Author Topic: The disgraced cop who reportedly left his post during the Florida shooting thought he did “a good jo  (Read 516 times)

rangerrebew

The disgraced cop who reportedly left his post during the Florida shooting thought he did “a good job”
Christabel Duah, February 23, 2018 9:52 am

The sheriff’s deputy who resigned as a school resource officer at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School after an investigation into his failure to engage with the shooter “believed he did a good job,” according to a union official.

Broward County Sheriff’s Office Deputy Scot Peterson was first suspended without pay pending an investigation but tendered his resignation as reports surfaced of footage showing his failure to engage the school shooter during the Parkland massacre. Although armed with a gun, Peterson reportedly arrived outside an entrance to the building where the shooting began one minute prior to the onslaught and waited outside for “upwards of four minutes,” according to Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel.

https://rare.us/rare-news/across-the-u-s-a/the-disgraced-cop-who-reportedly-left-his-post-during-the-florida-shooting-thought-he-did-a-good-job/?utm_medium=ideal-media&utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=e-media&utm_term=68888&utm_content=2194328
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 02:06:00 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Applewood

So why didn't this guy go in?  Cowardice?  Or was it some ridiculous protocol matter?  Has anyone seen an explanation?  I haven't. 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Although reportedly “distraught,” Peterson believed he’d done his “duty” by calling in the location and description of the shooter, reported the NY Post.

Wow! That is something I had not heard before. Peterson claims he was calling in the location and description of the shooter. From where? I read he was outside.

The only way he could call this information in is if he could see the guy. And if he could see the shooter, then why the HELL wasn't he shooting at him!?

From other articles on this subject, I find Peterson's claim that he was calling in information on the shooter to be contradictory and dubious. It makes no sense at all. If he could see some guy killing students then why not just shoot him?

His story sounds like instead of doing anything about it, Peterson was satisfied with simply doing color commentary on what was happening and that's all. I find this very hard to believe.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

I've read that Peterson saw Cruz carrying the duffel bag toward the school, knowing exactly who he was and the warnings about him, and he still did nothing. This is beyond shameful.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I've read that Peterson saw Cruz carrying the duffel bag toward the school, knowing exactly who he was and the warnings about him, and he still did nothing. This is beyond shameful.

If this it true, it would be utterly bizarre in at least two big ways.

First, there are conflicting reports on this but my understanding is that the retard punk had been expelled from the school at the time of the shooting. If Peterson, being the so called campus security officer, saw Cruz on the grounds, obviously he should have approached him to ask why he was there. For what purpose? You are no longer a student here.

Also, what kid brings a duffle bag to school? That should big red flag to anybody. Even out of common curiosity any adult should ask him why? What's in the bag? Especially someone calling himself security.

To sum it up, there was an expelled student on campus walking into the classroom building. He had been seen by security carrying a duffle bag. And nobody thought this may be a little bit strange? Nobody, including Peterson, thought they should stop him and ask him why he is there (since he has no business being there) and what is in the duffle bag?

With all the tips to the School/the FBI/the Police about this kid, combined with the duffle bag on campus, the entire scenario as a whole is simply absurdly unbelievable. When you add that the Sheriff Deputies were hiding and refused to enter the building, you couldn't write a story like this. You couldn't make it up.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 04:06:33 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Meldrew

So why didn't this guy go in?  Cowardice?  Or was it some ridiculous protocol matter?  Has anyone seen an explanation?  I haven't.

There are reports that Sheriff Israel's future political career was predicated on, among other things, a big drop in teenage crime. There are many press reports to this effect in the local papers.  It is alleged that he purposely ordered fewer arrests of teens, even in cases of violence and that Mr Peterson was put into the SRO position because he (and others) was a team player for that cause.  There are also reports that several tips concerning (the killer) were forwarded to Peterson and were effectively buried.  The shooting thus puts Peterson in a heck of a spot when the shooting started. Do what the boss wants vs. doing the right thing (assuming of course he's not just a flat out coward). 

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Sheriff Israel of Coward County needs to be fired.   
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Applewood

There are reports that Sheriff Israel's future political career was predicated on, among other things, a big drop in teenage crime. There are many press reports to this effect in the local papers.  It is alleged that he purposely ordered fewer arrests of teens, even in cases of violence and that Mr Peterson was put into the SRO position because he (and others) was a team player for that cause.  There are also reports that several tips concerning (the killer) were forwarded to Peterson and were effectively buried.  The shooting thus puts Peterson in a heck of a spot when the shooting started. Do what the boss wants vs. doing the right thing (assuming of course he's not just a flat out coward).

You may be right, but it bugs me that I have yet to see an actual explanation of this deputy's actions and inactions.  And it seems that no one among our crack journalists of today has bothered to ask.   Seems we never get the full story -- only whatever fits someone's narrative.