifle to the Parkland, Fla, high school. When Israel refused to take responsibility for something not being done about Cruz in the months before the shooting, Tapper was incredulous.

“Are you really not taking any responsibility for the multiple red flags that were brought to the attention of the Broward sheriff's office about this shooter before this incident, whether it was people near him, close to him calling the police?” Tapper asked.

Israel responded, “Jake, I can only take responsibility for what I knew about. I exercised my due diligence. I've given amazing leadership to this agency.”

more w/video
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/jake-tapper-takes-broward-county-sheriff-to-task-for-failure-to-stop-high-school-shooter-watch/article/2649981
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Too damn bad, Jake.  You were a willing participant and pawn in this disgraceful town hall meeting.  Don’t act like you were misled, used, and outraged now.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

BassWrangler

What a douchenozzle this sherriff is. I read he is up for reelection soon, and there are three Democrats running against him in the primary and a Republican in the general election. I may actually give money to a democrat campaign for the first time - whichever of his challengers is the most viable.

Offline edpc

Professional obnoxious punkass David Hogg refused to condemn the sheriff on This Week, but was more than eager to blame the NRA.

BassWrangler

Check this out: Apparently the Florida Governor has the power to remove him for incompetence:

http://cbs12.com/news/local/lawmaker-asks-gov-scott-to-remove-broward-sheriff-scott-israel-after-parkland-shooting

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Check this out: Apparently the Florida Governor has the power to remove him for incompetence:

http://cbs12.com/news/local/lawmaker-asks-gov-scott-to-remove-broward-sheriff-scott-israel-after-parkland-shooting

Knowing our Gov.  He is probably doing some polling to see what affect/effect the removal of the Sheriff in Coward County will do to his job approval numbers.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 04:01:25 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

Knowing our Gov.  He is probably doing some polling to see what affect/effect the removal of the Sheriff in Coward County will do to his job approval numbers.

That and it would be preceded by an inquiry by an outside group.  The FBI has no credibility here and I’m not sure if FL has any state investigative organization besides the Highway Patrol.  LEOs tend to cover for each other, anyway.

Offline Concerned

I'm glad to see somebody calling out this sheriff on his apparent incompetence.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sheriff Scott Israel, Broward County, Florida One-on-One with Jake Tapper
CNN, Feb 25, 2018, YouTube

Direct link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb32uoCCi2Q&feature=youtu.be

! No longer available

(Warning .... the first minute is on gun control ... might want to just skip it.)

After hearing this SOB I am convinced Israel should NOT conduct any investigation.

It's a pretty fair interview by Tapper ... Israel is a double-talking liar.

Broward County Sheriff: I’ve Given ‘Amazing Leadership’ to Department
Washington Free Beacon, Feb 25, 2018, David Rutz

Embattled Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said he had provided "amazing leadership" to his department on Sunday, drawing disbelief from CNN host Jake Tapper.

Tapper pressed Israel during a nearly half-hour interview about the response of his department before and during the Stoneman Douglas high school shooting in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 dead.

Israel announced Thursday that school resource officer Scot Peterson had been suspended and decided to retire rather than be terminated after learning Peterson failed to enter the school during the massacre and engage the shooter.

Israel also defended the conduct of his department in response to the 18 calls its deputies got about the killer, Nikolas Cruz, including fears he could be a "school shooter in the making." No report was initiated upon that tip.

Tapper asked Israel, who participated in CNN's town hall on guns on Wednesday and called for stronger gun control laws, if he could see how the public would be critical when it saw so many red flags go ignored by the department.

More: http://freebeacon.com/politics/broward-county-sheriff-i-provided-amazing-leadership-to-department/

Offline edpc

I'm glad to see somebody calling out this sheriff on his apparent incompetence.

Tapper realizes how insincere and staged the townhall event was, now.  At around the 10:00 minute mark in the full interview, he asked Israel when he was aware of Peterson's failure to enter the building.  He waffles about being informed earlier in the day of the townhall, but not confirming it until the following day.  This is both convenient and not believable.  I'm positive he was fully aware of the circumstances prior to the broadcast event, but knew it would undercut his 'amazing leadership' and argument against the NRA.  The entire reason for his appearance was to shore up his job and patronize the crowd.  Watch the two events and see the lies unfold.  This sheriff is a disgrace.

! No longer available

! No longer available
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 06:23:41 pm by edpc »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln