Author Topic: New Lost in Space has a black Judy Robinson, a Hispanic Major West, and a female Dr. Smith  (Read 10586 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I have Netflix. The only thing I'm looking forward to in March is the new season of Trailer Park Boys.

:thumbsup:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

:thumbsup:

After Trudeau dressed up as an Indian, I propose that any leaders visiting Canada, should dress up as the Trailer Park Boys.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
He was on one episode of Lost in Space.  Early in the first season, I believe.

Yep ,Lost in Space episode #20 "War of the Robots" and in episode #60 "Condemned of Space".
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He was also on an episode of Columbo. How cool is that?

Robby did enough movie and TV slots like that he can seriously be considered  "Character Actor."  I should do an ImDB search on "him."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
After Trudeau dressed up as an Indian, I propose that any leaders visiting Canada, should dress up as the Trailer Park Boys.

Off topic, won't be the same with Mr, Lahey gone. RIP.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I pick Ricky, because I can't do a credible version of Bubbles.  I found a YouTube of Bubbles with Rush, performing "Closer to the Heart."
I will NOT comply.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
I pick Ricky, because I can't do a credible version of Bubbles.  I found a YouTube of Bubbles with Rush, performing "Closer to the Heart."

Look for Bubbles with Jackson Browne singing "Kitties are so nice" and "Liquor and whores"

(We really went off topic...so sorry)

Offline andy58-in-nh

At least they won't have a gay robot.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It's Netflix so it won't be happening at my house, even by accident. :shrug:
I'm really starting to get bugged with Netflix, they are so getting blocked from content that a large percentage of their new content on watch instantly is either in house content or freakin Bollywood movies.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
So? Who cares as long as it is good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Danger Danger Will Robinson  was B-9.  Robbie was Forbidden Planet.
The Classics

B-9

Robby

Lost In Space 1998

Tobor

Johnny Sokko Giant Robot  :tongue2:

Maria and Gort

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Gort looks like the robot on the Queen album that gave me nightmares.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 08:19:00 pm by Freya »

Offline Frank Cannon

I have Netflix. The only thing I'm looking forward to in March is the new season of Trailer Park Boys.

The new season might suck. Mr Lahey is dead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I think the discussion centers around the fact that it 's almost impossible to be "good" when the producers seem to be more concerned with having a diverse cast than actually writing good plots for them, and believable character development. 

Then there's the issue of attempting to reboot a series that already has a great deal of prior character development.  That's always problematic.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Gort looks like the robot on the Queen album that gave me nightmares.

I believe this was taken from the cover of Isaac Asimov's Astounding (May have been one of the I Robot covers).

« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 09:28:29 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

I believe this was taken from the cover of Isaac Asimov's Astounding (May have been one of the I Robot covers).

I Robot.

:nometalk:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I Robot.

:nometalk:

Not the Alan Parsons album, dipstick!  (A great album!  Looooved it!!  Had it in vinyl, 8-track and cassette.  And got it on iTunes.)
I will NOT comply.

Online kevindavis007

I agree..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline WingNot

Not the Alan Parsons album, dipstick!  (A great album!  Looooved it!!  Had it in vinyl, 8-track and cassette.  And got it on iTunes.)

What's an 8-Trac Grampa LOL  !
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 10:26:52 pm by Wingnut »

Offline dfwgator

That and "Pyramid".

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Another reboot? As if we don't have enough rehashed ideas already...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I think the discussion centers around the fact that it 's almost impossible to be "good" when the producers seem to be more concerned with having a diverse cast than actually writing good plots for them, and believable character development. 

Then there's the issue of attempting to reboot a series that already has a great deal of prior character development.  That's always problematic.

I think it is perfectly fair in this context to point to Star Trek TOS and the push for diverse characters to show that doesn't actually preclude a good show- especially consider that for their time. On the contrary, I believe because the show was not a box of saltine crackers (and not just based on race but not having all the characters be cookie cutter replicas of each other in many ways), is why it had staying power.

As for prior character development, we are so far past the original series and reboot movies, the only ones who will care about that will be the extremely obsessed sci fi nerds who would bitch about anything anyway. If done well, this will have a new audience and a new fanbase. Think about the new 'grittier' Superman and Batman that diverged from the look/feel/character development of their counterparts.

Offline RoosGirl

Dipstick?!  Hah, I haven't heard that word since Dukes of Hazzard was on.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think it is perfectly fair in this context to point to Star Trek TOS and the push for diverse characters to show that doesn't actually preclude a good show- especially consider that for their time. On the contrary, I believe because the show was not a box of saltine crackers (and not just based on race but not having all the characters be cookie cutter replicas of each other in many ways), is why it had staying power.

As for prior character development, we are so far past the original series and reboot movies, the only ones who will care about that will be the extremely obsessed sci fi nerds who would bitch about anything anyway. If done well, this will have a new audience and a new fanbase. Think about the new 'grittier' Superman and Batman that diverged from the look/feel/character development of their counterparts.

Diversity was baked in the Star Trek TOS cake.  I leave it to Gene Roddenberry to explain:
“Star Trek was an attempt to say that humanity will reach maturity and wisdom on the day that it begins not just to tolerate, but take a special delight in differences in ideas and differences in life forms. […] If we cannot learn to actually enjoy those small differences, to take a positive delight in those small differences between our own kind, here on this planet, then we do not deserve to go out into space and meet the diversity that is almost certainly out there.”

What they're doing in this Lost in Space movie is another matter.
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

What they're doing in this Lost in Space movie is another matter.

Pandering to the lowest common denominator.