Author Topic: Cliff Kincaid: The 'new' conservatives: Pro-gay, pro-pot, pro-Russia  (Read 212 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The 'new' conservatives: Pro-gay, pro-pot, pro-Russia

By Cliff Kincaid

February 22, 2018

Ronald Reagan would be rolling over in his grave if he knew what the leadership of the American Conservative Union (ACU) was doing to the conservative movement. The ACU, which sponsors the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), has destroyed one leg of Reagan's "three-legged stool" approach to conservatism, and has greatly undermined another.

Reagan's approach emphasized the fiscal/economic, social/moral, and national security aspects of conservatism. Under this approach, the secret of success is maintaining all three legs of the stool. But the stool is broken at CPAC 2018. The Swamp has taken over.

This scandal unfolds as we are reminded that last year's CPAC invited and then disinvited "gay conservative" Milo Yiannopoulos after he made comments condoning man-boy sex.

As someone who met Reagan in the White House and heard his speeches at CPAC, I have the experience and history in the movement to comment. I introduced then-Rep. Mike Pence at CPAC in 2009. My group America's Survival, Inc. has been an exhibitor at CPAC in the past.

Read more at: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/kincaid/180222

Good column, even if one doesn't agree with all he says, I think there is some merit here. CPAC invited one of the Le Pens from France to speak, while shorting some Americans; and maybe letting the pot growers in on a libertarian basis. Alright, but don't deny others.