Author Topic: Wheaton College remembers evangelist Billy Graham  (Read 377 times)

rangerrebew

Wheaton College remembers evangelist Billy Graham
« on: February 24, 2018, 12:35:21 pm »
Wheaton College remembers evangelist Billy Graham
By ERIC SCHELKOPFEmailFollow
Feb. 21, 2018
Alumnus dies at age 99

WHEATON – Wheaton College officials are remembering famed evangelist Billy Graham, who began his ministry as a student at Wheaton College.

Graham, a 1943 anthropology graduate of Wheaton College, died Feb. 21 at age 99. Wheaton College President Philip Ryken said Graham will be remembered for his humility, transparency, simplicity and integrity. “Billy Graham proved faithful to the end as a ‘prophet with honor,’ ” Ryken said in a news release. “I was just starting high school when the Billy Graham Center was dedicated and Billy Graham preached to a huge crowd on Wheaton’s front campus. I was there that day, sitting on a picnic blanket and listening to Dr. Graham preach the gospel he loved to proclaim – the good news of forgiveness for sin and the free gift of eternal life through the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Like countless others who heard Billy Graham preach, I re-committed my life to Christ.”
[Photo provided by Wheaton College]

Graham, a 1943 anthropology graduate of Wheaton College, died Feb. 21 at age 99. Wheaton College President Philip Ryken said Graham will be remembered for his humility, transparency, simplicity and integrity.

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/2018/02/21/wheaton-college-remembers-evangelist-billy-graham/d1yjc9i/?page=1