Author Topic: Trump Says Deputy Who Waited Outside During Florida School Shooting May Be a ‘Coward,' Didn’t Have '  (Read 584 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
President Donald Trump slammed a deputy police officer who failed to enter Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School while gunman Nikolas Cruz was at large, calling him a "coward" who lacked the "courage" to fulfill the duties of his job.

“He’s trained his whole life… but when it came time to get in there and do something, he didn’t have the courage or something happened," Trump told reporters on Friday. "But he certainly did a poor job, there's no question about that."

Trump added: "He certainly did a poor job but that's a case where somebody was outside, they're trained, they didn't react properly under pressure or they were a coward. It was a real shock to the police department."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-deputy-waited-outside-160046902.html
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 06:46:23 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Waiting for the outrage.   :cool:

Well, we all were thinking the same thing about the Cop who froze.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Applewood

Do Trump fans really need their idol to tell them what to think about this deputy? 

Offline WingNot

Do Trump fans really need their idol to tell them what to think about this deputy?

Applebee. Does it hurt to be that stupid?

Offline anubias

Applebee. Does it hurt to be that stupid?

@Wingnut
@Applewood

I have to agree.  That was an incredibly stupid comment.  I immediately thought about offering her a tube of toothpaste to apply to the burn she must surely be suffering when I read her comment.

Offline dfwgator

We like Trump because he says what WE think.

Offline kidd

There are thousands of armed guards at schools across the country, including the high school that my kids attend. Complacency is not an option for these positions.

The guards at other schools are probably not cowards, but the public shaming will make them think twice about their role. I want these PAID (and maybe the unpaid) guards to understand that they are not just the morning greeter of teachers and their job is not to transport large volumes of fluids from the coffee maker to the urinal.

I didn't vote for Trump, but BRAVO to Trump for having the balls to publicly shame the Broward Coward. There is NO WAY that a democrat would criticize an ineffective public servant.

Offline Applewood

LOL  I knew my comment would get a rise out of Trump's fans. 

Look, I don't condone this deputy's actions  (or rather, inaction) one bit.  But he's already out of a job, it's unlikely he will ever get another job in law enforcement, he might have a tough time getting a job, period -- especially anywhere near his current home.  I don't know if there might be some sort of legal action against him and/or the sheriff's department.  The guy is finished, beaten down, ruined.  He doesn't need the President of the United States piling on. 

Another thing:  I hear this former deputy has been threatened.  It is well known that a number of people from the lunatic fringe worship Trump as their god.  What's to stop one of these crazies, upon hearing that his hero is displeased with the former deputy, from deciding to cause this former deputy and maybe his family bodily harm? 

There are times for the president to speak out.  But this is not one of them.   We already know the deputy screwed up.  We don't need the president to tell us, especially when doing so might get some innocent party killed.   

In other words, Trump -- SHADDUP!

Offline WingNot

Yo Applepie.

Another thing:  I hear this former deputy has been threatened.  It is well known that a number of people from the lunatic fringe worship Trump as their god.  What's to stop one of these crazies, upon hearing that his hero is displeased with the former deputy, from deciding to cause this former deputy and maybe his family bodily harm? 

The lunatic left has more reason to threaten this guy.  I would wager 90% of the dead came from litlle leftist families and not Trump supporters.

Stop projecting.

Offline Applewood

Yo Applepie.

The lunatic left has more reason to threaten this guy.  I would wager 90% of the dead came from litlle leftist families and not Trump supporters.

Stop projecting.

Not projecting at all @Wingnut   There are plenty of crazies on all sides.  And more than a few with no apparent political affiliation. 

Offline WingNot

Not projecting at all @Wingnut   There are plenty of crazies on all sides.  And more than a few with no apparent political affiliation.

You should say that then.