Author Topic: Dem candidate under fire for 'crusty old Marine' comment  (Read 288 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Dem candidate under fire for 'crusty old Marine' comment
« on: February 22, 2018, 09:23:25 pm »
A Democrat running for Congress in San Diego is under fire after allegedly calling a rival candidate a “crusty old Marine” during a campaign event -- though she denies she was referring to her opponent.

The comments by Sara Jacobs, 29, who is running to replace outgoing Republican Rep. Darrell Issa, were reported in an otherwise glowing profile in Cosmopolitan -- which described her as a “bitmoji-using, America's Top Model-loving” candidate.

Asked how she would fare with the district’s large military population, considering fellow Democrat Doug Applegate is a retired Marine colonel, she responded: “It’s true...I’m not a crusty old Marine.”

Cosmo called it “an awkward moment” and reported that the group remained “mostly silent.” The remarks quickly sparked a backlash from Democrats and Republicans.

“As somebody who proudly served our country and risked life and limb to defend our nation and our families, I believe that no candidate for public office should attack our service members,” Christina Prejean, an Air Force veteran and Democratic candidate, said in a statement to the San Diego Union-Tribune. “We serve because of our innate passion to protect our country. We should never tear down veterans.”

Parke Skelton, a consultant for another Democratic candidate in the race, called it a “devastating error.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/22/dem-candidate-under-fire-for-crusty-old-marine-comment.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Dem candidate under fire for 'crusty old Marine' comment
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 09:28:24 pm »
LOL.  Doug Applegate should run on that.   Vote for the Crusty Old Marine . Oorah
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 09:32:34 pm »
LOL. This rich bitch is probably going to win because Cali is a shithole. Her only job she has had is taking granddaddies Qualcom money and looking for a political gig to slink into. She shouldn't even be a factor in this race....

"Before coming to our campaign, Sara Jacobs had already done excellent policy work at the United Nations and at the State Department, and she is well qualified and would make an excellent member of Congress,” Podesta said in the statement.

In addition to three internships, Jacobs had approximately 28 months of professional experience at the time, including a position with United Nations, UNICEF, and as a contractor working in the State Department. While a contractor, she provided support for “policy shaping and strategy support,” her resume says.

Jacobs also earned a master’s degree in international affairs from Columbia University and interned on Barack Obama’s re-election campaign finance team.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/watchdog/sd-me-jacobs-record-20171128-story.html

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 09:33:37 pm »
Ah, she meant it as a term of endearment - just like AZ Gov. Evan Meachem did when he defended the use of pickaninny as a term for blacks.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 09:52:27 pm »
LOL. This rich bitch is probably going to win because Cali is a shithole. Her only job she has had is taking granddaddies Qualcom money and looking for a political gig to slink into. She shouldn't even be a factor in this race....

She should be a big hit with the Russians.   Let her eyebrows grow together and she'd look like Leonid brezhnev.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 02:52:00 am »
She sounds like an ass.  I'm sure the guy would have won the Dem nomination anyway.

But it's funny -- I never would have thought "crusty old Marine" was an insult, especially in San Diego.  My husband's granddad was a Marine who lived in Coronado, and that description was an affectionate part of his eulogy.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.