Author Topic: Trump Opens Door to National Gun Registry with Proposed Gun Controls  (Read 1038 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Trump Opens Door to National Gun Registry with Proposed Gun Controls
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2018, 04:27:53 pm »
@txradioguy

What I said is correct in Texas or I would not have posted it.  The govn. does not know what I have or what anyone has in Texas or any other state unless that state, city, has a registration law and the citizen must get it recorded. Will prove it in pm to you. In all states, the form you fill out stays with that seller and never leaves there.  I know that for sure.  Also, when the clerk makes the phone call to that special phone number, for a background check, that is an automated system and no info. about the type(s) of weapon(s) is given.  The fed govn. does not know what you have.  Will explain this in pm to you, not going to argue with uninformed.

@Victoria33 you're good I believe you.  Like I said it's different in every state.  Even though I hail from Texas I wasn't familiar with their laws and how they treat background checks and the LTC permits.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2018, 06:40:44 pm »
National gun registry?  I think that's going to be a battle in the courts.  In Florida:

It is a felony under Florida law to create, maintain or publish any list, record or registry of legally owned firearms or law-abiding firearm owners. Allows concealed possession of handguns, electronic weapons or devices, tear gas guns, knives, or billies, but not long guns or machine guns per Chapter 790.06(1).

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2018, 06:56:03 pm »
National gun registry?  I think that's going to be a battle in the courts.  In Florida:

It is a felony under Florida law to create, maintain or publish any list, record or registry of legally owned firearms or law-abiding firearm owners. Allows concealed possession of handguns, electronic weapons or devices, tear gas guns, knives, or billies, but not long guns or machine guns per Chapter 790.06(1).

One election cycle and a shift of power in the Florida State house would all the libs would need to change that.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 06:56:55 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2018, 07:00:54 pm »
In North Carolina you get the background check and then are issued a permit to make a  handgun purchase.  You pay $5.00 for the  "pistol permit".  You can buy as many permits as you want.  The seller of the gun is supposed to collect the permit for the purchase.  If you have a concealed carry permit, then you do not have to purchase a "pistol permit" in order to purchase a handgun.  Long guns are exempt from the permitting process.  So far as I know the data on pistol permits and concealed carry permits is kept at the local county level.  The permitting process is handled by the Sheriff's office in each county.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2018, 07:46:28 pm »
One election cycle and a shift of power in the Florida State house would all the libs would need to change that.

If that happens we will need a Two State Solution.  A serious fight against northern aggression from South Florida.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2018, 07:52:45 pm »
@INVAR

The form you fill out when you buy a weapon, is not sent to the govn.  It stays with the store.
Are you speaking about one state, or all states?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2018, 07:56:19 pm »
No.   :smokin:

That was our "social media advisor," curating this site's feed, with his stream of #nevertrump chum.

@Right_in_Virginia 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2018, 08:18:48 pm »

Well, IMHO a 'national' registry sure as heck isn't going to encourage people to get a conceal carry permit, which usually requires at least some rudimentary training.  Registries, expanding background checks etc., is NOT going to cut back on gun violence as those with criminal intent certainly aren't going to comply.  There is always going to be a way to obtain guns illegally and having some sort of registry isn't going to eliminate that scenario, especially when our own government is/was selling guns to groups like the Mexican cartel! 

I see a national gun registry as just a step closer to banning ALL guns. 

...." Florida law does not require licensing of firearm purchasers or registration of the weapons, only mandating that concealed weapons must be permitted. This means data is only kept for concealed firearms, which also means nobody really knows how many unconcealed firearms there are.....Nobody can definitively say just how many guns there are, right now, in the state...

https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/2017/mar/08/florida-guns/
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 08:20:23 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2018, 09:33:03 pm »
That was our "social media advisor," curating this site's feed, with his stream of #nevertrump chum.

@Right_in_Virginia

He sure is dedicated to his cause :smokin: ... @truth_seeker

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2018, 10:00:19 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

Breitbart.com is our social media advisor?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2018, 10:16:35 pm »
If that happens we will need a Two State Solution.  A serious fight against northern aggression from South Florida.

I'll cast my lot with the rednecks in the panhandle if it comes to that LOL