Author Topic: BREAKING: CNN Reports FOUR Broward County Deputies Waited Outside School As Children Were Massacred  (Read 2959 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
You're right, but even lacking rifles, it was the duty of the deputy  to try and stop the shooting. That's the job he signed up for.
Like I cited, the police in LA who engaged those bank robbers with the body armor and automatic rifles were mostly armed  with handguns and shotguns during the initial stages of the shootout. Only at the end did some police have semi-automatic rifles.
A number of them got shot, and it's only a miracle that neither any of them or any civilians were killed.
Nevertheless, they fired shot after  shot at the robbers watching the thugs shrug off direct hits thanks to their body armor.
If some  leo doesn't want to do his job or doesn't understand what  his duties are, he should be fired.
And the BC sheriff's deputies didn't  want to enter the building even after the Coral Springs police arrived and almost immediately ran into the building. 
Which leads to the question: what were the qualifications to become a Broward County deputy?

@goatprairie

AMEN!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Well it's been almost 24hrs since this story hit and Israel has not addressed the accusations...do we assume it's true?

I know Fox has been following it and so far no answers from them either.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Well it's been almost 24hrs since this story hit and Israel has not addressed the accusations...do we assume it's true?

I know Fox has been following it and so far no answers from them either.

I’m sure it is and the discussion will shift to how the deputies were outgunned by the terrible AR.  I remember when they used to complain the police carrying .38s and .357s were outgunned by criminals with Glocks, Berettas, and Brownings.  It’s always the firearm with them.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 07:16:39 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline verga

This is just incredible.  I will not understand why people continue to send their kids to public skrewl.
@RoosGirl
1) Because there are Conservatives like my self that are willing to instill Solid moral values in them
2) Believe it or not for quite a few of my students that is the best 6 hours of their day.
3) Not everyone feels qualified to home school on a myriad of topics.
4) Parochial and private schools are cost prohibitive.
5) There are quite a few students that get kicked out of private schools.
6) Some "Christian" schools will not accept students of different denominations.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

I'll assure you that every one of those "officers" hiding behind their cars had a rifle in that vehicle! Every damned one!
@Bigun Most of the ones I see have a shot gun mounted in a retaining bracket in the front seat.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl
1) Because there are Conservatives like my self that are willing to instill Solid moral values in them
2) Believe it or not for quite a few of my students that is the best 6 hours of their day.
3) Not everyone feels qualified to home school on a myriad of topics.
4) Parochial and private schools are cost prohibitive.
5) There are quite a few students that get kicked out of private schools.
6) Some "Christian" schools will not accept students of different denominations.

And for every teacher/administrator like you there are 10 others that don't give a damn.  They fail kids, either through incompetence or indoctrination.  And now the incompetence isn't just about whether Johnny can read when he graduates; it's also about whether he's alive to graduate.

I'm an engineer.  I don't pretend like every engineer is competent.  I get a quarterly newsletter with the names and infractions of each engineer that the Board has had to discipline that quarter.  Are teachers/administrators held to similar standards?  It doesn't seem so.

Offline edpc

I'm an engineer.

What kind of choo-choo do you drive?

Offline RoosGirl

What kind of choo-choo do you drive?

The kind that had to take college classes to learn that shit rolls downhill.

Offline verga

And for every teacher/administrator like you there are 10 others that don't give a damn.  They fail kids, either through incompetence or indoctrination.  And now the incompetence isn't just about whether Johnny can read when he graduates; it's also about whether he's alive to graduate.

I'm an engineer.  I don't pretend like every engineer is competent.  I get a quarterly newsletter with the names and infractions of each engineer that the Board has had to discipline that quarter.  Are teachers/administrators held to similar standards?  It doesn't seem so.
@RoosGirl I'm sorry I thought you wanted legitimate answers, not an argument. My apologies for misunderstanding your intent.

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl I'm sorry I thought you wanted legitimate answers, not an argument. My apologies for misunderstanding your intent.

I didn't realize you were the only one with legitimate answers.

Offline mountaineer

Teacher grazed by Parkland shooter’s bullet: ‘Shooter was in full metal garb, helmet, face mask, bulletproof armor, shooting a rifle I never seen before’
By Shepard Ambellas -
February 24, 2018, @11:12 pm EST

How does the purported shooter exit his Uber ride, put on full body dress, helmet, assemble his rifle, load it and start firing at targets within two minutes?

PARKLAND, Fla. (INTELLIHUB) — Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School teacher Stacy Lippel was grazed by a hot bullet which left the chamber of the shooter’s gun as she closed the door to her classroom after letting a number of students file into what would presumably be safety. However, nothing could have prepared the teacher for what she was to witness next.

“I suddenly saw the shooter about twenty feet in front of me standing at the end of the hallway actively shooting down the hallway, just a barrage of bullets, and I’m staring at him thinking why are the police here,this is strange because he’s in full metal garb, helmet, face mask, bulletproof armor, shooting this rifle that I’ve never seen before,” Lippel told Good Morning America last Wednesday.  ...

Police maintain the suspect Nikolas Cruz arrived via an Uber ride at 2:19 p.m. and initiated his attack within 1 minute. If true, that would mean that Cruz would have had to suit up into full metal body armor, put on a full helmet and the whole nine yards, all the while assembling an AR-15 rifle which was purportedly packed into a duffle bag with a number of fully-loaded magazines.   ... More at Intellihub
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

full metal garb, helmet, face mask, bulletproof armor, shooting this rifle that I’ve never seen before

This sounds like BS, because they had a description of his clothing and students knew who he was in the immediate aftermath.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 01:04:12 am by edpc »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
full metal garb, helmet, face mask, bulletproof armor, shooting this rifle that I’ve never seen before

This sounds like BS, because they had a description of his clothing and students knew who he was in the immediate aftermath.

This women is nucking futz

! No longer available
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"Full metal body armor"? Any pics of that?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goodwithagun

Public school isn’t going away anytime soon. There are those of us who are trying to do what’s best. We truly teach and teach the truth. We take our Sharpi’s to the teacher’s lounge union posters. Please don’t undermine that. We really do what we can.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline RoosGirl

Public school isn’t going away anytime soon. There are those of us who are trying to do what’s best. We truly teach and teach the truth. We take our Sharpi’s to the teacher’s lounge union posters. Please don’t undermine that. We really do what we can.

I have no doubt that there are those teachers who are exemplary; you and @verga are probably two such.  But I also have no doubt that y'all are in the minority. I applaud y'all for doing right by your students, I'm afraid there just aren't enough of your type.  And unfortunately, instead of just teaching, which is hard enough, there's all this other nonsense; the politics , social justice and murderous assholes that gets added into the mix.  I choose to not have my kid subjected to it, and I still won't understand why other people do.  It's not an easy path, but doing the right thing sometimes isn't.

Offline verga

@RoosGirl Quote me: where did I say I was the ONLY ONE with legitimate answers. You have already made it clear you are just looking for an argument.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Teacher grazed by Parkland shooter’s bullet: ‘Shooter was in full metal garb, helmet, face mask, bulletproof armor, shooting a rifle I never seen before’
By Shepard Ambellas -
February 24, 2018, @11:12 pm EST

How does the purported shooter exit his Uber ride, put on full body dress, helmet, assemble his rifle, load it and start firing at targets within two minutes?

PARKLAND, Fla. (INTELLIHUB) — Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School teacher Stacy Lippel was grazed by a hot bullet which left the chamber of the shooter’s gun as she closed the door to her classroom after letting a number of students file into what would presumably be safety. However, nothing could have prepared the teacher for what she was to witness next.

“I suddenly saw the shooter about twenty feet in front of me standing at the end of the hallway actively shooting down the hallway, just a barrage of bullets, and I’m staring at him thinking why are the police here,this is strange because he’s in full metal garb, helmet, face mask, bulletproof armor, shooting this rifle that I’ve never seen before,” Lippel told Good Morning America last Wednesday.  ...

Police maintain the suspect Nikolas Cruz arrived via an Uber ride at 2:19 p.m. and initiated his attack within 1 minute. If true, that would mean that Cruz would have had to suit up into full metal body armor, put on a full helmet and the whole nine yards, all the while assembling an AR-15 rifle which was purportedly packed into a duffle bag with a number of fully-loaded magazines.   ... More at Intellihub

Sounds like they are confusing the SWAT team with the shooter.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Speaking of the swat team, there is the one video taken by one of the kids.   They are all huddled in the back of the room when the cops enter the room.   It was one of the first videos released.

What if that hadn't been a cop?  Did they already know it was a cop?   If it had been the shooter that would have been really really bad.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl Quote me: where did I say I was the ONLY ONE with legitimate answers. You have already made it clear you are just looking for an argument.

You could stop responding to statements as though your opinion on the subject is the only one that is "legitimate".  Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm looking for an argument, it just means I disagree with you.