Author Topic: Billy Graham, America's pastor, has died  (Read 390 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Billy Graham, America's pastor, has died
« on: February 21, 2018, 02:51:22 pm »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/02/21/billy-graham-americas-pastor-has-died/858017001/

The world's best-known evangelist, the Rev. Billy Graham, has died. He was 99.

From the gangly 16-year-old baseball-loving teen who found Christ at a tent revival, Graham went on to become an international media darling, a preacher to a dozen presidents and the voice of solace in times of national heartbreak. He was America's pastor.

Graham retired to his mountain home at Montreat, N.C., in 2005 after nearly six decades on the road calling people to Christ at 417 all-out preaching and musical events from Miami to Moscow. His final New York City crusade in 2005 was sponsored by 1,400 regional churches from 82 denominations.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline musiclady

Re: Billy Graham, America's pastor, has died
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 03:42:13 pm »
Billy is finally with his Savior, face to face with Jesus.

It is a time for great sorrow here on earth, and great JOY in Heaven!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Dartman

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 03:46:49 pm »
His work here is done.
Rest in peace Reverend Graham, rest in peace.
Justin Trudeau and Barack Obama say "ISIL". The rest of the world says "ISIS". Hmmm ...

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 03:46:53 pm »
SOURCE: FOX NEWS

URL: http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/21/donald-trump-mike-pence-react-billy-graham-death

President Donald Trump paid tribute to iconic Christian evangelist Rev. Billy Graham, who passed away Wednesday at age 99 at his home in Montreat, N.C.

Trump took to Twitter to call Graham a great and very special man who will be missed by people of all faiths.

The GREAT Billy Graham is dead. There was nobody like him! He will be missed by Christians and all religions. A very special man.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 21, 2018

Graham, whose worldwide crusades and role as adviser to decades of U.S. presidents made him one of the best known religious figures of his time, preached to 215 million people in more than 185 countries and territories, with "hundreds of millions more" viewing him on television, video, film and webcasts, according to the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association website.

Vice President Mike Pence also took to Twitter to pay tribute to Graham, writing that he changed the lives of millions by spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ.

"We mourn his passing, but I know with absolute certainty that today he heard those words, 'Well done, good and faithful servant,'" Pence said. "Thank you, Billy Graham. God bless."

Billy Graham's ministry for the gospel of Jesus Christ and his matchless voice changed the lives of millions. We mourn his passing but I know with absolute certainty that today he heard those words, "well done good and faithful servant." Thank you Billy Graham. God bless you(2/2)

— Vice President Mike Pence (@VP) February 21, 2018

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 03:47:36 pm »
Former President George H.W. Bush issued the following statement:

Billy Graham was America's pastor.  His faith in Christ and his totally honest evangelical spirit inspired people across the country and around the world.  I think Billy touched the hearts of not only Christians, but people of all faiths, because he was such a good man.  I was privileged to have him as a personal friend.  He would come to Maine to visit with Barbara and me, and he was a great sport. He loved going really fast in my boat.  I guess you could say we had that in common.  Then we would come home and talk about life.  He was a mentor to several of my children, including the former president of the United States.  We will miss our good friend forever.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 03:54:59 pm »
Personal anecdote....

I was there at Billy Graham’s LAST gospel crusade in Flushing Meadows, Corona Park, NY.

Bill and Hillary were prominently seated behind him as he preached. Graham was about 87 then (It was 2005).

It was then when he referred to the Clintons as “wonderful friends,” joking that the former president should consider becoming an evangelist and let “his wife to run the country.” (that did not go too well in certain parts of the country then ).

Who knows, maybe Hillary got the idea to run for President from Billy Graham ( even when he was saying it in jest ).

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 04:16:48 pm »
Lara Trump‏Verified account
@LaraLeaTrump 

“Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead. Don’t you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God.” — Billy Graham 🙏🏽  #RipBillyGraham

6:25 AM - 21 Feb 2018

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 04:20:35 pm »
I did not know this. Donald and Melania Trump were at Billy Graham's 95th birthday celebration in 2013. So were Sarah and Todd Palin and Greta Van Susteren. 

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 11:02:56 pm »
Just gonna lay this here...

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....