Author Topic: Quincy Jones, In Conversation (talks Jacko, The Beatles, Ivanka Trump and the Clintons)  (Read 1091 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/quincy-jones-in-conversation.html

Some of the highlights:

Michael Jackson: "He stole a lot of songs... as Machiavellian as they come. Greedy, man. Greedy."

Hillary Clinton: "When you keep secrets, they backfire. This is something else that I shouldn't be talking about."

The Beatles: "The worst musicians in the world. No-playing MF'ers."

On whether the allegations against Bill Cosby surprised him: "We can't talk about this in public, man."

Donald Trump: "Limited mentally, a megalomaniac, narcissistic."

Ivanka Trump: "I used to date Ivanka, you know (...) She's a fine MF'er. She had the most beautiful legs I saw in my life."

Religion: "The Catholics have a religion based on fear, smoke, and murder. And the biggest gimmick in the world is confession: “You tell me what you did wrong and it’ll be okay.” Come on. And almost everywhere you go in the world, the biggest structures are the Catholic churches. It’s money, man."

His mother: "Her dementia praecox could’ve been cured with vitamin B, but she couldn’t get it because she was black."

(Much more at the link.Warning: as the excerpts imply there is some strong NSFW language involved.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline skeeter

Sounds like Quincy's been spending too much time behind that Wall of Sound.

Or do I have my producers mixed up?

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
There may be some dementia involved. Still, he was brilliant in his day. It's interesting that he thinks U2's new stuff is not good. Of course it isn't.

I believe Wall of Sound was Spector
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 09:32:51 pm by Restored »
Countdown to Resignation

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I couldn’t stop laughing.  Of course, now I also have a horrible image of Marlon Brando at the Post Office.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
There may be some dementia involved. Still, he was brilliant in his day. It's interesting that he thinks U2's new stuff is not good. Of course it isn't.

I believe Wall of Sound was Spector
The funniest part about the interview is how many times he contradicts himself: warns about keeping secrets, then acts like he has secrets to hide himself. Bashes Trump for his ego, then acts like he's the most innovative producer there ever was. Exhorts astrology, but says religion is a racket.

On the whole, the interview is a hoot.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 09:38:01 pm by jmyrlefuller »

Online mountaineer

The funniest part about the interview is how many times he contradicts himself: warns about keeping secrets, then acts like he has secrets to hide himself.
Given his age, it's possible the mind is slipping - badly.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

Given his age, it's possible the mind is slipping - badly.

I'm having a hard time believing Terry Malloy boffed Harry Monroe.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
He can slag Michael Jackson, the Beatles, Donaldus Minimus, the Catholic Church, but he "shouldn't" talk about Bill Cosby or Hilarious Rodent Clinton publicly.

OK.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
He can slag Michael Jackson, the Beatles, Donaldus Minimus, the Catholic Church, but he "shouldn't" talk about Bill Cosby or Hilarious Rodent Clinton publicly.

OK.

I kinda get the Clinton thing.  The man is 85, but he probably would still like to go out on his own terms.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision