Author Topic: First National Bank, Enterprise, Alamo, and National car rentals drop NRA  (Read 600 times)

Offline Suppressed

My phone is acting up and I can't post links, but I think this is important news to get out. Perhaps someone else can post the info properly.

So much for those saying this would just blow over without impact.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: First National Bank, Enterprise, Alamo, and National car rentals drop NRA
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 01:31:16 pm »
So much for those saying this would just blow over without impact.

Eh, I am not an NRA member to get discounts on shitty rental cars.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 01:31:41 pm »
Here's a link:

Car rental company Enterprise and First National Bank of Omaha have severed their relationship with the National Rifle Association.

First National Bank of Omaha said Thursdsay it will not renew a contract to issue its NRA-branded Visa credit card.

"Customer feedback has caused us to review our relationship with the NRA," a bank spokesperson told CNBC. "As a result, First National Bank of Omaha will not renew its contract with the National Rifle Association to issue the NRA Visa Card."

The website advertising the card disappeared on Wednesday, less than one day after advocacy group ThinkProgress reported the bank's support of the pro-gun lobby. The bank and car rental company were used by the NRA to promote its membership through discounts and bonus deals.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/22/first-national-bank-of-omaha-bails-on-nra-branded-visa-card.html
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 01:51:37 pm »
The website advertising the card disappeared on Wednesday, less than one day after advocacy group ThinkProgress reported the bank's support of the pro-gun lobby. The bank and car rental company were used by the NRA to promote its membership through discounts and bonus deals.
Y'all want to hear something hilarious? At the bottom of all these articles ThinkProgress publishes calling for NRA boycotts, they have a huge donation solicitation: advertisers like Google are now preventing them from making advertising money because they're "controversial political content." Thus, the very mess THEY made for themselves is now backfiring on them and they're P.O.'ed.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 02:01:47 pm »
Here's a link:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/22/first-national-bank-of-omaha-bails-on-nra-branded-visa-card.html

Thanks, @Concerned.

Alamo and National are part of Enterprise Group; that's why it just references First National Bank of Omaha and "Enterprise".

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 02:06:37 pm »
Alamo and National are part of Enterprise Group; that's why it just references First National Bank of Omaha and "Enterprise".
It unnerves me a bit to shop around for prices - whether on rental cars or anything else - and find all of the "competitors" are the same company!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 02:14:32 pm »
It unnerves me a bit to shop around for prices - whether on rental cars or anything else - and find all of the "competitors" are the same company!

These companies are also increasingly getting caught jamming people with hidden fees hoping customers won't notice. It's a very sleazy business with an absurd business model that will not be able to weather Lyft and Uber.

! No longer available

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 02:34:59 pm »
Under Pressure From Left, Enterprise Rent-A-Cars Announces It Will Cut Discounts To NRA Members
 By Ben Shapiro
February 23, 2018

On Friday morning, Enterprise Rent-A-Cars announced via Twitter that they would no longer honor discounts for NRA members. That announcement followed a push from Leftists against companies with business relationships with the NRA.

The other Enterprise brands are National and Alamo.

It’s a typical tactic of the far-Left to push boycotts against advertisers who do business with conservatives. That tactic was originally popularized by Media Matters, the George Soros-funded, David Brock-led organization dedicated to forwarding Hillary Clinton’s political agenda; Media Matters astroturfed boycott campaigns against talk show hosts as well as the American Legislative Exchange Counsel for its connections with conservative businesses. Most recently, Leftists have led boycotts against the state of North Carolina for its state law guaranteeing separate bathrooms for men and women, and against Chick-Fil-A for its founder’s sin of supporting traditional marriage.   ...   Go to Daily Wire for full story and images of obnoxious tweets .

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 09:49:56 pm »
 EnterpriseRentACar‏Verified account @enterprisecares
Replying to @MamaBear64

Thank you for contacting us! All three of our brands have ended the discount for NRA members. This change will be effective March 26. Thank you again for reaching out. Kind regards, Michael
8:30 PM - 22 Feb 2018

James Woods  Verified account @RealJamesWoods
4m4 minutes ago

James Woods Retweeted EnterpriseRentACar

And thank YOU for disrespecting all your law-abiding now former clients, who work arduously to promote firearm safety. I used to use @Enterprise. I now welcome all fellow @NRA members to rethink their car rental arrangements.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 10:07:51 pm »
I was a huge fan of Enterprise.  Many branches aren't open on Sunday.  The founder was a decorated F6F Hellcat pilot flying off the USS Enterprise in WWII. He died in 2016, and his son is now the executive chairman, I think.

So sad.
+++++++++

Offline Applewood

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 10:42:17 pm »

James Woods  Verified account @RealJamesWoods
4m4 minutes ago

James Woods Retweeted EnterpriseRentACar

And thank YOU for disrespecting all your law-abiding now former clients, who work arduously to promote firearm safety. I used to use @Enterprise. I now welcome all fellow @NRA members to rethink their car rental arrangements.

Why I love James Woods.    :thumbsup:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 12:18:46 am »

Joe Walsh Verified account @WalshFreedom
37m37 minutes ago

The following companies have caved to the anti-Second Amendment #BoycottNRA crowd:
- Symantec
- LifeLock
- Hertz
- Avis
- Budget
- North American and Allied Van Lines
- MetLife
- SimpliSafe
- First National Bank of Omaha
- Enterprise Holdings
- Wyndham Hotels

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2018, 01:07:56 am »
We often use Enterprise for business travel.  I just cancelled a booking, and told them why.  That's the only way to go about this.  Good luck renting your cars to high school students, ya jackasses.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2018, 01:10:04 am »
Interesting that LifeLock and SimpliSafe folded to the loony left, considering their advertising relationships to Limbaugh and Beck.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2018, 03:31:51 pm »
David Hogg‏Verified account @davidhogg111

FedEx chairman is Fred Smith. Apparently he's a huge republican donor. #BoycottFedEx
12:10 AM - 24 Feb 2018

Michelle Plant   @michellesplant
10h10 hours ago
Replying to @davidhogg111

Does he have twitter?

If he does let me know
This has absolutely nothing to do with the killing of innocent children. They are beginning a campaign of harassment (and probable doxxing).  I agree with this person on Twitter:
S   @FoundersGirl
9h9 hours ago   
S Retweeted David Hogg

This is beyond innocent idealism & misplaced outrage.
This is a partisan witch hunt
Just how famous must one be to get a "verified" account from Twitter, anyway? This so-called activist kid with his 210,000 followers is quite the celebrity!  Woo hoo, this must be quite lucrative for him.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 03:47:38 pm »
TrueCar, United Airlines and Delta Airlines also cut any ties to NRA.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 05:53:31 pm »

Michelle Malkin
‏Verified account @michellemalkin
1h1 hour ago

Michelle Malkin Retweeted The Associated Press

Delta and United caving to the mob.
Setting a dangerous precedent.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2018, 06:01:55 pm »
I just hope Southwest stays out of the fray.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2018, 06:11:19 pm »
I’m a free market kind of guy and, even though I disagree with what these companies are doing, I support their right to do it. My concern isn’t what Alamo or LifeLock do. My concern is what the left will do when they ultimately don’t get their way.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2018, 06:14:41 pm »
I’m a free market kind of guy and, even though I disagree with what these companies are doing, I support their right to do it. My concern isn’t what Alamo or LifeLock do. My concern is what the left will do when they ultimately don’t get their way.

The Leftists understand that the last thing companies want, is to be "controversial",   so they create the controversies,  and get companies to fall in line.