Author Topic: Schumer: Universal background checks Dems' top priority  (Read 344 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer: Universal background checks Dems' top priority
« on: February 21, 2018, 07:10:48 pm »
Schumer: Universal background checks Dems' top priority
By Jordain Carney - 02/21/18 01:30 PM EST

Senate Democrats are zeroing in on a push to require universal background checks for gun purchases in the wake of last week's shooting at a Florida high school.

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Wednesday that universal background checks would be the party's "number one priority."

"Our No. 1 priority is going to be universal background checks, which is supported by about 80 percent of the American people, and closing the gun show loophole and all the other ways that people get around the background checks," he told reporters.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/374889-schumer-universal-background-checks-dems-top-priority
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Schumer: Universal background checks Dems' top priority
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 07:29:37 pm »
Ahhhh... the "gun show loophole"... which does not exist.

What it actually is, is a trick by gun grabbers like Schumer to try to prevent private gun sales between individuals without them having to submit government paperwork, which Federal law has never before required. Anyone who has ever been to a gun show knows that all dealers on site must be FFL-licensed, and must use the standard forms and procedures for purchases and sales of firearms.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 07:31:57 pm »
What is Chuckie's Top Top Top priority?   

I thought it was DACA.  Looks like he kicked the "Waders" to the curb. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 07:33:59 pm »
What is Chuckie's Top Top Top priority?   

I thought it was DACA.  Looks like he kicked the "Waders" to the curb.

@Wingnut
I think you hit on it.  The dems were desperate for a way out of the DACA mess and this is it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 01:20:04 am »
Ahhhh... the "gun show loophole"... which does not exist.

What it actually is, is a trick by gun grabbers like Schumer to try to prevent private gun sales between individuals without them having to submit government paperwork, which Federal law has never before required. Anyone who has ever been to a gun show knows that all dealers on site must be FFL-licensed, and must use the standard forms and procedures for purchases and sales of firearms.   

Exactly.  It's amazing that Chuckie is still using his old material. Though lying to the American people is what liberal mental midgets do!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.