Author Topic: C.D.C. Employee Is Missing Nearly Two Weeks After Leaving Work Sick  (Read 465 times)

Offline Suppressed

C.D.C. Employee Is Missing Nearly Two Weeks After Leaving Work Sick
The New York Times  By CHRISTINA CARON  19 hrs ago
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cdc-employee-is-missing-nearly-two-weeks-after-leaving-work-sick/ar-BBJxmkr

The authorities in Atlanta announced a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and indictment in the case of a missing Centers for Disease Control and Prevention employee who disappeared about two weeks ago.

The employee, Timothy J. Cunningham, 35, was promoted to commander in the United States Public Health Service in July, his family said. According to the police, he was last seen on Feb. 12.

“I feel like I’m in a horrible ‘Black Mirror’ episode,” Commander Cunningham’s sister, Tiara Cunningham, said in a phone interview on Saturday. “I’m kind of lost without him, to be quite honest.”

[...]

“He sounded not like himself,” she said, without elaborating. They ended the conversation the way they always do: “Love you. I’ll talk to you later.”

When she texted him later, she didn’t get a response. Neither did her mother, who tried to contact him that afternoon.

[...]

Their father, Terrell Cunningham, 60, said his son’s supervisor told him that Commander Cunningham had reported for work but that he had left midday because he wasn’t feeling well.

When the family had difficulty contacting him, they asked a relative to check his home. The house and the garage were locked, and two windows were open.

[...]

They used a spare key to enter their son’s home, where he lived alone with his dog, Mr. Bojangles, known as Bo. The dog had been left unattended, which was uncharacteristic for Commander Cunningham, Terrell Cunningham said.

They also discovered their son’s wallet, his cellphone, the keys to his car and various forms of identification, including his driver’s license and passport. His car was in the garage, Terrell Cunningham said.

[...]

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: C.D.C. Employee Is Missing Nearly Two Weeks After Leaving Work Sick
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 10:42:38 pm »
I’d think if you had his kind of background, saying “I’m sick” at that workplace would initiate some sort of protocol.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 10:51:06 pm »
I’d think if you had his kind of background, saying “I’m sick” at that workplace would initiate some sort of protocol.

I'm going to float the idea of the onset of schizophrenia.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 10:54:44 pm »
My first thought was emotional issues, potential suicide.  I hope they find him before harm befalls him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 10:56:13 pm »