Author Topic: Student investigated after allegedly saying a math symbol looked like a gun  (Read 379 times)

Offline mrclose

From Pop-Tarts to math symbols! 22222frying pan

Criminal charges will not be filed against a student after allegedly saying a math symbol looked like a gun.

On Tuesday afternoon, Allen Parish Sheriff's Office deputies investigated an allegation of terrorist threats at Oberlin High School, according to the department's Facebook page.

The investigation revealed that a student was completing a math problem and drew the sign for square root.
Deputies say another student made a comment that the symbol looked like a gun and several other students made similar comments. 

According to investigators, the comment made by the student in question "could" sound like a threat when taken out of context.

http://www.katc.com/story/37560947/student-investigated-after-allegedly-saying-a-math-symbol-looked-like-a-gun?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online mountaineer

This one, too.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Wait until he takes geography.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Night Hides Not

When I was in 8th grade, my first speech in Drama class was titled "Chemistry Fun at Home." My intro consisted of lighting a firecracker.

My ears rang for a good 15 minutes. My teacher loved it, and gave me an A. Obviously, such a thing could not be contemplated today.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.