Author Topic: An Epidemic of Dishonesty on the Right  (Read 334 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
An Epidemic of Dishonesty on the Right
« on: February 22, 2018, 07:32:28 pm »
Enough with the rancid conspiracy theories
By Kevin D. Williamson
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/02/parkland-shooting-hoax-latest-right-dishonesty-epidemic/

First it was the Holocaust, now Parkland — is there any act of depravity to which the less respectable right-wing media cannot imagine a connection for George Soros?

David Clarke, the sheriff of Fox News, insisted that the Florida students’ reaction to the shooting “has GEORGE SOROS’ FINGERPRINTS all over it,” idiotic capitalization in the original and, one assumes, in his soul. The idiots at Gateway Pundit suggested that one of the student survivors was a fraud because — get this — he’d been interviewed on television before about an unrelated incident. Dinesh D’Souza joined in to mock the students as patsies.

To be fair, D’Souza doesn’t think George Soros is behind Parkland — he thinks George Soros was behind the Holocaust . . .

. . . D’Souza is hardly the only offender here. Scott Baio suggested on Twitter that the woman presented as Charlottesville murder victim Heather Heyer was the same woman presented as Sandy Hook mother Vicki Soto. He posted pictures of them side by side, with the oh-so-innocent remark “Thoughts?” The implication — that the events in Sandy Hook and Charlottesville were some sort of hoax pulled off by a powerful and far-reaching conspiracy of wily political operators who could not be bothered to hire an extra actress to fortify their schemes — is poisonous, lunatic conspiracy-theory stuff. Normally, I would not give one furry little rat’s patootie what Chachi says or does, but this is a man who was invited to speak on the opening day of the Republican National Convention in 2016, who is a regular representative of the conservative view on Fox News and other outlets, and who is, therefore, a figure of some cultural consequence, peculiar as that fact may be . . .

. . . Dinesh D’Souza should be ashamed of himself. David Clarke should be ashamed of himself, and not just for his ridiculous hat. And conservatives should be ashamed of them, too, and for bending the knee to Scott Baio, Ted Nugent, and every other third-rate celebrity who has something nice to say about a Republican from time to time. And we should be ashamed of ourselves if we come to accept this kind of dishonesty in the service of political expediency. If conservative ideas cannot prevail in the marketplace of ideas without lies, they do not deserve to prevail at all.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline LMAO

Re: An Epidemic of Dishonesty on the Right
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 03:22:17 am »
Good article.

Soros is to the right what the Koch Bros are to the left yet I wager 70% of the electorate have no clue who either even are.

I like to stay logical and avoid the conspiracy theories
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 06:22:53 am »
Thank you for sharing this!
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 07:45:40 am »
And Williamson is the slimy creep that said that rural folks deserve their shitty lifestyle because they haven't move to cosmopolitan and effete areas like NYC, LA and DC like smart people. I hope this sanctimonious bald headed freak gets run over by a bus while he is thumbing through his NY Slimes in a cross walk.

We know that Avaas and other radical Commie front groups wasted no time dumping money in resources into that area after the shootings. We know that CNN scripted the so called town hall event to skew public opinion. We know that some of the kids CNN is pimping are activists for progressive causes. We know that people at that school with opposing views to gun control are being sidelined. The whole gd thing is a sham and the best this dip shit writer can muster is an indictment of the Right. Eff him. No wonder National Review is now a low circulation K Street waiting room item.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 01:58:38 pm »
And Williamson is the slimy creep that said that rural folks deserve their shitty lifestyle because they haven't move to cosmopolitan and effete areas like NYC, LA and DC like smart people. I hope this sanctimonious bald headed freak gets run over by a bus while he is thumbing through his NY Slimes in a cross walk.

We know that Avaas and other radical Commie front groups wasted no time dumping money in resources into that area after the shootings. We know that CNN scripted the so called town hall event to skew public opinion. We know that some of the kids CNN is pimping are activists for progressive causes. We know that people at that school with opposing views to gun control are being sidelined. The whole gd thing is a sham and the best this dip shit writer can muster is an indictment of the Right. Eff him. No wonder National Review is now a low circulation K Street waiting room item.
And you misquoted him. He didn't say they deserve their lifestyle. And he certainly didn't say they should move to liberal areas. And he doesn't want them to die either like a number of Williamson haters have claimed. He genuinely wants them to improve their lives.
He wants them to eschew their self-destructive lifestyles and move to areas that have jobs. If you read his article carefully, he states that where they now live has no opportunities for them and probably never will.