Author Topic: FBI: 'Processes were in place,' but not followed, to deal with Florida shooter tip  (Read 473 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FBI: 'Processes were in place,' but not followed, to deal with Florida shooter tip
by Kelly Cohen | Feb 22, 2018, 12:36 PM

Acting FBI Deputy Director David Bowdich said the “processes were in place” to act on a tip about the Parkland, Fla., high school shooter, but they were “not followed.”

Speaking in Washington, Bowdich said the FBI’s Public Access Line for tips is aimed at moving information from around the country to its headquarters in West Virginia. From there, the information is distributed to the applicable FBI field office in what Bowdich called a “professional operation.”

However, this was not done with information about 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz.

“Let me be clear: There was a mistake made. We know that, but it is our job to do everything in our power to make sure it does not happen again,” Bowdich said Thursday. He said the “full-scale review” of the process is ongoing.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/fbi-processes-were-in-place-but-not-followed-to-deal-with-florida-shooter-tip/article/2649750
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
And in the recent Texas-church mass murder, the Air Force followed to make entries in some registry.

In effect highly paid career government workers, are continuing without consequence, taking fat pensions, over failures that result in many deaths.

Here is the FBI "Ten Most Wanted" (but they will likely be involved with aiding H. Clinton, and framing D. Trump instead

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

Lovely. This is the same line the FBI gave after blowing the Boston Bombing, Sandy Hook events and the 10 other attacks that took place. They are like a broken record.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm sure knowing that "processes were in place" will greatly comfort the families of those who needlessly died!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

"Mistakes were made."

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
A "process" or "procedure" or "policy" THAT IS NOT FOLLOWED, is a recommendation.

Offline truth_seeker

https://nypost.com/2018/02/22/cops-let-alleged-florida-shooter-off-the-hook-over-gun-threat/

Cops let alleged Florida shooter off the hook over gun threat

By Lia Eustachewich   |   February 22, 2018

Local authorities were warned two and a half months prior to the massacre in a Florida high school that accused shooter Nikolas Cruz had “used a gun against people before,” according to a disturbing new report.

The chilling details on Cruz’s troubled past were revealed in 911 records obtained by CNN.

Cruz, 19, began acting violent shortly after he and his younger brother, Zachary, moved into neighbor Rocxanne Deschamps’ trailer home following their mother’s death in November.

Palm Beach County sheriff’s deputies were called to the trailer three times in less than a week — for a report of a weapon and a fight between Cruz and Deschamps’ 22-year-old son, Rock.

The day before Thanksgiving, Rock called 911 to report that he believed Cruz, whom he described as an “adopted 19-year-old son,” had hidden a “gun in the back yard,” according to the 911 dispatcher’s notes.

Rock told authorities “there were no weapons allowed in the household,” the report said.

It’s unclear whether a search of the property in Lantana was conducted and the call was classified as “domestic unfounded.”

Four days later, Cruz erupted into rage after losing a photo of his dead mom and began punching walls.

He then started fighting with Rock — and left the home.

Rocxanne called 911, telling the dispatcher that Cruz said “he was going to get his gun and come back” and that he’d “bought a gun from Dick’s last week and is now going to pick it up.”

She also said Cruz had “bought tons of ammo” and “has used a gun against ppl before,” the notes said. “He has put the gun to others’ heads in the past,” Rocxanne added.

When deputies responded, Cruz and Rock “hugged and reconcile[d] their differences.” Cruz also “said he was sorry for losing his temper.”

Rocxanne declined to press charges, telling authorities she didn’t want Cruz going to jail because he’d been “going through a lot” after his mom’s death, according to WPTV.

The day before the fight between Rock and Cruz, a social worker from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School asked deputies to check on Zachary Cruz, WPTV reported.

The 17-year-old boy hadn’t shown up at school since his mother died, but he “was never disenrolled from school in Broward to attend any other school,” the social worker said.

Deputies visited the trailer but were told to come back later. It’s unclear if they did.

Rocxanne’s ex-fiance Paul Gold, a longtime neighbor of the Cruzes in Parkland, recalled how Nikolas Cruz was upset that no one showed up for his mom’s funeral, CNN reported.

“The boy was stoic. Not a tear. Not an emotion,” said Gold, who drove Cruz to the funeral. “I asked him if he was upset. He said: ‘I’m upset because nobody came, and nobody cares about my mother.’”

“I told him that his mother was loved by many, many people and they just couldn’t make it, timing and whatnot,” Cruz added. “It was a complete lie. But I felt horrible. Here’s this poor kid, and his mother dies, and not a soul shows up.”

The only people who went were Cruz, his brother, Gold and Rocxanne.

Gold said he wasn’t aware that Cruz had guns and called him a “monster.”

snip

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
The sheriff in TX was supposed to investigate the Church shooter over a report of sexual assault.  But he kept missing chances to interview the accuser and the shooter, and it sounded like he just gave up.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline truth_seeker

The sheriff in TX was supposed to investigate the Church shooter over a report of sexual assault.  But he kept missing chances to interview the accuser and the shooter, and it sounded like he just gave up.

And the Air Force was "supposed to" report his conviction,, for domestic violence, but did NOT.

Like immigration, there are many good laws. but it seems that very often, our well paid government employees, don't bother following them.

So why increase requirements on gun owners? Why not pursue penalties on government employee and agency failures?

--FBI has had multiple mass murders "on the radar," yet failed to ACT
--Florida police responded to multiple calls to this mass murderers home, but failed to ACT
--etc.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"FBI: 'Processes were in place,' but not followed, to deal with Florida shooter tip"

I'm so relieved, that the F.B.I. has processes that remain in place, never to be used!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Eff the FBI
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline jpsb

The director of the FBI, if he were an honorable man, would resign over the many failures at the FBI.