Author Topic: BREAKING: CNN Reports FOUR Broward County Deputies Waited Outside School As Children Were Massacred  (Read 2991 times)

Offline RoosGirl

This is just incredible.  I will not understand why people continue to send their kids to public skrewl.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
...it also means all four of them were outside listening to gunshots, people dying....If I were one of these parents I would sue this county/sheriff dept etc until I owned that county..or at least spend until my dying day trying to.

You would have thought they'd have wanted to go in for the very fact their bosses triplets attend that school.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

But I can't cuss any of the rank and file LEOs till I know the orders they were under.  We're talking six minutes here. I know it's horrid, but that ain't a lot of time. Waiting for the command truck or the SWAT truck to show up would be par for the course, I would suppose.

Well Roams...Maybe in a hostage situation.  Not with an active shooter situation.  Totally unacceptable.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

But I can't cuss any of the rank and file LEOs till I know the orders they were under.  We're talking six minutes here. I know it's horrid, but that ain't a lot of time. Waiting for the command truck or the SWAT truck to show up would be par for the course, I would suppose.

I know..I should feel the same way....but I just can't get over the fact they were standing there or crouched behind their squad cars while all these shots rang out...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

Well Roams...Maybe in a hostage situation.  Not with an active shooter situation.  Totally unacceptable.

That's right. But protocol is how these guys get to operate..,
I will be interested if a wrongful termination suit won't tell a different story.
Cowards or bagholders, one or the other.

Offline roamer_1

I know..I should feel the same way....but I just can't get over the fact they were standing there or crouched behind their squad cars while all these shots rang out...

I know it ain't right.

Offline cato potatoe

If you watched that sheriff, you would not be surprised by his deputies.  The Broward cops let nature take its course, and spend their shift documenting the carnage.  I would be nervous about spending any time down there.

Offline goatprairie

That's alright.

I ain't saying right or wrong - I don't know. Heck, a lot of school safety officers are Barney Fife by design - permitted a weapon, but not any rounds... Hard saying what protocols are in place in Broward Co.

Sure, if they were taking fire when they arrived. But they weren't. 

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
So, if every armed and armored person was hiding outside, I wonder what made him stop. Most of those nuts continue until they start taking fire or are dead.

Sounds like he could have continued shooting all day long if he wanted to. Maybe he ran out of ammo? Something made him stop. He sure as hell wasn't in any kind of danger or injured in any way.

All the LEOs were outside hiding. What made him stop and run?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 01:33:48 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline goatprairie

There are plenty of brave cops out there I'm sure...we can't condemn them all because a few shirked their duty.
I still remember the scene when those two bank robbers with body armor and  with armor piercing automatic weapons got into a shootout with the LA police.
 There is the video of one of the thugs shooting at cops with his automatic rifle when a squad car arrived and parked right next to the thug's car. The cops got out of their car and immediately started shooting at the a-hole and killed him.
There were a number of other cops who previously engaged the automatic rifle-armed thugs with their handguns. One or two were seriously wounded, but miraculously none were killed.
That's what the police are for...they're hired to  take the risks we don't. Maybe the Broward County Sheriff's department can hire some LA cops.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
So, if every armed and armored person was hiding outside, I wonder what made him stop. Most of those nuts continue until they start taking fire or are dead.

Sounds like he could have continued shooting all day long if he wanted to. Maybe he ran out of ammo? Something made him stop. He sure as hell wasn't in any kind of danger or injured in any way.

All the LEOs were outside hiding. What made him stop and run?

After reading more on this, it seems be an issue between the Police and the Sheriff Dept. I guess the Sheriff Deputies were all hiding when the Police showed up and actually stopped the shooter. So, the Deputies hid and waited for the police to take care of it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 02:31:52 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel

Yet another shite for brains "public servant" more like useless fraud

That photo explains a lot.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker

After reading more on this, it seems be an issue between the Police and the Sheriff Dept. I guess the Sheriff Deputies were all hiding when the Police showed up and actually stopped the shooter. So, the Deputies hid and waited for the police to take care of it.
Effin' disgusting behavior from so called "first responders".  Pi$$ on them and any who condone their cowardice to engage.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline goatprairie

I went over to DummyUnderground to see what the Dummies thought about the situation. While there were some semi-sane Dummies who thought the cops shirked their duty, quite a few excused the deputies because "what chance would they have with a handgun against a rifle?"
A few dissenting Dummies reminded those people that it was the deputy's job to try and protect the students and that some unarmed teachers had died trying to protect their students.
I guess, like MSLSD host Lawrence O'Donnell suggested, Cruz would have been able to dodge the bullets from a handgun because rifle bullets travel three times faster. Yes, the morons at MSLSD i.e. MSNBC are going with that idiocy.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 04:21:03 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I went over to DummyUnderground to see what the Dummies thought about the situation. While there were some semi-sane Dummies who thought the cops shirked their duty, quite a few excused the deputies because "what chance would they have with a handgun against a rifle?"
A few dissenting Dummies reminded those people that it was the deputy's job to try and protect the students and that some unarmed teachers had died trying to protect their students.
I guess, like MSLSD host Lawrence O'Donnell, Cruz would have been able to dodge the bullets from a handgun because rifle bullets travel three times faster. Yes, the morons at MSLSD i.e. MSNBC are going with that idiocy.

I'll assure you that every one of those "officers" hiding behind their cars had a rifle in that vehicle! Every damned one!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

I went over to DummyUnderground

Trip to Hell?

Actually, I’ve been known to venture over there from time to time
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jpsb

That's right. Their job is to arrest the perpetrator.
They were probably following protocol - Contain, guard the perimeter, and wait for the hut-huts to show up...

I believe that is the protocol these days. At least that seems to be what happens in just about
every mass shooting where LE gets there first. Control the perimeter and wait for SWAT. Maybe
it would be a good idea to get rid of SWAT? Then LE would have no reason to wait for SWAT.

Offline jpsb

...it also means all four of them were outside listening to gunshots, people dying....If I were one of these parents I would sue this county/sheriff dept etc until I owned that county..or at least spend until my dying day trying to.

The Supreme Court has already ruled that the police are under no obligation to save anyone from
harm. So you have no basis to sue.

Offline roamer_1

I believe that is the protocol these days. At least that seems to be what happens in just about
every mass shooting where LE gets there first. Control the perimeter and wait for SWAT. Maybe
it would be a good idea to get rid of SWAT? Then LE would have no reason to wait for SWAT.

Well, to be fair, SWAT has all that extra gear and all, and it takes a while to get the Armored Personnel Carrier going... And they're the professionals, so they're supposed to be fashionably late.... Lets folks know they're busy guys...

Offline jpsb

I guess, like MSLSD host Lawrence O'Donnell, Cruz would have been able to dodge the bullets from a handgun because rifle bullets travel three times faster. Yes, the morons at MSLSD i.e. MSNBC are going with that idiocy.

Yeah, I saw some of that on twitter, some guy was making the same arguement and talking about
hitting a target at 500 yards. I told him First of all you are in a building so you are not going
to get a clean 500 yard shot. You won't even get a 50 yard shot. And a good hand gun will be
accurate at 100 feet which is probably the longest shot you could make inside a school.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 02:27:39 pm by jpsb »

Online mountaineer

This is just incredible.  I will not understand why people continue to send their kids to public skrewl.
Your kid may get shot at public school, but he most certainly will be indoctrinated! Yay.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

I'll assure you that every one of those "officers" hiding behind their cars had a rifle in that vehicle! Every damned one!
You're right, but even lacking rifles, it was the duty of the deputy  to try and stop the shooting. That's the job he signed up for.
Like I cited, the police in LA who engaged those bank robbers with the body armor and automatic rifles were mostly armed  with handguns and shotguns during the initial stages of the shootout. Only at the end did some police have semi-automatic rifles.
A number of them got shot, and it's only a miracle that neither any of them or any civilians were killed.
Nevertheless, they fired shot after  shot at the robbers watching the thugs shrug off direct hits thanks to their body armor.
If some  leo doesn't want to do his job or doesn't understand what  his duties are, he should be fired.
And the BC sheriff's deputies didn't  want to enter the building even after the Coral Springs police arrived and almost immediately ran into the building. 
Which leads to the question: what were the qualifications to become a Broward County deputy?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 04:22:35 pm by goatprairie »

Offline goatprairie

Trip to Hell?

Actually, I’ve been known to venture over there from time to time
I like to find out what's going on inside their tiny little minds. It's always a shock to discover, as in the case of the sheriff's deputy, that there a few Dummies who are semi-sane.
But you can't stay too long at DU....you find yourself losing brain cells the longer you visit.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 04:07:25 pm by goatprairie »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

They had better.  My municipality has a fraction of their resources.  The patrol vehicles here are the Ford Edge.  When you're behind them, you can plainly see a shotgun and an AR variant in the vertical rack between the front seats.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online mountaineer

Iowahawk strikes again:
David Burge   @iowahawkblog
4h4 hours ago

The 4 stages of Broward County Sheriffing

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org